I've picked CC's Hideaway on a short notice, although it was on my short list of hotels previously. The stay turned out to be a bit of a mixed bag. There are some things about CC's that I really liked, and others that were not so good. I rarely bother with "average" reviews - most things are "average", and it is usually worth mentioning only those above or below expectations. CC's is different - I feel that they could, for the most part deal with the negatives and then all that remains would be the strengths.
- Location. Unlike many cookie-cutter "modern" hotels situated on busy streets, CC's is tucked away up the hill, in a quiet area. Sitting on their open terrace almost felt like being in Caribbean islands almost.
- It's not too far from the beach or central areas (but it does require some walking, especially on the way back, uphill.
- Breakfast. Pretty good variety of food, in a pleasant open area, and available quite late (great if you are on vacation - and you are, if you are here)
- Rooms. Fairly large, decorated in somewhat "faux-Thai" style, but none of the cheap pseudo-Ikea furniture so often found in hotels around Phuket.
- Excellent firm bed, great back support - if you care for that sort of thing.
- Well laid out bathroom, clean and modern. Shower area properly enclosed (not a given in many Phuket hotels)
- Large pool in the middle of it all - if you are into that (and even if not, it's good to look at)
Perhaps due to last minute reservation we got a room on the ground floor, facing the road in front of the hotel. That in itself is not a big issue. Although the room is right under the main breakfast/deck area, there was surprisingly little noise coming from there, especially since most activity ceased fairly early. The road was quiet all night and most of the day too, and the area felt reasonably safe. However, a few negatives came with the room type:
- Rooms have "connecting doors" that allow two rooms to be booked together. The door in our room was pretty old and in a poor shape. It had multiple cracks in woodwork (through which you could see the light from connecting room). More importantly, you could hear every sound too. When our neighbors decided to turn on the TV at 3AM, they probably tried to be mindful by keeping it fairly quiet. Did not matter, as it was heard as clearly as if it was in my room. Easy to fix - get a proper door with decent soundproofing.
- While "hotels.com" lists "hand held shower", the shower is actually of "fixed overhead" variety. That's a first time I see one in Thailand. It would not be hard to replace, but at a very least - please fix hotel room description on reservation sites.
- Hot water. Water is heated somewhere outside the room and seems to be available on some sort of schedule. A late night hot shower was out of question - only cold water was available (a few nights in a row).
- This one is specific to the room we had. It was next to the main walkway, and right behind the wall there is an artificial "waterfall". Hotel management was thoughtful enough to put it on a timer, which turns off running water from 10pm to 6am. Unfortunately, 6am is a bit early to get an earful of streaming water (but great if you plan to begin your day bright and early by a quick dash to the loo). If you want to sleep late - avoid room 4. (Or perhaps management could just start the water trickle a few hours later?)
- On the last day of our stay workers replaced outdoor lighting on the terrace in front of the room. Where original lighting was controlled from the room, new one is a bright spotlight that seems to turn on and stay on all night. Imho this is a mistake. Not only does it negate any possibility of a pleasant evening on a terrace, watching the ocean, but the light is so bright that it is visible even through the light blocking curtains. I am guessing that this is intended as a security measure - but personally I would not stay in one of these lower level rooms unless light control is restored.
Also, note for travelers with children. Hotel rooms feature paintings some of which are quite "risque" to put it mildly. I assume at reception guests with children will be placed in rooms with "age appropriate" decorations, but just in case - keep this in mind, or prepare for discussion of birds and bees and such :)
All in all, CC's turned out to be a pleasant place to stay. I hope they take note and attend to the few issues.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A four-star full service hotel close to Phuket's finest beaches. Located in Kata, Phuket. Overlooking Kata Yai Beach, situated in the lush hills of Kata near Kata Noi Beach and Karon Beach. Completely hip and cool, CC's Hideaway is an oasis for guests seeking a respite from the crowds, noise and chaos from the more urban locations. Our modern tropical design setting combined with CC's amenities, friendly customer service, and beautifully designed facilities complement its natural surroundings and distinguish itself from other traditional accommodations. Guestrooms, open to balconies with ocean, garden or pool views and feature original artwork and flat-panel televisions with premium satellite channels. All rooms have private bathroom with walk-in shower.Complimentary wireless internet access in all rooms and throughout the property.Only about 20 km from Phuket Town and about 40 km from the airport, getting to and from CC's Hideaway is a breeze.Restaurant, bar/lounge CC's has a full service bar and restaurant, Sanctuary Bar and Refuge Restaurant, all feature great ambiance and serve unique cocktails and refreshments all day long. Cool off and relax after a long day, lounge by our outdoor pool. Dine at Refuge restaurant, your choice of Thai or international cuisine. Escape massage & beauty salon, 24-hour business center, and offers a variety of transportation and tour services. Yoga retreats at the hotel as well! Complimentary shuttle service to all 3 of these area beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your CC's Hideaway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- c Blooms Hotel
- Hotel c Blooms
- CC's Hideaway Phuket/Karon