“Great Value & Satisfaction”
Review of Club Med Phuket

Club Med Phuket
Ranked #25 of 136 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My family experience at Club Med Phuket was unforgetable and we may visit again in winter.
Thanks to GOs in Phuket they have great hospitality and prudential care and well organized for whole events. Variety shows every night and quality food from different origins and qualified GOs from around the world offers excellent services. Specially I appreciate to Mr. Marco and Mr. Zi and Ms. Lena and other Korean GO as well. I enjoyed the golf(putting competion) and champion's medal will be a great souvenir from the Club. B.Y. Park

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor view to beach and broad green garden with tropical plants provide relaxed...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,203)

Reviewed May 3, 2014

After visiting Club Med Bali, we had very high expectations for this village. After arriving at 8pm. We checked in and went to dinner. The rooms are below satisfactory with mine smelling of mould and dampness which I believe is from the overall structure. We travelled in a group of 6, and we were all situated together, but rooms were all disappointing as there were very outdated and needed a lot of work and maintenance.

The next morning my parter and I requested to change rooms and the concierge advised that we would need to wait till the afternoon. That afternoon we were granted a room change and this room was much better to our original room. The room seemed much more 'up to date' than the other. Although in my eyes didn't reach a 4 star rating.

The food, drinks and overall atmosphere of the resort were good. Activities were endless as was a beautiful beach and zen pool. The staff were helpful and we would have to pint out Stephanie from baby club and Koby at the bar.

Overall this resort was ok, but needs a lot of work and maintenance. I don't think I will be visiting this resort again until I know that it's rooms are refurbished, and cleaner. I feel as though it doesn't reach the standards that Club Med usually demonstrates.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Vanessa C
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Before we booked we looked at the comments on Trip Advisor and very nearly did not book. Thankfully we ignored all the negative comments. We are very experienced travellers and 15 of us of all ages from 70 to 6 had a fabulous time. Fantastic free entertainment each and every night, great kids club, they teach you how to become a trapeze expert, or an archer or a scuba diver or a golfer etc all included in the cost and taught by some fabulous young GO's. Food is available about 16 hours a day and the meal selection is wonderful they have about 100 sq m of buffet for each of the 3 meals of the day, crammed with different choices including Korean, Thai and Western, fruit, deserts, large selection of different breads, there is just so much.

Room Tip: We found the climate to be very humid and hot. All drinks are free so be careful not to over indulge...
1  Thank Beresf
ClubMedAP, General Manager at Club Med Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Dear Beresf,

Many thanks for your great comments regarding your recent holiday with your extended family.

We are seeing more and more multi-generational and large families here at Club Med and it seems the main reasons are that everyone finds something they like and the easiness to share time quality together. Where else can grandparents see their grandkids perform with the other kids on stage or see them learning a new sport such as Flying Trapeze, archery & circus school?

Phuket has a perfect viewpoint from the main bar onto the circus activities where parents usually keep an eye out for their kids ‘achievement”…

I will review all of your feedback with my team here in Phuket. Many thanks once again and hope to welcome you and your family again soon at Club Med!

Kinds Regards,
General Manager – Club Med Phuket

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We just returned from 8 days at Club Med. With all inclusive food / beverage it was really good value for money. There were great activities and shows every night. The buffet had great selections and good quality food all day and the wine choices were very good. We especially liked the set menu restaurant - Chuda where the friendly staff - Kun Roongring, Kun Oil and Kun Nancy offered very friendly and exceptional service and nothing was a problem. Fully recommended!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not too far from the main pool area as the resort is quite spread out
3  Thank Jane2765
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I have never felt compelled to write a review before, but after looking forward to a family holiday and finding it to be so disappointing, I would hate for others to spend the amount of money they charge and go through the same experience.
It started with the arrival - we had organised transport through the hotel, arrived, no one to greet us. Had to find a seat in the foyer somewhere as my husband tried to find someone to check us in - tired from a delayed flight with 3 young kids. Finally we were taken to our room by one of the bar staff - lovely girl but had no idea about anything in the resort. "Just ring reception" was all she could say.

Rooms - terrible! For the amount you are paying, you would expect a little bit of class and comfort. Not even a little pack of cotton buds. No hair conditioner, just one little soap to last your stay. Bathrooms are in disarray. They need to be regrouted - mould is around sinks, shower is lukewarm at its best. Beds are ok, though not sure when the sheets get changed (and know for a fact they weren't changed recently). The resort is old. The rooms and decor are dated. The balcony is tiny - no where to sit outside, which makes it difficult when kids are asleep and you just want to be out of the room. The wi-fi is very, very intermittent - constantly drops out!

Food & drinks - good, plenty of choice (though not to sure how they cater for dietary requirements) ,however, after this trip, I never want to see a buffet again! :) No table service around the pool, so if you want your "free" cocktail, you need to wait at the bar. Wine is included, but again, trying to find someone to get one for you can be a challenge. Basically, if you want something, you go get it - don't expect any service.

Pools & beach- zen pool (adults only), nice, though lacks ambience. Main pool - good depth for kids but gets very crowded. The loud music blaring can be a bit much however, if the party atmosphere is what you are after, then it's here! Beach lovely though lots of rubbish in the water. Shame you have to cross a road to get to it i.e it's not on your doorstep which is what I envisaged.

Kids club - BRILLIANT! This is the only saving grace of the resort. Our kids weren't so keen each day, but the staff were fabulous and they did have a great time! Thank you to the wonderful staff there!

This was our first Club Med experience. Maybe expectations were high, based on what I had read and friends experiences of Club Med (other than Phuket). We love Phuket, having been here many times, however, will never spend the amount of money we did on a place like this again.It is seriously not value for money and not the fabulous experience we were hoping for. We can't even leave early as you pay for everything upfront. We still have 5 nights left here and I am counting them down.

Such a disappointment :(

6  Thank Mok125
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

The exotic location in Kata beach is just great, just missing water sport activities as sailing... The big varieties of animation during the day and night conducted by the dynamic GOs build a special ambiance to forget your daily routine life. I recommend Songkran period as their is also a life outside the Club Med...

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just arrived home from a lovely 8 day vacation with our family. We have a 14 year old son and 15 year old daughter, my kids enjoyed their stay very much but my daughter was upset for a bit of the trip. She loves meeting Go's etc but she was told because she was underage Gos were not allowed to speak to her alone even if at the bar. Look, my husband and I have been members with club med for many years and we were quite shocked at this new rule though we do understand it we dont think its fair on our children.

The majority of Go's were kind, gentle and funny people but a few of them lacked genuine Go qualities we were extremely angry about how we were treated by a certain Mauritian bar Go and he needs a complete attitude change and also needs to stop touching certain Korean staff members . The team in Phuket is having its changeover but for the resorts sake I would recommend keeping Mzala, Stef,Massa, Sasha, Leonor, Dylan and Didier because without them the team would be boring and bland. Also we can see that Mehdi the CDV is trying very hard but it doesn't seem that he is connected to his team, he is a nice guy but he is lacking the qualities of a happy, funny friendly chief and thats what the team in Phuket really needs.

The resort it self needs a few touch ups but so many people complain about the room... all my husband and I have to say is you hardly spend any time in them so why care all you basically do is you shower, change and sleep. If you plan on spending your whole day in the room then change hotels club med obviously isn't the right place for you because if you pay for club med God forbid you want to spend your trip in your room. The food was delightful and there were many different meat options at each meal. I do strongly recommend this village as its in a beautiful area and its close to many shops and the team is good but club med needs to help the team out and keep the Gos around that this resort needs.

1  Thank 496jasmineg