“awsom people very friendly loved our stay here”

Access Resort & Villas
Ranked #39 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed September 2, 2011

we enjoyed the atmosphere everyone was lovely the room was cleaned everyday we felt very spoilt they were very informative about what goes on in phuket glad we didnt stay in patong to many people alot more quiet in karon enjoyed the pool an especially breakfast we want to go back with our son hopefully next month so see you soon access resort we will definetly be back cheers

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you very much for your reviews, ACCESS Resort and villas team is very pleased to serve you and look farward to welcome you back on the next holidays.

With best regrds,
ACCESS Resort & Villas Team

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Just arrived back from Access Resort at Karon. It was fantastic and we would go back in a heart beat.
We loved the pool access straight from our room. We were in Adult only wing as they also have a family wing. The swim up bar was a great way of meeting other people, from different countries and all different ages.
We were happy with our king size bed and no it was not hard, I believe they may have added another mattress anyway very comfortable.
The rooms were kept spotless, and the staff very helpful.
The buffet breakfast was very good, and room service excellent. Room service arriving by boat was a bit of fun, yes we all clicked away on our camera's.
I think the location is great. Once in the resort you would think you were in the mountains when you look around. Karon beach is about a 15 minute walk, or a couple of minutes in a taxi or tuk tuk. I loved the area as you were not pounced upon as you walked out of your hotel. Close to some great restaurants. 10 minutes from Patong and 20 minutes from Phuket Town.
The local bus goes right by your door. My husband and myself decided to catch the local bus for a bit of fun. 30 Bart to anywhere. Not much slower than a tuk tuk. And we had a great time.
hope this is helpful.

Room Tip: On a package deal.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MurphAustralia
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your reviews on Tripadvisor with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed stay with us and our services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ACCESS Resort & Villas in the next holidays.

ACCESS Resort & Villas Team

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I love the access pool. I had never seen something like this before and I really love it. When I ordered for a meal, they served me on a boat. It was surprised me. I'll be there again or take some of my friends there if possible. It was such a nice trip.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Teerakit C
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2011

Dear Valued Guests,

On behalf of the team I would like to thank you for staying with us, and subsequently posting such a positive reviews.

I am so glad that you enjoyed during you stay. We do look forward to you staying with us again in the near future,

Access Resort & Villas Team

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Stayed here with friends in early August. We were given adjoining rooms as requested which was great. Fab to step out from your room directly into the pool- a short swim to the bar & relaxation.
Just far enough away from town to be peaceful, but close enough to walk for a meal. We opted out of the breakfast and chose to explore the surrounding eateries (cheaper).
7 eleven right next door to buy water etc.
Staff are fabulous- especially the hard working bar staff!
We plan to return next year with a larger group- just great!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Rena M,

Thank you very much for your valued rewiews on Tripadvisor, we are happy to hear that you are happy while stayed with us.

Looking forward to welcome you to Access Resort & Villas agian in the next holidays.

Access Resort & Villas Team

Reviewed August 14, 2011

Stayed for 7 nights in the green wing. We could swim from our room to the pool bar which was a bonus! The bed was VERY firm but the staff were happy to put a soft mattress topper onto the bed for us, which made it bearable. Breakfast was pretty good and never crowded. Not a huge selection like we had at other places, but still had good food and an egg chef. We found the walk to the beach was a bit of a mission and tuk tuk's to Patong were quite expensive at 300baht each way. It was much cheaper to get a taxi from the hotel, the driver was always willing to wait around for us and gave us discounts. There wasn't many good places for shopping in Karon. All of the best places were in Patong or Kata. (Tip: The best and cheapest place for shopping is Phuket Town, only on weekends. There are night markets for locals and most prices are so good that you don't even need to barter. The markets start at around 5pm and go 'til midnight.) The 711 just outside the hotel complex was handy for snacks but there weren't many good places to have a meal close to the hotel. Most of the time we had room service or ate at the hotel restaurant. Overall, a good hotel and nice staff but next time I think we'll be staying in Kata.

Room Tip: Enjoyed our green wing room, could swim from the room to the pool bar!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kwdn
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Dear Valued Guest's,

Thank you very much for your rewiews, we very happy to hear that you have a pleasant stayed with us, your valued feed back is helping us to improve and provide the highest of service, and it was our pleasure to have you with us.

we all are looking forward to welcome you to Acees Resort & Villas in the next holidays.

Access Resort & Villas

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I stayed at The Access Resort and Villas for 4 nights by myself in late June 2011.

I arrived very late into Phuket and the hotel was very welcoming. They had a welcome drink and cold face cloth.

The rooms were very clean and had all the mod-cons I needed. The beds are extremely hard, but you do get use to it (or just so tired you crash). The air-con worked well, although the fan sound was a little loud (but again, you don't notice it after a day). I found the air-con helped to dry my clothes that I washed and dried in the bathroom quicker than hanging them outside. Each day the rooms were cleaned and another 2 bottles of water supplied (would have been nice if they were put in the fridge). There is a 711 right outside with cheap nibblies and alcohol. There was a free shuttle bus into Karon town each morning at 10 and 1pm, which was helpful. The free wi-fi in the rooms was excellent as because I travelled alone, i was reluctant to go out by myself at night time, so i was able to sit and chat with friends and tell them about my adventures via Skype and Facebook. I could also google tours and refer to trip advisor for things to do in the area.

