“Phukets hidden gem - Amazing value!”
Review of CC's Hideaway

CC's Hideaway
Ranked #6 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have been lucky enough to stay at most of Phukets top rated hotels over the years and can safely say that CC Blooms delightful hotel manages to top them all....by some distance!!
Quite simply they offer unparalleled service in a very beautiful environment (think small, friendly, drop dead gorgeous boutique) at truely unbeatable value. Ken, the most charming manager, responded quickly and helpfully to my initial enquiry. He arranged for me to be welcomed by their driver and then driven the half hour to their stunning retreat. Having just flown from London via Bangkok the welcome I received, a complimentary fruit cocktail and ice cold flanel, felt fabulous.
The rooms are large and well furnished "Thai style" and the air con, should you need it, quiet and efficient. The beds are very big and very comfortable. The well stocked kitchen and bathroom make it feel more like an private, luxury suite than a hotel room.
With the rainforest backdrop the restaurant looks out across the sleepy Kata beach with the sea in the distance. Breakfast was sufficient with lots of healthy options a bonus as I always seem to put on a pound or two on holiday! The atmosphere there really is very relaxing and quite magical, especially at night when the pool area is lit up with ornate oriental lanterns and you hear the soothing sound of the water features. Internet is free and they also have strong WiFi coverage. They appear to have some great cooks there too. My squid starter was perfectly cooked and the pad thai mouthwatering. :) All at very reasonable prices.
If you are thinking of visiting the most beautiful part of Phuket and, like me, you value high standards and really friendly service then look no further. Book CC Blooms tropical retreat. You won`t regret it!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed September 18, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks. It is a really nice hotel on top of the hill.

Really friendly staff, nice room and a nice swimmingpool.

1  Thank marypigen
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I have had the pleasure of experiencing some of the finest hotels in the world. I can easily say that my experience at CC Bloom's was one of the most delightful stays ever.

The hotel is very intimate and perched on the hillside overlooking the Andaman Sea; away from the hustle of the beachside megaresorts. The bar and restaurant are an "al fresco" design that also serve as the lobby and reception which opens up directly to a beautiful pool . The entire space is set in a grotto of natural rock walls, fountains, palms, orchids and other exotics that define the charm of this hotel; absolutely stunning.

My room was an ocean view which has the mid-priced rate but is easily my favorite because of the view. The rooms are all air-conditioned, nicely appointed and, in my version, a very sizable kitchenette. The floors are tiled, beds are comfortable and the bathroom well designed and functional.

Of course any hotel, no matter how many stars it may have, can be undone if there is not a commited staff to "deliver the goods". It is in this department that CC Bloom's Hotel really shines. The staff is truly dedicated to making your experience an enjoyable one. Because of the small number of rooms, 20 or so, you experience a far more personal touch that does not often occur in the hospitality industry. Special requests, tour bookings, transportation and other arrangements are all quickly and happily accomodated.

This was not my first visit to CC Bloom's nor will it be my last. I would encourage anyone to come sample the charm and beauty of this little jewel.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

A true hidden gem on the mountainside of Karon.
I stayed at CC Bloom's for 25 nights in Aug/Sept 10 with my young (5yr old) daughter and I cannot recommend it highly enough.
The stunning scenery at the Beaches cafe and buisiness centre was truely breathtaking and I spent many evenings on the terrace of my room watching the storms rolling in across the sea. (another advantage of booking in rainy season)
The rooms all have a private terrace area outside and inside are large and attractively furnished with a well appointed kitchenette and a huge walk in shower. The standard of daily clean was extremely high. The restocking of complimentary items (coffee/creamer/shower gel) was not always regular, but a quick word with any of the staff and it was taken care of without delay.
The staff are friendly and extremely helpful and willing to assist in any way they can. the vast majority are Thai and the standard of English spoken is extremely high but be patient and have a phrase book or dictionary to hand in case of any misunderstanding. Or learn to speak some Thai before you go.
The pool is a great size and very clean and we were in it at least once a day. In fact My daughter learned to swim over the course of our stay.
The food at the hotel is magnificent and I can honestly say that I was never dissapointed with the quality or price. there is a varied menu of both Thai and western dishes.

The mountaiside location makes for a stunning view but the walk down (and of course back up), is not for the feint hearted. My daughter and I tackled it several times and it is a little on the steep side. Rather marvellously the hotel run a courtesy shuttle service to the local beaches and villages every 2 hours. There were a few issues with the pick up times but I know this is something that the Manager is working hard to resolve, but I can recommend that you take your mobile with you and ensure that the hotel have your number in case of any delays.

The hotel is small and extremely welcoming and therefore engenders a spirit of genuine friendliness amongst staff and guests alike. I was extremely fortunate to meet some lovely people over breakfast and we have formed friendships that will last a very long time I hope.

The General Manager is a star. I cannot think of a better person that could be in that position. He ensures that he greets every guest on their arrival or as soon as he is able. He made sure that I knew he was available by phone day or night if there should be a problem. And he really meant it. He really seemed to care about my stay and was genuinly upset if guests had a problem and did his upmost to help ensure that everyone got what they wanted from their stay, and I cannot thank him enough. He is a credit to the hotel and a major asset.

The only downside to the hotel (although it did not affect me) is the large number of stairs and levels which I would assume would be difficult for the physically impaired.

One of the main selling points (and in truth the main reason I booked this hotel above another I was considering), was the free internet access, and hotel wide WIFI. Absolutely invaluable when you consider the charges that some hotels apply for this service. There is also a DVD and book library available for the guests.

I came to Thailand to relax and discover a little of the country and the people, and at CC Bloom's I was able to do so. It is close enough to the beaches and towns for them to be accesible, but far enough away to get some of the best nights sleep I have ever had.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my friends and family, and if I am fortunate to return to this beautiful country I would not hesitate to book here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I decided to spend my last two days in Phuket at CC Bloom's in Kata Bay - a 10-minute scooter ride from Patong Beach where I had stayed for five days. I cannot think of a better way I would rather have spent my last few days in paradise.
Situated high (very high!!) on the hill overlooking Kata Bay and Karon Beach, CC Bloom's has a magnificent view looking out. I arrived at night and knew that in the morning I would be amazed by what I would be able to see.
The focal point is the pool area and breakfast / bar area and this is also where you'll be able to meet other "bloomers". I was fortunate enough to stay in a sea-facing but would have been equally happy in a pool-side room.
I highly recommend CC Bloom's - its beautiful there, the staff are friendly, the rooms are spacious, the views are amazing, the facilities are just what you need (tour advice, scooter rental, taxi and restaurant bookings, free internet, cold breakfast, massage facilities and the necessary basics).
I'm really lad I spent my last two Phuket nights there - thanks CC Bloom's.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Spacious clean rooms.
Great location, if you are not up for walking steep hill to get to and from hotel, they provide an excellent regular shuttle service to Kata & Karon.
Great value, restaurant has good food to suit most tastes.

Reviewed September 5, 2010

Hatte tolle 13 Tage im Hotel
Top Tip Nachtleben Laguna Bar Disco und Icon Club nähe Rawei

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
The Yama Hotel Phuket
#3 of 337 in Patong
Chanalai Garden Resort
Chanalai Garden Resort
#9 of 56 in Kata Beach

Been to CC's Hideaway? Share your experiences!