We stayed at the Centara Resort Karon Beach for 10 nights from the 31st August. We deliberately chose Karon beach for its more peaceful location but close proximity to Patong, We travelled with our daughter, partner and 12 month baby and we joined by our son, daughter in law and 3 year old. The hotel offered good amenities for children, child specific pool and play ground. Breakfast offerred a good and varied variety of food and we made use of the room service which provided adequate food. The staff were very friendly and tried very hard to make our stay pleasurable.
We were allocated rooms overlooking the terrace pool and there were a few negatives about these. For a start the airconditioning in both our interconnecting rooms dripped moisture onto the floor constantly providing a constant slip hazard, the railing around the balcony was way too high and our granddaugher could have easily fitted through the gap (not that she was left unsupervised). The shower ran very hot and cold which proved frustrating and somewhat dangerous at times. But the biggest problem of all was the renovation works directly above us and the dreadful smell of vanish, paint and constant banging, I am aware that maintenance needs to be done but we should have been advised of this and provided with alternative accommodation. Overall the room was comfortable and provided the essentials.
We utliized the spa services and were happy with the service provided especially given our 1,500 baht My time voucher.
This hotel is in a fabulous location and given it's price it provides good accommodation for a family with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Fastbooking, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon