We stayed in early December in a Terraces Room. We had an end room with a large picture window at one side and a balcony. It was our anniversary (and we had told them and taken our wedding certificate) but didn't get any special treats like we did in other hotels during our trip (fruit, chocolates, cake, towel animals!). The room was pleasant and clean, with a good sized bathroom with walk in shower (no bath). Our toilet had a leak which we reported but it was not fixed during our stay. There's a bit of noise in the room at night from the bars around the hotel.
The grounds are lovely. The terrace pool had some work going on which was a bit noisy, so we just moved to another pool area. The bar was nice, and sold a good margherita. The happy hours were confusing - different rules in different areas, a consistent approach would help. You could get buy one get one free on a can of beer, but not on a bucket of beer - I couldn't see the difference.
Breakfast was good - again no fresh fruit juice which is disappointing.
There are lots of Russians and Scandinavians using the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon