My partner and I had previously stayed here in September 2010 ( our first time ) and had enjoyed the location and facilities so much that we returned in January this year. This visit we also planned for my parents to join us for the final week. Once again we were impressed with the level of service and friendliness of all staff we came in contact with. Nothing was ever too much trouble - starting with the housekeeping staff right through to the duty manager Jim. The breakfast buffet, whilst suffering a little from lack of variety, was always fresh and plentiful, with the table staff keen to offer any assistance. The omelettes are very tasty and made to order of course.
We stayed the first few nights in a superior room which is the basic room and upgraded to the honeymoon spa suite . You need to be aware when booking, that some superior rooms face the older apartment building next door - not a great view and very hot in the afternoons. Request either a superior room with mountain views or if you wish to pay more try the deluxe rooms which offer a limited executive style club facility. The deluxe rooms though are generally based in the more family oreintated area - hence more noise and people, We have generally found the hotel style superior room is ample for space and locaton . Of course if you have the money, definitely try the honeymoon spa rooms, providing a larger room facing the ocean and a large uncovered deck area with sun lounge chairs and a spa. Warning - the spa water will be a touch brown from the local water, so add some bubble bath mix and all is good !!
The location of this resort is very handy to the centre of Karon and the local beach - much quieter than Patong. I have only eaten the breakfast in the resort, and a few poolside snacks, as the local restaurants are great value with good quality food. I recommend you try the Red Onion at Karon - small Thai cafe/restaurant - you will wait for a table on busy nights, but the value and taste of the food is worth it .
The resort appears to be split in to family friendly areas, and singles / couples areas. The hotel style room area has its own pool, aimed more towards singles/couples and is quieter as a result. The deluxe room area has its own separate restaurant and two pools for families and kids - the concept works well, providing you with ample choice of which environment suits you best. Food in the second restaurant is simple, yet tasty and of good restaurant quality. All pool areas offer happy hours for food and drinks - with swim up pool bars for the hot afternoons.
We tried the spa and health centre and enjoyed a couples romance pack - whilst it was a lot more expensive than the local massage centre, the benefits of a private sauna and jacuzzi, followed by a private aromatic massage together, made it well worth the money and a great romantic experience together.
The resort staff were most respectful and welcoming to my parents ( in their mid 70's) and took great lengths to ensure their stay was enjoyable.
If you are looking for a clean and affordable 4 star resort for families or couples, give Centara Karon a lot of thought - we hope to return again in April 2012 and cant wait to see the friendly staff again . They even remembered us from our last visit - nice service touch !! Enjoy your travels ................................................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon