This is our second visit to this resort we were also there in 2011.
We had the same room a private Cabana room which was excellent however recommend for couples and children under 7, it may not be priviate enough for older kids unless you can get 2 brms. We did try to book 2 brms at this resort in the Cabana's or the other rooms but they were booked even though we booked our trip 6 months earlier.
We used the bhart bonaza and if you are using this as a resort and a relaxing stay and will eat here often this is recommended. We also recommend outside eating places Mermaid Hotel and the Red Onion. The inn directly out of the hotel on the right opposite the irish pub also did excellent value for money meals.
Since our last stay this resort has many more internal activities we enjoyed including the pool parties and the gym classes. These were excellent and fun.
Reception staff were very helpful when we had a few issues communicating to taxi drivers etc.
The children loved the slide pool and this was hours of entertainment for them. The Kids club has also improved with more interaction with the children. Probably more suited activies here for children under 8.
Breakfast is excellent and we loved the banana rotis.
This really should be a 5 star rating from us as it was last time but due to a few service issues we had we have rated it 4 stars this time. We enjoyed our stay and would definatley like to return however a bit more internal training of the staff would help. We had a issues with Happy Hour in the kids pool area clocks were wrong as well as meals not been delivered together as a family eating. A few minutes is ok but 1/2 hour with children is difficult. It really comes down to communication improving, but this may be the western way and not the Thai way and we are in Thailand after all.
Overall we feel we received excellent value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon