Access Resort & Villas
$115
$92
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
$154
$204
$155
$92
$82
Beyond Resort Karon(Karon)(Great Value!)
$167
$111
  • Pool
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$108
$98
  • Breakfast included
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$39
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$255
$109
$138
$123
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue wingroom servicekaron beachtiles missingpool barchinese touristsminute walk to beachamazing poolmain poolthe rooms were nicehard bedsstaff were always friendlytaxi serviceegg stationred onionlow seasontea and coffee
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Thailand is famous for fantastic service - apparently that news hasn't reached this place yet.
The place could be a great attraction (each room has access to the pool from it's private deck!) if it weren't for the low standards in service!
After what I'd hoped would be a great stay for us, upon checkout we were told we HAD TO PAY for what appeared to be a missing towel!!
After refusing to pay (naturally) I was more offended that I was being accused of taking a towel, let alone asked to pay for it.
The receptionist even asked if SHE COULD CHECK MY BAG to see if it was in there!
A sad end to what could have been a wonderful trip - all for a missing $6 towel (I was informed later).

Room Tip: Request a room with direct pool access
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cristian A
Ratchapol B, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Cristian A,

Thank you for staying with us during your holiday and great to know your highly satisfaction of our resort - from the peaceful location with breathtaking real pool access to our service and facilities.
However, after I read your comment, I've doubt that you had ever stayed with our hotel since last December 2012 and it passed more than 11 months that you've to review us in this Tripadvisor. It's so strange.
By the way, I have rechecked with our housekeeping department that on your departure date our housekeeping checked your room after you reached out and can not found the pool towel. Our record shown that 1 day before departure, you had borrowed 1 more pool towel (Actually we set up 2 pool towel2/room) so totally 3 pool towels in your room. But on departure date, the housekeeping found only 2 pool towels. So It must your responsibility for our property lost that belong to your request. That mean the hotel has right to charge 1 pool towel that you lost and we charged 500 THB/pool towel (about 16 USD not 6 USD as you siad in the review).
So we think about of this reveiw is not base on the true story and hope all reader should be understand that if our amenity in the room had lost by our guest who stayed with us, this is their responsibility to pay for the lost item before they check out.
We hope the above are clear and thank you for your review and stay with us.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We booked to stay in Access resort Karon beach for 5 days. After 2 weeks travelling around Thailand and 2 nights down the road in Patong beach this was our holiday stop and we needed a good chill out!
We arrived early to check in after our flight from koh samui was an early one, so we waited patiently for our room to be ready.... 2pm on the dot. Upon arrival we where greeted by what looked like a building site under the Access sign not a good look on first impressions!
We had booked this hotel direct and months in advance from home and spent a fair amount of money on our holiday time, I'd say the Hilton and the Movenpick hotels in karon where the only real expensive ones and they didn't cost a lot more, I wish I'd just spent the extra money now.
The room in the blue wing we had paid for (supposedly the better rooms) was clean and comfortable but I'd stayed in a lot better for a lot less during the rest of my time in Thailand. Our room was overlooking another row of rooms that all seemed empty and got the sun all day, our room was in the shade and a bit gloomy couldn't sunbathe on our terrace with pool access which we had paid for really. All the rooms have pool access which is nothing special just a long canal of pool going past all the rooms, which isn't private or clean! Gravel and dusty dirt lies at the bottom and the surrounding white walls are green where the water has been sitting I only swam once! On a positive note we saw the main pool by the reception area being cleaned daily.
There's a very strange garden type feature in the shower cubicle, behind a murky, grubby patio door there is an unkept jungle type garden - felt like a snake of some kind was going to jump out at me every time I took a shower!!
About three days into our stay the phone in our room started ringing at 6:45AM! I answered and it seemed like a wake up call no-one there, after hanging up and falling back asleep the phone rang again! This time a mans voice, broken English shouting "get up! get up!" I asked why and I couldn't understand why he said so I hung up, 10 minutes later same thing this time shouting "now, now, now!" " get to reception now, now ,now" I shot up and went to reception with my boyfriend and asked the reception staff why I was getting these phone calls, they just smiled and pointed at a man in the lobby with a head set on, I asked again Why is he calling me? They took his clip board and pointed at a random name with our room number going on a trip - ok I get it mistakes are made but after two phone calls and me repeatedly saying no on the phone you'd probably get you had the wrong number!!! The reception staff couldn't even muster up an apology just starred at us so we went back to bed!
The ladies come to clean your room every morning about 8:30ish so don't expect a lie in unless you want a dirty room like we had to for a couple of days!
The breakfast is mainly stir fries and noodles/rice, after putting a bacon sandwich together with the last of the cold bacon I asked the waitress for some tomato ketchup but she didn't understand me, told me to hold on whilst I watched her tell another waitress then never came back, I presume they both didn't know what it was so left me! Both of these ladies weren't in a standard uniform but smart shirt and skirt so I presume they are some kind of management - good job girls!
Most of the staff are polite and smiley here but the more important ones i.e. management or reception just don't seem to get it right.
I don't want anyone reading this to think I'm a moaning old fuddy duddy, I'm in my twenties and have travelled all over Thailand staying in all kinds of accommodation, I genuinely wouldn't want anyone to waste their hard earned money here, it's just not worth it!

