“A little disappointed”

Access Resort & Villas
Ranked #41 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Upon arrival we were greeted with a cool towel and drinks, then had our bags carried to our room.

The bed was very hard, I didn't mind so much but my partner ended up with a very sore back. Two mattress toppers were needed until he could sleep on it.

The room was nice, the air con worked well. We had trouble with our toilet but that is just the poor plumbing of the country.
The rooms seemed to get alot of lizards in them, I thought they were rather cute.

The staff was very friendly, a little slow when it came to their meal times. Everyone just vanished.

Karon it self was beautiful, I preferred to eat out than at the restaurant. The hotel restaurant food was of poor quality and alot more expensive than the restaurant food on the main road.
I was hesitant at first to eat it but found it clean and alot nicer than at the hotel. Seafood was caught daily and cooked on a coal BBQ with butter and garlic. All for around $13 AUS.

The pool access was nice, pool got dirty very quickly after any rain but seemed to settle quickly.

I didn't like the cleaning service, we were locked out of our room after sitting on the back veranda next to the pool, even after I asked the cleaner not to lock the back door, This happened at leased 4 times before I left the door open and sat right next to it.

2 water bottles were given to us each day, it would have been nice if they were put in our fridge.

I had clothes, make-up and jewelry taken from my room by the cleaners, When i notified the hotel i was told that there was nothing they could do but ask her to give my stuff back. When she said no I was pretty much told to suck it up.

As Well as around $100 taken from my wallet after I left my bag unlocked for 1 cleaning visit.
Once I realised my possessions were being taken I locked all my bags and requested a different girl to clean my room.

One night my partner and I made friends with the couple in the room next to us, we sat in the pool behind our room and talked to them, at 11pm we were told to go inside our rooms as we were disrupting the hotel. We had no neighbours in that wing and were not being loud.
I don't recommend this hotel for younger couples or arty goers.

Upon leaving we were given our bill, they had charged us for things we didn't eat or drink. As Well as laundry service that we didn't use as there was a laundry place up the road.
When we protested the bar staff were called over to verify our claims and were again told to suck it up.
We were forced to pay $400 AUS for things we didn't use.

I will not be staying here again when I go back next march, The Hilton up the road or another beach seems like a better option.
I will also lock my bags with a padlock when my rooms are cleaned

3  Thank nick s
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your holiday and great to know your highly satisfaction of our resort - from the peaceful location with breathtaking real pool access to our service and facilities.

Thank you, and look forward to welcome you to our resort again in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I booked this hotel through my travel agent in Australia as it was my first trip to Thailand. I wasn't disappointed.
The entrance to the resort is hidden from the main road and opens into a mini paradise of lagoon pools and tropical garden that winds throughout the resort. We stayed in the blue wing and our room was beautifully decorated in traditional thai theme. The pool was straight outside our room making it a great place too cool off after sun baking right outside our bedroom door. If you order room service it is brought to you on a boat by one of the friendly staff. The food was not too bad but we mostly ate out with such a wide variety of restaurants near by there was plenty to choose from. The hotel is a 10 minute took took ride into the heart of Patong and only a few minutes from the beach. I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We stayed in a pool access blue wing room.
The room was beautiful, with a big bed, and a nice bathroom. The pool access was so much fun! The pool was huge, and it was great to be in it or just sit in the balcony and read. We were afraid from noise coming from people in the pool inside our room in the morning, but we didn't hear anything!
Breakfast is great and tasty.
The only bad thing I have to say is the location. The hotel is not close to the beach, about 15 minutes walk (but they offer free transportation to the beach twice a day). It is within 7 minutes walk to the central street of Karon. As we didn't care about Karon's beach (which is boring after Railay beach and Koh phi phi...) the hotel was perfect for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2011

The service at the Access Resort & Villas was nothing short of impeccable. When my wife and I arrived at the resort, we were greeted and then looked after so well... and this care didn't stop right up to when we left for the airport! If you choose to stay here, try eating at the resort restaurant... the food is great and is taken to your table in a snap soon after you order it. Highly recommend staying here. The photos of the resort really don't do it enough justice, it looks even better in person!

4  Thank Marty O
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Dear Valued guests,

We are very appliciated to know that you were happy during stay with us and thank you very much for valued reweiws on TripAdvisor.

We hope that ACCESS resort and Villas will be a your holidays resort on the next holidays.

ACCESS Resort and Team.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

The pool access rooms are outstanding. Strongly recommend the blue wing for couples who enjoy a very romantic and relaxing style of room. We must say that eating at the hotel's restaurant was refreshingly well priced with an excellent quality of food. The Chef has a special every day, and it is innovative and fresh. A steak was cheaper than most of the restaurants we ate at, and of equal quality to our standards in Australia, and certainly cheaper than Western Australia.
We recommend using the Taxi service in front of the hotel and ask for "Mr. Dee". He was a very caring driver and spoke great english. The hotel taxi's are cheaper than the tuk-tuk's and the external taxis and they will take you to your destination, and will wait for you and collect you to take you back.
The swim up bar in the blue wing can sometimes be unmanned (we went low season), but this is easily rectified by telling a staff member and they will send someone over. Happy Hour is a bit of a mystery as there is no signage, but it is somewhere between 4pm and 6:30pm. During this time you can get the cocktails at about $5 AUS.
We definitely recommend the air-conditioned Spa/Massage centre. The Hotel currently has a two for one promotion which meant getting professional and caring treatments at approximately $30 AUS after the voucher has been utilised. We were able to use this offer throughout our stay, and for as many treatments as you want.
A wonderful place and we will definitely be returning. This was our fourth trip to Thailand and by far the most welcoming, relaxing, and intimate hotel that we have stayed in.
This is a great hotel for honeymooners/couples of any age.

Room Tip: Choose blue wing, the upgrade is worth it.
1  Thank Alan554832
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Dear Valued Guests,

It was nice to hear that you happy while stay wiht us. on behalf of hotel management we thank you very much for a very good reviews on TripAdvisor, your reviews will be passed to to our stafffs.

look forward to sevre you at ACCESS resort & Villas on the next holidays.

ACCESS Resort & Villas

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We only stayed here for a short time but the time we spent here was amazing. Every room has direct access to the pool and We were lucky enough to stay in a pool room villa which was fantastic. The staff were so friendly and just couldn't do enough for you the whole time we was there. Breakfast was also great and i just can't say enough good things about this place and look forward to my next stay here which will be much longer next time. I would reccomend this place to couples wishing to have a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: pool room villa is the way to go!
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aussieguy83
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear Valued Guests,

It was great to know that you are happy while stayed with us. Thank you very much for a good reviews on Tripadvisor.

We are very appliciated to welcome you back at Access resort and Villas . Any special request or arrangements on the next holidays please contact us at emial adress : info@accessresort.com. we are happy to sevre you.

Look forward to welcome you at Access resort and Villas

ACCESS Resort and Villas Team

Reviewed September 2, 2011

we enjoyed the atmosphere everyone was lovely the room was cleaned everyday we felt very spoilt they were very informative about what goes on in phuket glad we didnt stay in patong to many people alot more quiet in karon enjoyed the pool an especially breakfast we want to go back with our son hopefully next month so see you soon access resort we will definetly be back cheers

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you very much for your reviews, ACCESS Resort and villas team is very pleased to serve you and look farward to welcome you back on the next holidays.

With best regrds,