“More than what you pay for”
Review of Phulin Resort

Phulin Resort
Ranked #129 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Singapore, Singapore
“More than what you pay for”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Wow. This place is impressive. Maybe because they've just been recently renovated.

I travelled during Songkran 2014. There are two of us with an infant 20-month-old in tow.

Here's my take. The room is spacious enough and there is an awesome bathtub. (This feature is an added plus for after a long day out at the beach).

The swimming pool is not huge for laps but big enough to fit all hotel guests during Songkran (everyone dived in).

Most importantly it is clean. The pool, rooms, toilet and hotel on the overall.

Ok, let's talk about it's location. No, it is not beachfront however a 15mins walk, will get you to Karon beach. On the second and third day, the 15mins walk seemed shorter.

There are plenty of restaurants to the right and left of the hotel so food is not an issue but most days, we ate at the hotel as they were delicious enough.

The staff were friendly and helpful and I must say this. After staying at this hotel for 3 nights we went to stay at a highly acclaimed 5 star resort which shall remain un-named to treat ourselves but in comparison the staff at Phulin Resort were so much more welcoming. So when I say friendly and helpful, I really mean 'friendly and helpful'.

Oh and a little hint: You could walk through some hotel establishments as a short cut to the beach. We made plenty shortcuts walking through 'The Old Phuket' hotel.

Room Tip: For those with infants and toddlers, ask for ground floor. It has direct pool access. However the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ThePhulinResort, ผู้จัดการ at Phulin Resort, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
DearTravelynRose,

Greetings from The Phulin Resort!

We wish to thank you for sharing your experience in our resort.
We are very delighted to know that you had a great stay with us.

Please feel free to reach us if you ever decide to visit Karon area again
in the future.

We really look forward to serve you again
here in Phulin Resort.

Phulin Resort Karon Phuket

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have a feel very impress with this hotel. Our room was on the ground floor very clean and servied every day is very nice. I think this hotel is not expensive and I will be come used service with this hotel agian.

• Stayed January 2014
ThePhulinResort, ผู้จัดการ at Phulin Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Mikhail G,

Greetings from The Phulin Resort!

We wish to thank you for sharing your experience in our resort.
We are very delighted to know that you had a great stay with us.

Please feel free to reach us if you ever decide to visit Karon area again
in the future.

We really look forward to serve you again
here in Phulin Resort.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The rooms are nice, staff are friendly but they charge you for the internet which is a bit ridiculous when you are paying quite a lot for a room on Phuket!! Food and drink in the restaurant is very expensive compared to other places in the local area, not too sure If i would stay here again!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Darragh2014
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We were there in October with our friends who are the visitor from Chiengmai. since we reached the lobby we can touch the great welcome from the resort host especially room so clean and tidy. in the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant near by the pool food and service so outstanding big thanks to Khun Tawerat and team as you made our friends very impressed with our trip and we will be your visitor on the next time.

Chula

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank chula_saikaew
kent
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Only a brief stay but a great location 5 mins from the beach /night life and easy access to everywhere really.
My room was pleasant with a lovely view of the pool below..The food was of a good standard and the staff very polite and attentive.
Would i stay there again yes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank nudgerman
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It's a nice hotel with a very good environment and atmosphere. Feel very comfortable here, the staffs are very friendly. Good quality breakfast. Feel more relax here. And will be back again in the near future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KL
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from Phuket and I feel that I should quickly share my experience staying at The Phulin for the benefit of many travelers. We booked this hotel after reading much plus reviews about it and wanting to experience Karon beach and quieter surrounding.
Let me start with the plus points:
1. Newly refurbished spacious rooms

2. We booked 2 rooms and I realised that the standard rooms have no kettle which would be an issue for me since I brought along my 1yr old son, after continuous request, the Resort upgraded both rooms to Deluxe rooms w/o add charge and equiped with tea/cofee facilities, kettle, microwave and rather big fridge.

3. Quite a good location-near mini mart & tuk2 / taxi stand

The Irritating parts:
1. Constant communication breakdown - big fuss over patty thing
we booked 2 rooms, the front desk and room service staff made a fuss over bedroom slippers! Yes, this Resort recycles their bedroom slippers. Before checking out, I called and inform front desk staff that the slippers from my 2nd room were all in the 1st room, somehow the room service sent their staff 2x to check as if we stole the slippers.

2. Missleading informantion and unpleasant Resort Manager
I requested for late check out in advance through booking.com customer service and via email. Unfortunately the Resort never responded on this matter. To make sure there was no prob later on, I personally called the Resort before flying to Phuket. The front desk said they could make an arrangement for me & family ie until 3pm tentatively. Feeling comfortable with the respond I went ahead to agree to talk to them soon after I reached the Resort. At the Resort the front office staff, said they could give me up to 14:00pm due to peak season, I was fine with it not until I met Ms. Pannee (not sure of the spelling though) the Manager. I tried to ask again from her if I could check out latest by 15:00 pm since my cab will arrive by then and due to my flight back home is at 21:00pm. She irritatingly said No to my request and insisted I checked out by 13:00pm.which was kind of weird when her staff had agree to allow me to check out by 14:00pm. More over she claimed that she did not know about the arrangement. What ticked me off was that she was giving me the arrogant look and defensive tone. Which as a so called front desk Mgr, she should have managed my expectation in a nicer manner. Instead of saying No, she shld have said she wld clarify with her staff & get back to me. Seriously, this Resort should send its staff to more customer service courses!.

3. Inconsistent hot & cold water - we usually end up taking cold shower!

4. Rooms were not meticulously cleaned & madeup! Linen was not changed, the stain from my baby's milk was still there on the linen, even after the room was made up. Left over soup in the sink was left for the guest to throw it away. On 2nd day, face towels were not replaced with new ones.

5. This Resort has No Elevator, we're lucky we insisted for the potter to help carry the luggage and stoller during check-in and out. They only give guests 1 room key, imagine u need to knock the door (no door bell) to get into the room.

6. The free shuttle to Karon Beach only goes one way. So coming back u need to walk for 15-20mins depending on how fast u walk or pay 200 Bhat for a tuk-tuk or cab.

7. Other things about staying in Karon, only 1 halal restaurant available so it'll be difficult for Muslim to find halal food in Karon. Transport frm Karon - Patong cost a bomb 400Bhat one way, imagine if u need to go to Patong u need to spend 800Bhat per trip, which that money can be used to enjoy on your shopping, explore Phuket or have better selection of food. The Karon beach is of course nicer, but at the time when we were there, the wave was bit high so, we prefer Patong Beach which was calmer and much more convenient to get things, food, toilet etc..

All in all, if we were to go back to Phuket, we'd stay in Patong area for easy access to many things w/o having to spend extra on transportation. But one thing for sure, We'll Never Ever again go back to The Phulin Resort an over rated Resort which doesn't deserve even a star. The Manager, should take up more courses on customer service.

Stayed November 2013
2 Thank NafNaf75
ThePhulinResort, ผู้จัดการทั่วไป at Phulin Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear NafNaf75 ,

Greetings from The Phulin Resort!

Thank you for sharing your experience in our resort.
Also, we express our sincere apologies for the issues that you
have raised during your visit.
We have communicated it with all our Department Managers
for improvement.

Phulin Resort Karon Phuket

Travelers are raving about these Karon hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Rattana Beach Hotel
#290 of 327 in Patong
Patong Holiday
Patong Holiday
#292 of 327 in Patong

Been to Phulin Resort? Share your experiences!