“Amazing Family Holiay”
Review of Club Med Phuket

Club Med Phuket
Ranked #21 of 135 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My husband and I had a Relaxing, Recharging and Rejuvenating while my kids had an Enjoyable, Entertaining and Exciting stay at Club Med Phuket.

The experience has exceeded our expectations. All the GOs were not only friendly, they took time to connect with us.

My kids could not wait to go to the Mini-Club each day and they didn't have enough of it. The kids' programme was well-planned and kept them actively engaged. We are thankful to Kay, Sam, Sheeba, Duke, Sentha, Eugene, Fah and all who took care of my kids.

The circus team - Kerry, Jino, Mesa, Wish - thank you for helping my daughter to overcome her fear of height and I was amazed that she even attempted tricks on it too. My son can't stop talking about his trapeze experience and the team.

Landsport team - Swapnil, Marco, Josh, Cavin, Jazz, Adi - my husband and I enjoyed the sports we had with you - step aerobics, aqua yoga, table-tennis, beach soccer, darts and archery.

Restaurant managers - Mehan and Ravi - thank you for the positive experience. Arturo, Nicole, Yada, Nicole, Josh, Sentha, Agung - your company during our meals is an unique experience.

Medhi - you have a great team who is passionate and engaging. My children are talking about saving up for their next Club Med trip (Kay, my daughter says she will go wherever you will be).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank MabelTong
There are newer reviews for Club Med Phuket

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Firstly I'd like to say that I was quite hesitant to stay at Club Med, but to my surprise, myself and my family all thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at Club Med Phuket.
Our welcome even at 1am was pleasant, informative and welcoming - cool drinks and refreshing cold towels. Check in was also completed quickly too allow us to get to our room as soon as possible.
Our interconnecting rooms were basic but we were not there too spend time in our room. It was clean, and cleaned well daily and spacious enough to accommodate our family of 4. Air con was efficient enough to keep our room comfortable enough for sleeping. Plenty of storage space for suitcases not to be left out in the room. Only suggestion would be is to have an English TV Chanel that offers some form of world news.
The restaurant was clean and offered a wide variety of food - good selection with specialities from each region at every meal. It was lovely to be able to sit outside for every meal and enjoy the view out to the ocean or the pool. The ice cream is delicious!
The staff - well what can I say?? Having done a significant amount of travel I can say that I have never experienced such a friendly, enthusiastic, attentive, talented, encouraging and helpful group of people. These GO's obviously enjoy their jobs as they go above and beyond to make your stay very comfortable. With my mother in law using a motorised wheelchair staff helped her when she got lost and also with transferring from wheelchair to dining chair or pool lounge.
My girls - 8 & 10 are not into going to any kids club. Sam (kids club) was absolutely awesome in trying to encourage the girls to participate in activities and night time performances. She joined us for lunch/dinner on several occasions and got to know the girls and from then on the girls participated in some of the nightly performances and clearly enjoyed themselves and Sams company. They also missed Sam very much when she had her well deserved day off. Both were quite emotional the night we left because they had formed such a beautiful 'friendship' with Sam. Sentha was also 'crazy' according to the girls they thought she was very funny with her crazy antics with trying to get them to go to kids club or join in with a quick massage or a dance by the pool. The team at trapeze were also great with all of us, even when I thought I was going to have a 'heart attack' before going on the trapeze. Again they were encouraging and enthusiastic with the girls.
The nightly entertainment was very impressive as well, especially the little after parties that are quite interactive between GO's and guests.
Overall I would certainly recommend Club Med Phuket to anyone considering a visit.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed at Club Med Phuket and had the most amazing family holiday last New Years Eve. We went with family friends and between us had four children all aged 4 and under. The kids club facilities were amazing and the staff, particularly Sascha in the babies room was fantastic. The kids felt welcomed and had so much fun doing a wide range of activities each day. It meant we could really enjoy the resort and a few outings with the peace of mind that our children were happy and in safe hands. We loved how friendly the staff were, and all the facilities, activities and restaurants were great. We were lucky enough to spend NYE there and the whole evening was fantastic from beginning to end. I highly recommend this resort as a great family holiday!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have just returned from Club Med Phuket trip and want to give some comments on the experience I have during the trip. I have attended the step class and Abs class organized at the Club Med. It was fun and I enjoyed very much in the class held there. Those who have not try it, please do so next time. You will enjoy it very much.The instructor there is very handsome and polite.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Yahoooo04
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This was put Honeymoon trip .. The rooms are on the small side but when in Phuket theres so
Many other things to do. The food was not bad however I found everything tastes the same the service was fair at the restaurants and the rest of the staff was brilliant. Although we have had a great time and I would always recommend all inclusive I don't feel its necessary as you can book a 5star hotel for allot less and eating and drinking in phuket is cheap. Karon is very nice and the beach is gorgeous.

Also should you book here ask for a room close to the pool as the resort is huge and some rooms are a long walk

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Reywoeke4u
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from the most amazing 10 days in Club Med Phuket. One word AWESOME.
On arrival room not up to standard without hesitation we were upgraded to a stunning room very comfortable, the aircon did struggle as is to be expected with temperatures in excess of 36deg early morning, but it is a tropical climate so expect to be HOT all the time.
The staff are beyond fantastic they go the extra mile at all hours of the day and night to entertain and are so hard working and friendly you feel part of the GO Team from the minute you arrive. Always something to do and the shows at night are FANTASTIC.
The food is as to be expected ASIAN STYLE but there is something for everyone all the time and you certainly wont go hungry.
The pools are spotless with lifeguard on duty the water temp is 31 deg + all day long so cooling off a BIG problem and the sea is also hot and sometimes smells of sewage. BUT the sad thing is that the pools close at 6.30pm till 9.00am the next morning BIG MISTAKE this is a tropical destination with temperatures of above 36deg most of the time one would expect to at least be able to swim at night as the beach is too dangerous. A Strong suggestion would be to leave the ZEN pool open for adults till midnight as there are always plenty GO staff on duty at the parties, who could thereby act as a lifeguard if required.
Would I recommend this resort DEFINITELY YES YES YES Thank You Club Med for an amazing first time experience at a Club Med Resort.
What a pity the Spa and tours offered at the resort are 3 times what one can purchase outside???

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking request a room close to the main reception area as this resort is HUGE...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clive n
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were looked after from the moment we arrived to the minute we left. Great staff, the GMs are awesome (especially kiwi Stef and one of the managers Pen) The bar staff couldn't have been more helpful creating any special drinks we asked for. The rooms are a little ordinary, but with everything on offer you would be crazy to spend much time in them. Kata beach is beautiful, the Day spa was sooo relaxing.
It was my first Club med experience. The all inclusive is a bit reminiscent of a cruise.
I would love to go back and look forward to trying other Club Meds in the region.

• Stayed: May 2014