This is the 2nd time my wife and I have stayed here with our kids, 2 girls (9&11). Check in was friendly and quick, as it was last time. We did ask when we booked our stay to have a room on the ground floor as last time we all got tired of walking up stairs to the top floor. A room wasn't available for that night so we spent one night on the top floor and we were then moved to the ground floor overlooking the pool. That made the kids happy.
Breakfast was great, only issue is the Lotus Restaurant can get pretty busy and you may find yourself having to wait for a table if you leave it too late. Go to the Azura Restaurant instead, much quieter and has basically the same food.
The kids had a great time in the 3 pools, especially the main pool with the 2 water slides. They made so many new friends. It is a very family friendly place to stay.
Housekeeping were great with our rooms, sheets and towels changed when we asked, and any extra toiletries were happily given. We all slept very well each night, all 12 of them.
The location is great with plenty of restaurants and bars straight out the door. I'd recommend eating out as they are better value than the Centara's 2 restaurants. That being said some nights were good value. There is a market within 200 of the front gates and the resort is only a 5 minute stroll to the beach.
We had stayed at the Centara Karon last year and were looking forward to staying there again, and I'd happily go back for a third time.
Only gripe I have this time around was that we had a door between the rooms (adjoining room), we had 4 in the one room, and could hear everything in the room next door, including their wake up calls, their restless child during the night and the lady's need to dry her hair in the middle of the room at 7am instead of in the bathroom. That only happened once but was very annoying. I did replay the favour a few days later when we left early for a tour. Better quality door seals would make for a peaceful nights sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Fastbooking, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon