Cannot fault this resort at all. The room was devine, air conditioning used at all times, wonderful sea views (you must ask for this if you want them), great restaurants, 3 lovely pools, bars at the pools, fantastic service, staff very helpful, very friendly. Huge complex but you wouldn't know it because there is so much room. I was ill one night and was still able to order dinner in my room while my husband and friends were downstairs in one of the restaurants. The beds are enormous and comfortable, very clean.
This resort is right in the centre of Karon but it is quiet. Shopping is 2 minutes away, restaurants, etc everywhere and food is safe everywhere, just drink bottled water and the ice is ok everywhere. Shopping to die for with 3 local markets and more in Patong and also in Phuket. The Phuket market opens at 4pm.
Local massage parlours fantastic and extremely good value.
Trips to try: Siam Safari to see elephants (we did half day and it was enough, great for kids), Phi Phi Island whole day on boat with snorkelling, etc and they provide sea sick tablets if you need and all snorkelling gear, Fantasea night show highly recommended also. There is loads to do and be prepared to bargain for anything you buy. For example bought 2 pair Billabong shorts and 2 billabong singlets for 700 baht which is less than $60NZ. Unbelievable value.
One of the best things we did which is available at this resort is to give 10,000 baht to the resort and they give free an extra 5000 baht for you to spend on their dinners, their spa treatments and their drinks available at their bars. Any of it not used is not returned but we more than used it all. There are differing amounts you can use. I was hestitant at first but it was a really good deal and we drank and ate an awful while sitting at the pool.
Learn some of the local lingo - they love it and have more respect for you if you attempt it.
Sahwahdeeka - hello (from a woman)
Sahwahdeekup - hello (from a man)
Kahpoonka - thankyou (from a woman)
Kahpoonkup - thankyou (from a man)
My ka - no (from a woman)
May kup - no (from a man)
Chai ka - yes (from a woman)
Chai kup - yes (from a man)
Sahbardika - how are you (from a woman)
Sahbardikup - how are you (from a man)
Obviously my spelling is incorrect but I've tried to spell it phonetically.'
One of the best words I learned was "My ka" (no thanks) because the hawkers stopped bothering us straight away. They realised we'd been there long enough or longer to know what was happening and it was no use to them to keep haggling with us.
If a man uses ka instead of kup the locals will think you are a feminine man (lady boy). There are many Thai men who dress as woman and also have breast implants.
This is a wonderful country and you will have a brilliant time. All I can say is have fun, it's impossible not to, we loved it and will return soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of Karon Town, with an abundance of eateries and entertainment options at its doorstep and Karon Beach a short stroll away, the resort is perfectly located to experience the many facets of Phuket. As a destination in its own right, Centara Karon Resort Phuket fulfils every holiday aspiration, from pure bliss at Spa Cenvaree to active holidays and family fun with activities galore, yoga sessions, three swimming pools, waterslides and a kids’ club. This four-star resort, laid out within beautiful gardens backed by green hills, is comprised of four very distinctive residential zones. Couples and small families will find the rooms and Honeymoon Suites at the Terraces a comfortable retreat, and enjoy the option of ocean view or a private outdoor Jacuzzi; while families and groups of friends are spoilt for choice with spacious guestrooms set moments away from the waterslide and games of the Lagoon pool. The generously-sized one- and two-bedroom Cabanas feature a private terrace with a plunge Jacuzzi. As a fun place for families, the resort has a kids’ club with daily activities and three expansive swimming pool areas complete with three children’s pools for the younger ones to splash in, two waterslides and pool games. Pool parties are held regularly, and other activities include tennis and football. The resort also has two restaurants, a sports bar, and three swim-up pool bars A scheduled shuttle service takes guests from the resort to Patong, and Phuket International Airport is reached in less than one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Karon Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Karon Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Karon Hotel Phuket
- Centara Hotel Karon