Access Resort & Villas
$106
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
$145
Hotels.com
$204
$155
Agoda.com
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$94
  • Breakfast included
$147
$134
LeMeridien.com
  • Breakfast included
Beyond Resort Karon(Karon)(Great Value!)
$167
$111
  • Pool
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$39
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$255
$109
Agoda.com
All reviewsblue wingroom servicekaron beachtiles missingpool barchinese touristsminute walk to beachamazing poolmain poolthe rooms were nicehard bedsstaff were always friendlytaxi serviceegg stationred onionlow seasontea and coffee
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Accommodation were two delux rooms twin share. I have never stayed in a 4* double room where the beds were single! I have travelled many times and this would be a 2* maximum. foI have also had my own double bed in a twin share and photos of resort were misleading. Suppose to be 150 metres to beach and walking distane to markets shops etc. 150 meters if you cut through another resort and on the 3rd attempt was told by the guards would get into a lot of trouble if did it again - beach about 2 kms away otherwise! Shots was a corner stoore, a massage place and a tailor ohterwaise again about 2 - 3 kms away and $15 - $25 tutt tutt or cab whoever wanted to charge the most! I have a back history I mad known and said I could not be far from the services I was looking forward to for my holiday - I couldn't have been further because behind Access Resort and Villas is a huge Mountain full os shrub so obviously we were at the end of their building lin!
Looked beutiful fromoutside with own private pool area which was part of the general pool. The tree dining areas were not self contained and open to mosquitos the entire time. I would suggest a dining area which was enclosed and airconditioned to give guests a pleasant dining experience. Staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. The resort is no where near the amenaties it said it was around (including the beach) so it cost you a minumum of 15 - 25 Aust dollars just to get anywhere. And the drivers knew they had the bargaining power because if you refused you were stuck. The resort put on a bus twice a day to take you to Karon Beach but the times were strickly adhered to you went when they said and came back when they said. When you are on holiday who has an Agenda of where and when to go???? I am totally disgusted. I will NEVER RETURN TO THAILAND AGAIN! I took my 3 adult children for a trip of a lifetime - my memories and experience are filled with anger and regret. The worst experience of my life!!!!
This was the one opportunity I had to take my 3 adult children away on a holiday of a lifetime - Thanks Access Resorts and Villas - You made my holiday of a lifetime an absolute nightmare. I hope you are proud. What an absolute rip off and disappointment. I hope you have great difficulty in the future selling your resort packages to poor unsuspecting customers - because you certainly don't come up to expectations according to your website or brochure and you have obviously falsely advertised with your suppliers. What rip offs!!!!!!!! I took a total of 28 phots normally I would take in excess of 200. TOTALLY TOTALLY DISGUSTED AND WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Denise L
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your holiday and great to know your highly satisfaction of our resort - from the peaceful location with breathtaking real pool access to our service and facilities.

Thank you, and look forward to welcome you to our resort again in the near future.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed here for 10 nights over Feb/Mar. For starters be aware that the location is not beach front (which we where when we booked this resort) and I do agree that beach access is not easy. It is a good 20 minute walk to karon beach which should not be attempted in the heat of the day unless you want a good sweaty detox! The hotel provides a bus service to Karon beach twice a day at 10am & 1pm (I don't think this is a return service). While the location is not beach front it's pretty much in the middle of karon and kata beach areas. For restaurants and night life we really enjoyed both areas. They are quiter and less crazy than the likes of patong while still having lots of things to do at night like shopping and bars. It's also a central location for the whole island making touring around a lot easier as it cuts down travel time.

The hotel taxi prices are displayed on a board at the front of the hotel. I'm sure if you pre-arrange a driver for your holiday it would be a lot cheaper. We found we probably spent more money on taxi's & tuk-tuk's than food and drink!

A tip for taxis: taxi & tuk-tuk drivers know this resort as "Access Pools" if you say you are staying at access resort you tend to get confused looks.

The guests in the resort are generally couples, which makes this a very quite and relaxing resort. We had dinner at the hilton down the road which is a huge resort but very crowded with conferences being held there.

We stayed in a private suite with our own pool. We were 3 friends travelling so one of us slept on a roll-away. In hind-sight the room was pretty small for 3 people & it would have been better having 2 bathrooms and we probably should have opted for a 2 bedroom apartment or at least adjoining rooms - but it proved near on impossible trying to book this without it being extremely costly. The roll-away bed was comfortable but due to the king bed being a 4 poster you couldn't watch tv from the roll-away bed easily. The king bed was very hard but we asked for matress toppers which seemed to solve this problem. The cleaners always did a good job & we didn't have a problem with items going missing & complimentary water bottles were topped up each day.

There is a 7/11 store right out the front of the hotel, convenient for buying water, snacks and alcoholic drinks. There is also a great massage parlour out the front of the hotel called "On-Lee". It's bright pink - you can't miss it. We were here every second day or night (it's open til 2am) getting foot scrubs, massages and nails painted.

The girls on the front desk of the hotel were very helpful and check-in and check-out was quite straight-forward.

Breakfast is not a huge spread (which is why i think they get so many comments about it being same-same) but there's enough hot & cold selection to keep you well fed. They have an omelette station and the hot food changes daily based on a weekly menu - so stay longer than a week and you'll see the monday menu back from last week.

We ordered room service (ours wasn't delivered by boat as we had a private pool suite) only becuase we had to as one of us wasn't well and we stayed in for the day. The room service menu was probably my only complaint. There is hardly anything on the menu and most of the items are not that appealing. We ordered a ham and cheese sandwich and BLT's both were ok BUT we were told to leave the tray outside our room for them to collect later and that's were it stayed for the next 2 days! even after our room had been cleaned twice?

We used the pool bars a couple of times and the cocktails were lovely. A little tip if you are using the bar at happy hours - you get 30% off of drinks but then you need to add back service taxes of 17% and you can only pay with cash (can't charge to the room) - which is a bit inconvenient when you don't have pockets or a bag because - you're in the pool.

It's a good hotel - feels secluded in the midst of crazy phuket. Definately reccomend for couples.

Room Tip: Ask for "Access Pools" when you jump in the taxi or tuk-tuks
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jmimi

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We stayed at Access for 10 nights from the 10th February. We travelled with our 5 month old baby and we found the staff very helpful and accomodating.
Breakfast was lovely with hubby having an omelette each morning and the Chef seeing him come in had it ready for him in minutes of arriving.
Having the baby and a pool at your door was wonderful. In the heat of the day whilst she was having a sleep we could stay in the pool and have full view of her. It was also very convenient not to have to 'pack her up' to go to the pool, which is the case in many other hotels.
The Hotel is a fair distance from the beach but we enjoyed the walk each evening to go for dinner then the walk back helped settle dinner before bed. A tuk tuk each way cost 200 TBH which was about $6AUS.

Mostly, when travelling we used 'Mr Ducky' the taxi driver at the front of the hotel. He is a lovely gentleman, very helpful, has great english and was wonderful helping with the baby getting in and out of his cab. Mr Ducky you rock, you made our trip extra pleasant :D
There is a 711 next door which is really convenient for drinks, beer, snacks etc. Don't have your washing done by the hotel its expensive but walk out the front and there is a lady to the right that does a wonderful job. I think she even ironed my underwear.

Hubby did a couple of dive courses but be careful who you choose to dive with. There are a few dodgy ones around. Also, if they are run by Thai people the language can be a barrier when you are learnig to dive. Hubby went through ScubaCat Dive in Patong and they were awesome. He was taught by Ozzy and irishman with a wonderful sense of humour and a passion for diving and the aquatic environment.

Late one evening we came back from dinner and our air conditioning wasn't working. there was a person at our room fixing it within 5 minutes and they didn't go until it was fixed.

Lessons learnt from our first trip were not to bother with 'Airport Transfers' we paid approximately $80AUS each person from Australia, next time we have Mr Ducky's number we'll be calling him and booking him for our airport transfers for 1000 TBH each way equals $30 each way. Take less clothes and stuff. Travelling with a baby I took everything, next time I'll be taking the basics and buying t-shirts, dresses etc as they are as cheap as chips. Late check out is a must when travelling with a little one. Access were very accomodating to us for this. It is HOT, very HOT so we tended to do our activities either first thing in the morning or in the late afternoon, the middle of the day was spent around the pool and napping.

The only negative was that the beds are sooooo hard. We had pillow toppers added but they didn't make much difference for us.

We are heading back in October, so hubby can do some more dive courses. We'll be staying at Access because for us it worked really well.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Liesa H

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Stayed 7 days blue wing room. We booked through Agoda got a great price asked for a transfer to be arranged, but unfortunately arrived at Phuket Airport at night and no one there to pick us up! Rang and with the language barrier being an instant problem eventually got told it would take 1 hour for someone to get there and 1000 baht. Ended up on a bus that was dirt cheap. Got there, no apology even though I showed them the paper they were given which specifically asked them to organise. Make sure you confirm the transfers have been organised! No welcome drink was offered, we were clearly flustered and upset, no cool towel, nothing. Our room was lovely, the 4 poster bed was beautiful (be warned, the mattress is very hard) and the room was a decent size. The bathroom was basic, the bathtub a bit old, but clean. The air conditioner is very noisy especially at night, but you have to have it on the heat is stifling. TV good, varied channels. They supply 2 free bottles of water a day. Balcony area leads straight into the pool, very nice, although the deck chairs are so uncomfortable, really need something soft on top. I couldnt lie there. It is funny to have room service delivered in the gondola, that is something you dont see every day! There is a 7 eleven right next door which is handy, also a great massage place right next door as well, all pink, so cheap and amazing massages. Although if you are expecting a gentle one, make sure you ask. She jumped on me and used her elbows!!!! The grounds are lovely, pools are unique, lounge chairs much more comfy. Hardly anyone ever uses the main area, the really need more entertainment. The pool area closes at 6:30pm, it would be nice to be able to hop in a bit later, have a drink around the bar and socialise. Free Wi-fi was fantastic to have. Breakfast included in the price, I would have liked more cereals and less heavy foods that I consider to be lunch or dinner, and a lot of flies around. My worst experience was the fact that people can smoke inside the restaurant, disgusting, should be allowed only outside. Dinner was okay, nothing to brag about and entertainment good for over dinner, but gets boring. They need to rethink a bit. English a big problem, most of the staff in the restaurants/bars have no idea what you are talking about, but always have a smile. A couple of the reception staff come across arrogant and not very helpful and then there were a couple that spoke better english and were always willing to help. I dont expect them to know English, I suggest you make sure you have handy phrases ready. We asked for a late checkout from 12:00pm to 5:00pm and they wanted to charge us 2000 baht. I thought that was robbery and then all of a sudden they said we could only stay till 3:00pm so the room could be cleaned for $1000 baht. When we paid our final amount, they asked us what we did with the ashtray, firstly we dont smoke and secondly there wasnt even one in our room!! Then the 2 girls turned to each other started chatting, didnt bother to say goodbye, hope you had a pleasant trip, come back, anything!!! That was as disappointing as when we arrived. Things we did: BIG BUDDHA a must do free to get in, but cost us 1200 baht from Access return, FANTASEA - we booked through a tourist company, a long drive from Access, ate at the buffett which seats 4000 people, very ordinary buffett, but there is a seafood one you can have instead, the place itself is like a theme park, no big rides though, mainly shops etc, then the main show starts at 9:00pm, some bits boring, I liked the elephants and the acrobatics. ELEPHANT TREK - we went to Amazing Bukit safari, booked directly through them, very scary bumpy track!! not flat ground that I expected, they hit you up for photos, food for elephants etc so be prepared, the baby elephant was amazing, so smart, so cute, loved it. I wouldnt do the trek thru them again though, owners friendly, just didnt like track. SIMON CABARET - loved it!! very entertaining and colourful, not sleezy, kids were there too. We got there 1/2 hour before, paid for VIP seats and got the best view. More expensive to book through organisers. SHOPPING: Loved Jung Ceylon, bit like all the markets, but in comfortable air conditioning. Bartering is tiring, but remember to be friendly and smile and you can usually get a great price. You get really good at it as time goes on. Central festival Phuket - a bit like a main shopping centre here, one big shop just like Myers or DJ's, no room for bartering, more upmarket, some stalls, I probably wouldnt have bothered to go if I knew. Weekend Markets, the night we went got rained out, I was disappointed cause I thought it would be different stuff to what I had seen in the roads, but not really. On the way back, make sure you stop in at the temple, beautiful to see. I though Patong, main street and side streets great to shop at. Heaps to choose from and good bargaining. TOURS - Phi Phi Islands - we went to about 5 islands, fantastic, would do again and highly recommend. Dont be disappointed if Monkey Island doesnt have a lot of monkeys!! I saw more at the Big Buddha!! KARON BEACH - Takes about 10 minutes by car, definently much longer to walk, but a beautiful beach. You pay a couple of dollars for the hire of the beach chairs and umbrellas and we relaxed all day. Water beautiful, apparently can be a bit rippy, there are activities such as parasailing etc available. People selling things to you all day long, pretty funny what they sell, flutes, clothing, you name it they sell it!!! I hope all this has helped, hard to squeeze everything in. It is a bit far from where I think the main action is which is Patong, it cost us 500 baht each time with a taxi to get in there, depends what you want I suppose. There are not really buses and tuk tuks cost more than taxis. It all adds up, I would stay closer to Patong next time, but I would recommend this resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thesigno4

Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife an I spent a month at this wonderfull hotel between the middle of January 2012 and February 2012. In this fabulous hotel all rooms have access to the pool. The rooms ( blue wing ) are large and luxurious and very well appointed. Tropical plants enhance the peaceful and beautiful surroundings. The staff are friendly and generally very efficient. Breakfast is brilliant with everything you could wish for, perhaps a slightly larger selection of cereals and the availabilty of tomato juice and Lea & Perrins sauce would make it a perfect breakfast. Food and service in the very reasonably priced restaurant is very good. Try the rock lobster, fabulous. This hotel does not have the best location, it is a good 20 minutes walk to the beach or take a taxi at £3.50 each way. If you stay at this hotel you should rent a car or motorbike for the duration of your stay, this gives you easy access to the beach but also lets you explore the wonders and beauty of Phuket. A word of warning the matresses are the firmest I have ever experienced but I slept like a log for the whole holiday. A minor negative, a cold towel and a welcome drink on arrival would have been nice. If you order room service your food is delivered to your terrace by boat, a nice unique touch. If you want luxury, peace and a room with pool access at a very reasonable price, give this hotel a try, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: The blue wing rooms are larger and restricted to adults only.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple