“Absolutely Fantastic Hotel, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CC's Hideaway

CC's Hideaway
Ranked #5 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fantastic Hotel, highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

First time in Thailand and would highly recommend this hotel. The staff are really lovely, special mention must go to Baz and to Pong for making the best strawberry pancakes ever!

Hotel has a fantastic location at the top of a hill, lovely quiet pool, nice bar area and it is within a short car ride to the busy areas.

Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay somewhere out of the way but within easy reach of the towns.

Rooms are spotless, cleaned daily with fresh towels and toiletries supplied.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mooloolaba
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

In at Airport & picked up straight away - all booked with hotel. Welcomed nicely & shown to Poolside room as seaviews not available for our first night - no worries - all rooms nice spacious clean & more than adequate with good quiet aircon.
Pool great, staff fantastic - all with smiles all the time & location just right for us - close enough to beach to get to quickly & far enough away from busy Karon & Kata noise which we were trying to avoid.
Food good too & Breakfast more than adequate & good variety fro continental
Overall a 9.8 out of 10 for us.
Thanks to Don & Ken & Jeap for info given - plus rest of staff

Brisbane
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2011

We stayed here for a few nights (in a poolside room) after travelling in a number of locations around Thailand and Laos. Accommodations were clean and comfortble, breakfast and meals were good, and the pool was magnificent. It seemed to be perfect temperature at all times! The shuttle service was convenient, but a bit hit and miss - make sure you let them know you want to be picked up or you'll be waiting a long time for the next 2 hours (unless you make a phone call). All in all, a good place to stay - especially if you don't want to be in the 'thick' of it.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

I am not sure where to start. Firstly, our flight was arriving late and I called the owner to tell him it would likely be after 0100 or 0200am before we arrived to the hotel. He was very short with me on the phone and could have cared less I was calling- I simply wanted to make sure my room was not given away and that someone would be available at such an hour to check us in.

After a horrific incident in arriving to the hotel, where the bus refused to take us up the hill because it was steep, we had to walk up a long, nearly 1km hill that is so steep, I have never seen anything like it paved. The bus company was attempting to force passengers to sit on sections of the van which were NOT seats. They were so rude and inconsiderate. Absolutely disgusting behaviour- so take a taxi and forget all the nonsense.

The hotel... so finally arrived around 0230am and led to our room. What a dreadful, dated, simple, no charismatic room. The shades are the same ones I had while living in Nigeria and allow for no privacy and complete sunshine to come in the enormous sliding glass doors- you will not sleep in and most of the shades were not connected together properly so large gaps existed. There were no towels in our bathroom.... why would there be no towels? and there was a used bottle of shower gel in the shower... why would I want to use an already open bottle of shower gel (when you already supplied a new one). These first 2 points illustrate the lack of attention to detail and room preparation. For a "boutique" hotel, the rooms were disappointing (unless you have a large suite next to the swimming pool- those looked nice).

So we go to breakfast (we paid extra online for breakfast) and learned we had only paid for a continental breakfast. a crummy continental breakfast at that. 2 types of cereal, 2 types of fruit, and 2 types of bread (dry and hard as a rock). Noth what I was expecting.... and worst than a free breakfast at a Comfort Inn in the US. The following morning I inquired about a hot breakfast (as that was CHEAPER than the continental breakfast) and I had to get all sorts of "permission" and "approvals" which finally came from the owner... seriously it was cheaper so you already make a larger profit margin!!

Service... well, we attempted to order a nice cappuccino. Good luck!! The Saeco coffee machine was not working... so we were given instant coffee which tasted like water! I even asked for a double espresso and given the same thing. Then, we asked for some milk and given freezing cold milk! Meanwhile, there is free instant coffee in our room and they attempted to charge us for this horrible coffee. If you can't offer what I ordered, just tell me but don't try to satisfy me with something different without first asking. Another obstacle to all of this was the bartender spoke very little English and had no clue what we wanted... so this made things even more difficult!

On a separate occassion I wanted a glass of ice but the bartender was not available. There was a manager of sorts, Jaep, who was sitting nearby handling some paperwork. I asked him if he could help me with a glass of ice and he told me to wait for the bartender. Wait for the bartender? I already waited 10 minutes, then I was rudely told to wait. I told him I had waited and he said he was too busy with his papers to help me and I would have to wait. Do customers actually matter in this establishment or do they just take up space and become an inconvenience? I can't figure it out! I eventually had to get the ice myself by walking behind the bar and chipping ice off a frozen bag of ice cubes. Self service I guess... if this was a hostel, I would have accepted it, but not for a hotel that had such great reviews!

We inquired about taking a tour to Phi Phil Islands and other things to do or beaches to explore while in Phuket. I was told the bartender would assist in booking and guiding us to a good choice. What a lie. The bartender spoke so little English he had no clue what we were asking him. We asked different questions about different tour options to go to Phi Phi Islands and received the same response each time... indicating he had no clue which company had a good track record, and when I asked him to inquire on availability he simply stared at me with a blank face. Really? You are the person to assist with booking a tour and I only received pre-programmed responses and blank stares? Again, back to doing it myself... even hostels provide more assistance than this!

We asked about renting a motorbike for a day and were told they were all booked. Fine... so that evening we asked about renting the next day. We were told we would have to wait until tomorrow morning to see if they were all rented out again? Don't you know who has rented what and for how long? Eventually I rented from a place next door, and they were super friendly and pleasant about the rental.

This hotel is not close to anything in reality. If you opt to walk, it's a heck of a hill... I don't know what else to call it. It is paved but very very steep and the walk to the "beach" would take about 30+ minutes.

All in all, it was clean but a horrible experience. I would not go back for simple facts of poor room preparation, poor customer service, lack of assistance, convenience, and out of date room decor. The Karon area is likely better than Patong if you do NOT want to party all night, etc... so if you insist on Phuket, try this area for something more subdued than Patong- and take a taxi or hotel transfer to/from the airport :)

2 Thank aragno
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

wow ,, what a experience over there ,,great location and great service there ,All the staff were very nice and sweet ,,,any question i had was answer.. this place is very peacefull and relax ... i really really enjoy it over there i stay there for 3 weeks and the only problem i had ..was a group from Singapore who was complaining about the quality of the room but if you want a room at 400 $ a night you go to the hilton not CC bloom s. People sometime wants evrything for nothing ,,,that was the only problem i saw cuz they were very loud and rude whit the staff ,,, but i will finish by saying thank you to all the employes over there who made my trip to thailand a very beautifull experience that i will never forget ,,,,, i give a 9/10 for the wonderfull CC BLOOM `s
Jean Martel from montreal canada

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

I have mixed thoughts about this hotel. CC Bloom is definitely not my choice but being a last-minute booking during high season, most hotels were fully booked. We settled with this hotel based on reviews on Tripadvisor.

We paid 22,700 Baht for 5 nights including breakfast and was given 10% discount for food and beverages. We were told that for booking of scooter 3 days or more, we will be given another 10%. We do not know what to expect so we booked a scooter for 3 days. We also booked a second scooter for two days and not given discount. As the location is not within reach from everything and we love exploring the island, we booked for another day but were not given discount.

It's not about the money here but we felt that after paying so much, they should be more giving and not always following the book. We never even complained when they did not refill the coffee sachet in the room, or shower and lotion cream! And we did not even asked them to replace the towels during our five nights there. We even spending more money by eating and drinking at their restaurant although the price is not cheap!

Because they were so strict with us, I've made sure I checked every single bills on the last day. Truly enough, they did not given us the 10% discounts on the 6 out of 8 bills for our food and beverages and claimed that we did not inform them. I think the guy Jeap if I am not mistaken, should try to smile more. He has very strong tone and is not friendly enough unlike others.

In my opinion, this hotel is suited for gays or couples who wants to finish their remaining holidays without going anywhere and just enjoy relaxing by the pool. I agreed that the pool although small, is very warm and inviting. It's a very cozy and charming hotel, but for the price we paid, we expected more.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

We really enjoyed staying here. The staff are lovely if a little disorganised sometimes. But nothing is too much trouble. The main area is attractively designed- we loved coming back to the pool after a day at the beach- all very relaxing and intimate in atmosphere, so you can chat to other guests. Our only criticism, we booked in to a garden view room downstairs- it was not a great room, noisy airconditioner, were woken by the sound of people arriving back on motorcycles etc. It is more of a "roadview"than a gardenview. But, we upgraded very cheaply to one of the rooms above the pool, which was just lovely. We hired a motorbike from the hotel and found this gave us a lot more freedom to come and go as we pleased. They do have a shuttle service however , as the hotel is located on the top of a hill.We liked this as it is away from the craziness at the beach.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Navatara Phuket Resort
Kantary Bay, Phuket
Kantary Bay, Phuket
#1 of 13 in Cape Panwa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,226 reviews

Been to CC's Hideaway? Share your experiences!