The hotel was continuing to expand while I was there. There were workmen doing some jobs outside my room, and within 5 minutes of complaining, I was whisked away into another room. This room was much better, so ensure that you ask for a room that faces "The Cool Room" (a sort of games room that wasn't used while i was there).

The breakfasts had basically the same food every day, but certainly did the job well. I also pocketed an extra muffin to carry with me for the day as there arn't many places to grab a quick 'snack' as you walk around - well, none that you would eat at anyway.

The resort is a bit of a walk to get into the town and beach. A good 15 minutes - which doesn't seem that far, but in that extreme heat, and with no footpaths (so you are constantly dodging motorbikes, dogs and cars) it seemed an effort on some days. The Movenpick and Old Phuket resorts have an entrance on the same road as The Access, as well as an entrance opening on the other side of the block - but security would not let me walk through (it would have taken 2 minutes, rather than 25).

I ate at "Kai Restaurant" which is on the same road into Karon town. Most dishes were 70 Baht and sofdrinks were 20 Baht. I didn't risk eating the seafood, but the chicken was delicious. I even went back there for lunch the next day. They will move fans etc in the restaurant to beside you and are very friendly.

I also ate at the "Butterfly Bistro" which is at the beach side entrance of Old Phuket Resort. Very delicious, but only a tiny bit more expensive (120 Baht). The massage/beauty parlour right at the Old Phuket Resort entrance was particularly good too. I went twice!! I found the massages and pedicures 1/2 the price as others closer into Karon town. There is also a big 'market' in some shops facing the beach there. Lots of stuff the same, and the shop workers are a little pushy (and sometimes I got the feeling they were saying rude stuff behind my back as i declined their invitations to look in their shops).

I went to see the FantaSea show, which i was a little dissapointed in. The buffet dinner from "around the world" did not live up to expectations. There was a tiny selection of food and it wasn't as tasty as the food I had previously eaten. The show was somewhat confusing. It started as Traditional Thai dance, then changed into a magic show, then into a cirque du soleil type show. I also thought that it was very expensive for what it was. It cost (1950Baht) $65 Aus - whereas I got a day trip to Phi Phi Island and a Whitewater rafting day trip for $40 Aus each.

The daytrip to Phi Phi Island was with "Sea Angel". I went to a few tour operators until i found one on the corner of the large roundabout in Karon town (the ONLY roundabout). They offered 50% tours. The lady was really nice and spoke english well. The day trip was very well organised. If you are going to Phi Phi Island, go on a speed boat, as the larger boats are very slow. Sit at the front of the speedboat (on the outside front deck) to avoid sea sickness. It's an hour boat ride to get there. Phi Phi Island was VERY busy, but it had to be visited. The other places were nice, but I found the water at the place they took us to to snorkle in was filthy. I had to push alot of plastic rubbish aside so I could swim. In the end I got out of the water. The last island they took us to was nicer. The water was very clean - but not much coral. The buffet lunch was nice and they gave us a constant supply of water and softdrink. It was a good day trip. Our tour guide "Lady Gaga" was excellent and very funny. It was well run and they had safety in mind the entire time.

Also, don't forget to bargin with the shop sellers. They will offer insane prices for items. I ended up getting most tops/skirts etc for about 200 baht. Just 1/2 the price that they say, if not more. Don't be afraid to walk away, they'll either chase you down before you leave the store or they will be there in 5 mins time - or another shop right beside with the exact same thing. At one stage they offered me a hat for $18Aus and I got it down to $3. Just don't let them see how much money is in your wallet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that looks out onto the "cool room" - they are much nicer.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Lena-the-Traveller

Dear Valued Guest's,

Thank you very much for your value comments, it's help us to improve our hotel's falicitily and services.

we do hope that we will have a chance to welcome you to Acess Reresort & Villas again in the near future.

Acess Resort & Villas Team

Reviewed June 19, 2011

Gr8 place very clean rooms friendly staff great buffet breakfast and service.
restaurant meals pricey and not enough menu selection of various seafood etc but only a short walk down the road to numerous restaurants.
Air Con in room not that good- really did not work cooling the room down worked more like like an evaporative water air-con instead of Refrigerant cooler.
Overall great place friendly service excellent drivers at resort especially Chang??
Thank You Access for a great Holiday and look forward to returning again ( in another room with better air con LOL

Thanks

Norm& Rhonda

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beama54
AccessResort, Front Office Manager at Access Resort & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your holiday and great to know your highly satisfaction of our resort - from the peaceful location with breathtaking real pool access to our service and facilities.

Thank you, and look forward to welcome you to our resort again in the near future.

Kind regards,