Centara Karon Resort Phuket
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
4,214 results
All reviewslagoon poollotus restaurantcarpe diem teamcabana roombaht bonanzamix bartropicale roomsred onionpool partybeer gardenirish pubkids clubwater slidestwo chefshappy hourentertainment teamfamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this resort in September 2012 as a family with 2 children aged 7 & 9. We had a lagoon room - ground floor, only about 10 meters to the pool. Their were always plenty of sun lounges available. The pool was fantastic for the kids with the water slides, tunnel, bridges etc. and we loved the swim up bar! Cocktail happy hour was great and the kids enjoyed the daily ice-cream happy hour too. Service at this hotel was great. Very fast and smooth check in and check out. During our day, my daughter became very ill from suspected food poisoning (not from the hotel) and we had yo get a doctor out. The hotel couldn't have been more accommodating. Even the next day a fruit basket and a get well card arrived to our room from the hotel staff. A very nice gesture! The location is fantastic. Many shops, markets and restaurants all within walking distance yet the hotel itself is set back a bit off the main road so that its peaceful once there.

We will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have kids - ask for a room in the lagoon area as this is near the kid friendly pool.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank hilltravellers
Management77, Public Relations Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear hilltravellers,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. Your thoughts and suggestions will help readers to make an informed decision on their next holiday destination. I particularly liked your comments on enjoying happy hour.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kob Khun Kah

Reviewed November 4, 2012

On holiday of a lifetime with my son. He stayed at this hotel for his 40th birthday 2 years ago and assured me of its quality.
Having read some of the reports I have to say I was a little apprehensive. We arrived at around 11:00am and we were told that our rooms were not ready { I thought here we go } We had a drink at one of the poolside bars and pretty soon we were told the rooms were ready. Jumped in the golf buggy and were driven to the lagoon pool area. Suprise suprise we had been upgraded free of charge.
What a great holiday, and a brilliant hotel. Staff were tremendous, whole complex fantastic, restaurants fantastic, food excellent.
3 lovely pools complete with bars and very attentive staff.
Every place we went it was all spotless. I have never been treated so well by any hotel staff anywhere in the world. Totally amazing. Thank you to you all.

Room Tip: The rooms at the lagoon pool are great.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ray W
Management77, Public Relations Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Ray W,

It was a pleasure to read your review and know that you had such a wonderful stay with us at Centara Karon Resort. I hope we can welcome you and your family back in the near future?

Safe Travels

Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff and nice basic rooms, we stayed in a pool cabana and liked the free cocktails and canapés each night! Food was not that great especially the breakfasts which were basic and the same every day. Karon itself was quiet and location if hotel was great.

• Stayed: October 2012
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Sawasdee Linzmick,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor.
Im delighted you found our staff friendly, you enjoyed the private pool cabanas and you liked Karon. Breakfast does vary daily but we do need to keep some items consistent as most guests have certain items expected for breakfast.
Hope to welcome you back in the future.
Regards
Darren

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have stayed here twice over 4 years and loved each visit. The staff are lovely and always willing to help. The breakfast which is included in the price is great and plenty on offer for everyone. We stayed in the tower and found the rooms to be really lovely lots of room for two adults. I also thought the pillows were amazing!
The hotel isn't far from the beach (max 5 mins walk) which didn't really bother me as I'm much more of a pool person, and there are lots of lovely restaurants around the hotel - there is a great cafe/restaurant outside the hotel just turn left and walk up to the top of the road and it is on the left corner. The massage shop just outside and to the left of the hotel (Happiness massage possibly not sure now though) is fantastic and amazingly cheap. The hotel is in a fantastic location and everytime we came back from an outing and saw everyone elses hotel we were extremely glad we stayed here!
There are 3 pools around the hotel which all have plenty of sunbeds - they do operate a rule for those sunbeds hoggers out there which is great for us who don't want to get up at the crack of dawn to try and reserve them. We mainly used the pool just outside the back of the tower which wasn't the biggest but wasn't full of children creating lots of noise so it was lovely and peaceful - I think the hotel tended to put the families in the rooms by the big pools.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynn3325

Sawasdee Lynn3325,

Safe Travels

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My family and I travel to Phuket every year and have stayed in excess of 13 times. This is by far the best family resort I have stayed in and we absolutely love it. This year I chose to stay elsewhere in an upmarket 5 star resort as my mother wanted to stay there. What a mistake that was. Although it was nice, it lacked the atmosphere and the friendliness of the Centara.

The kids club at the Centara is fantastic with daily activities and the staff are extremely professional. The pool is great with the cave tunnel and the waterslides which I enjoy also. The breakfast is great and always changing and the restaurant at night is great and economical, especially the buffets.

I love this hotel and it will be the only place we stay from now on.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank kimbo66
Management77, Public Relations Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Sawasdee kimbo66,