I must comment on how fabulous the spa staff our with lovely treatments - I visited twice.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tigerlillyewart
Ratchapol B, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

First of all, we do thank you for your time to review our resert as your comments but I've some point to present the fact from our resort as following;
1. On your arrival day, your arrived our resort in the morning and our hotel policy show that our check in time at 2 pm but my team tried the best to give your room at noon and you left your luggage at our store room and come back in the afternoon so that you said you waited your room as patiently are not correct as our records from our front team and housekeeping team.
2. We've a little bit maintenance at our ACCESS Resort & Villas sign in front of our entrance gate and this maintenance had not effected to our guest room in our resort and will be finish on November 15, 2013
3. Your reservation booked in Deluxe Pool Access Blue Wing and we'd not received your special request for your booking so we tried the best to assign good room with best view for your stay in our Blue Wing
4. All room in Green Wing & Blue Wing are direct to pool access and our guest can swimming direct from thier balcony so we provided all rooms to direct to sunshine, also in Phuket some day had sunshine or some day are raing so we can't control the natural but if you didn't like the room duirect to sunshine or sunbathe, you should contact at our front to change to another room in Blue wing but our record that you stayed with us nothing have your contact with front desk for this matter that you complained
5. We've time schedule to clean our swimming pool 2 times per day for every day by our engineering team but sometimes our engineering may be overlooked along the swimming pool so for this complaint we accespt and do apologize for any inconvenience caused to your stay
6. All Deluxe Pool Access Blue Wing, our bathroom had decorate as green looking and fresh garden behind the mirror when the guest took a shower so the green garden that you saw are our decoration in each room for Blue Wing
7. For your ringing phone in your room at 06.45 am in the early morning that we've found the record that you booked the tour from ourside (booked with outside tour company) to Phi Phi Island and you'd forfot your pick up time and our front team had clearly checked your name that your name and room number are corrected then we allow the driver from tour agent diect call to your room that isn't our fault or mistaken
8. After recjeck with our housekeeping team we do have record to clean your room every day and we didn't received any complaint during you stayed at our resort for room dirty so if your room is dirty why you shouldn't direct at our front desk for any complaint and you are choosing to complaint in Tripadvisor for pillory without any truth
9. We do respect all comments from the guest in Tripadvisor regardless of positive or negative if all comments are come from the true story.

We do the above clarification from our resort are clear and hope all reader will do understand for the fact of this review and compare which one should be correct.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Good room (pool villa) room was a little warn down but still very nice. Excellent staff, all very friendly. Loved the pools. Buffet breakfast was ok. Very much enjoyed our stay and would love to return again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ratchapol B, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you, and look forward to welcome you to our resort again in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

There were always plenty of hotels for us to choose, but we choose this place. Our room was always cleaned each day and we like extra bath towels and requested them at check in, they always gave us extra towels each day without forgetting our preference. Yes, this hotel is a little bit expensive but soooo,worth it. The pampering they provide is unmatched. Did not experience the pool unfortunately but looked good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kaldannasi
Ratchapol B, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The web site made this villa look amazing. It wasn't. Service in the resort was poor apart from the really helpful girls at reception. Waited 20 minutes to order a drink, despite asking twice, and we were the only ones at the bar! Breakfast was included but so disappointing. Same every day and nothing exciting or tasty. (Included in our room rate). Loungers by the pool were back breaking. And in our villa there was only a desk chair to sit on other than the bed. We only ever saw two people eating in the restaurant at night - we were there five nights. And to cap it all - we asked for ice for our room one night and were charged for it. First time ever we have had to pay for ice anywhere in the world.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sTU677
Ratchapol B, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

After reveiwed your comments on Tripadvisor, we do sincere applogise for any inconvenience caused during your stay at our resort but we do thank you very much for your comment to be prove our service in the future.