We have just returned from a 2 week stay at Centara Resort Karon. We absolutely loved Thailand this being our first time and our honeymoon.
Firstly bad points;
On check in we were asked to leave a £200 deposit via credit card which as we didn't have a credit card was told we couldn't stay, this was not a very good first impression and felt the attitude was a bit callous. Having worked in hotels for over 10 years we have never taken money as a deposit before and felt we should have been informed of this procedure upon booking. I was a bit upset by the Receptionists remark that if we didnt leave a credit card/deposit we couldnt stay??!!! Having already paid for the room this comment was unacceptable, however the issue was resolved by us giving £100 cash deposit but still was not a good first impression.
Also I had noticed that other guests checking in were given a welcome drink but we did not get anything.
The only other bad point was that the room smelt quite damp and the bed linen pillows constantly smelt musty, surely something can be done? We had to buy an air freshner to try to hide the smell.
However all in all other than the above bad points we had an amazing holiday the hotel and its grounds are beautiful, the spa was lovely, staff friendly and facilities were good. I would return to the hotel again as its in a great location and has wonderful facilities.
Given alk the reviews I have seen I would recommend this hotel but just be aware of the deposit system to avoid the surprise on check in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon