Centara Karon Resort Phuket
Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$253
$243
Great 4.5/5
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort(Karon)(Great Value!)
$211
  • Pool
$146
$131
  • Pool
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$54
Very Good 4/5
The Boathouse Phuket(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$257
$233
$458
Trip.com
Great 4.5/5
Beyond Resort Kata(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
$121
  • Breakfast included
Pacific Club Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$74
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Andaman Seaview Hotel(Karon)(Great Value!)
$69
TripAdvisor
4,209 results
All reviewslagoon poollotus restaurantcarpe diem teamcabana roombaht bonanzamix bartropicale roomsred onionpool partybeer gardenirish pubkids clubwater slidestwo chefshappy hourentertainment teamfamily holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2012

we spent 2 weeks here, the room, food, and pool were all very good, make sure you make the most of the happy hour.
The service is what makes this hotel, every member of staff will always smile and speak to you to make sure your having a great holiday.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank lovemyfoods

Sawasdee lovemyfoods,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Centara Karon. Your comment "The service is what makes this hotel, every member of staff will always smile and speak to you to make sure your having a great holiday" is a fantastic, thank you. I will share with the team.
Regards

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Just back from Phuket, spent two weeks at Centara Karon. Stayed in the tower on 4th floor overlooking both pool and front entrance, main building, it was superb. Housekeeping service was exceptional, restaurant service and food was great. This resort is so central one can walk safely around the streets to local cafes etc. I would stay there again and will recommend this spot to everyone. I am in my 60s and travelled with my son and his partner and partners mother.
Jillian.

Room Tip: If children are involved it is better to stay in the apartments on ground level near one of the 3 pools.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jillian P

Sawasdee Jillian P,
Thanks for taking the time to provide comment. Im delighted you and your family had a great stay.Your comments that "Housekeeping service was exceptional, restaurant service and food was great" will be shared directly with the team. Thank you!
Safe Travels

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Firstly, this is Thailand not the UK so don't expect everything to run smoothly. What you get with is hotel is an excellent location and facilities. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and the standard of the rooms/food/cleanliness are also very good.
I returned today having spent thirteen nights with my wife in a terrace room. My wife has mobility problems and struggles to walk more than 200 metres at a time without having a rest. My wife e mailed the hotel requesting a ground floor room or a room close to the pool. She received an e mail reply confirming that they would try to complete this request. However upon arrival we were given a fifth floor room which was not ideal though close to the lift. The reception staff could find no e mail request and were unable to change the room
The room,1503, was excellent and cleaned to a high standard every day and was well positioned close to the lift so therefore we did not seek to change our room after check in.
We chose to take the Baht Bonanza (deposited 10000 baht and received 15000 baht credit). This was a good decision as we used the Terrace pool and Mix bar as well as the various food outlets including room service. My wife also used the Spa facilities and found this to be of a high standard.
The three swimming pools were excellent as were the manicured gardens. Breakfast was plentiful and of an excellent variety
The hotel was full of couples and families mostly from Australia and the atmosphere around the hotel was very friendly.
This was my 13th trip to Thailand and this was without doubt the best value for money hotel I have stayed in. It is not the Laguna standard at Bang Tao Beach, but is much better value for money.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it for couples and families.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank dm2632

Sawasdee dm2632,
Thanks for taking the time to provide such an extensive review. I particularly liked your comment "This was my 13th trip to Thailand and this was without doubt the best value for money hotel I have stayed in." Our resort is trying to do exactly this. I am sorry the room you required on arrival was not anticipated however Im pleased everything worked out.
I hope we can welcome you back for trip 14!
Best Wishes

Reviewed June 20, 2012

We have just returned from a 3 week stay at the centara, love, love, love everything about it, and can't wait to head back next year! All staff are very friendly,

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Michelleisaac

Sawasdee Michelleisaac,
Thanks for your comments, cant wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was our first time to Phuket, however second time in Thailand (4 adults in party). I chose Phuket because of the opportunity to do the Phi Phi Islands which is an absolute must if you go to Phuket! The boat trip was absolutely fantastic and even though we were early in the Monsoon season we managed to do the trip on the speed boat which I would highly recommend. The day was perfect, and the weather matched! Be warned though, June to October is Monsoon, and there is a risk of heavy rain - we had 2 continuous days of rain and wind, which was a shame as we were only in our first week of the holiday however it did pick up and became very sunny! We chose the Centara Karon as it had been highly recommended when looking at Phuket, and we were not disappointed. Staff were extremely friendly, the room cleaned to a high standard, and the grounds of the hotel maintained to a very high standard. Breakfast is lovely, lots to choose from, cooked, cereal, fruits etc, and pleasant area to eat in! We had the Terrace Ocean View room in the main tower, which was great and the Terraces Pool was fairly quiet during the day. The location was fantastic, although the bars and restaurants were just around the corner, the location of the hotel still made it quiet in the evening. The beach is only 10 minute walk away, however we have just come back from a 2 week break, and you could not get in the sea for a proper swim, very rough current and a little windy on a cloudy day, so if you want calm sea waters, June is not the time to go! Food and drink you can make as cheap or as expensive as you want, there are a mixture of restaurants catering for all food tastes. Karon has a couple of "louder" bars and you can pick and choose how you wish to spend the evening, Kata Beach is only a short Tuk Tuk ride, approx 100 baht, again mixture of restaurants and bars. Patong beach is only 15 minutes away by TukTuk, approx 300-400 baht! This is much more like Pattaya (went there 11 years ago), more bars, shopping mall, a wider mixture restaurants, Mexican, Indian, Thai, Italian etc, and of course the Ping Pong Bars!!! It has a real buzz about it in the evening! The Thai people are some of the nicest in the world I think, and Phuket Island and what it has to offer is one of the nicest places I have visited and I would like to say I am well travelled. Centara Karon and Centara as a Hotel group I would highly recommend and we are thinking of using Centara on our next Far East adventure!

Room Tip: We had the Ocean View Terrace Room in the tower, and the pool at the back mainly catered for adults, couples etc as there are 3 pools on the complex. This may not have been the top spec room available, but I don't go on holiday to spend time in the room. Good sunset view of an evening and nice to sit on the balcony with a drink!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Samantha B
Management77, General Manager at Centara Karon Resort Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Sawsdee SamanthaB,
Thanks for writing such as comprehensive review!
Im pleased we welcome you back on your next Far East Adventure!
Safe Travels