“Healthy and relaxation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 132 Hotels in Karon
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Healthy and relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I spend my summer vacation with my cousins. I'd like to thank for S&P company who gives us a free voucher to stay here for 3 days and two nights and fly with Bangkok Airways.At first I feel doubted that we may be treated not as privileged as the others. What I think is totally wrong.

I like the atmosphere surrounded with trees. Also the beach is very beautiful. White sand and clear sea water.

I am impressed with the staffs.They are friendly and helpful. They are happy to see Thais. I like Aki from Japan who is a receptionist upon my arrival and Anne. Also Khun Pen, she explain in Thai for my cousins and I.

I am astonished by Thai ways of greetings by the staffs. I am admired the way the staffs are trained in Thai culture.

I like the swimming pool called Zen Pool which is not too deep to swim.

I enjoy Yoga class with Master Swapnil. He is the only one who tell that I did great!

I also like Chuda Restaurant. It is beautiful and the staffs are happy to give us a warm welcome with ice cream and desserts decorated very nice.

At night there is a multicultural show. I have some cocktails which are unlimited.

I am expecting to come back here for next vacation.

Room Tip: Room on the 3rd floor is great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jan M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our first use of Club Med. We chose the resort based on activities available, what on offer for kids' club (we have 5yo and 9yo boys, who both need to be entertained) and the recommendation of friends. Overall very impressive. The GOs (the staff who look after the various areas of the resort) made the trip. They are so good at helping the kids (and adults) have a great time. Worthy of special mention are the following groups of GOs -
1. Mini Club for 4-7yo (e.g. Sam, Rio, etc)
2. Kids' Club for 8-10yo (e.g. Picki, Anthony, etc)
3. Sports (e.g. Dylan, Leo, Andy)
4. Circus (e.g. Kuma, Jessica, Sian, Kerry, etc) - This group were particularly excellent at helping our boys get past some of their fear about bungy bounce and trapeze, to allow them to have a great experience. They also put on a wonderful circus show that well exceeded expectations.
5. Some NZers who made us feel very welcome (e.g. Sasha, Sam, Stef, Kerry)

We had a wonderful week. From airport to airport all so easy and well looked after. The lack of decisions (e.g. food and drink inclusions) makes for such a relaxing time. Food was very good, with lots of variety and better standard than we expected. No health problems. Bottled water plentiful.
The resort property is large. It is not top-end fancy, but actually very nice and very well maintained.
We rarely left the resort, but it was easy to enjoyed a few local outings to nearby things.

Room Tip: Big resort, so expect 5-10 mins walk to many locations. That's all part of fun. Maybe think abou...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Matthew S
Myanmar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was there with my family in Dec'13 for one week and spent the New Year there . This is a perfect place for a family with children . They organized everything for children from mini club to sailing and golfing . They do have adult activities however I was not keen to join . I do like the Yoga class , the yoga master coming from India was demonstrating something very simple but very efficient for body and mind that I continue to practice at home .Night show was ok but Club Med ,Malaysia was better . Food is international and surprise to see that there wa not much choice of Thia food and only few dishes of Thai are not real Thai food . I do appreciate the Club Med team and they are working so hard to do the best for us . I would recommend the family with kids age between 3-12 to this place and should not miss the Yoga class with Indian Master .

Room Tip: I got the room with the view to the sea and ask for a corner room to avoid hearing noises from corri...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was the first time to Club Med for myself and my family of two young girls and husband. My husband had been to a number of Club Med's in his youth and raved about them, but I was unsure about the concept of shows, sharing time with the staff, etc. I was very wrong in being hesitant, as we all had an absolutely wonderful time. Spending time with the GOs was a pleasure, and in particular the following GOs were great - Sasha, Stef and team in the Baby Club, Kumar, Ash, and Dylan from the sports teams, Chanel the lifeguard, all the very patient bar staff, and Mehdi who made us feel very welcome. In fact, all of the GOs were EXCELLENT! I would recommend a Club Med holiday to anyone with a young family, as the kids facilities and quality of care makes the entire holiday a breeze.

Room Tip: We were in Block D which was a bit of a walk from the main areas, but generally quiet. Would recomme...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JenJenB
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

As a first visit to Phuket we really did not know what to expect. The Club Med resort was first class in all aspects. The amazing beach was a highlight. The water was warm and the sand and water was really clean considering the number of people using it. Club Med has an area that is clearly designated and a area in the water cordoned off.
The rooms were clean, large enough and about 3.5 stars. The surrounding grounds were immaculately kept and provided added space to roam.
The activities were many and varied and you can really do as much as you like or least as you like.
The restaurant was well set up with different rooms in use depending on the number of people.
The evening entertainment was good with a couple of amazing nights, been the glow in the dark party and the ice sensation night.
The resort was well run and is an ideal holiday destination in Phuket.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Starlegs
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

This was our 3rd trip 2 club med, 2nd location. We stayed 4 7 nights in January. I'd go an extra night next time. We had a few concerns before we left due to some negative reviews and went with a big first aid kit prepared for us all to come down with gastro and we were not expecting to be blown as we had been by club med in the past

The holiday, however, completely exceeded all expectations. Not one of us (2 adults,a 5 year old and 2 year old) got sick, nor did we here of any other guests we came across. We had the most amazing holiday and thoroughly recommend this place to families.

Grounds: massive lovely and well maintained. Lots of open grass space, this would b nicer if filled with some beach cabanas. The main area is set up in a very practical way where by the beach, pool, restaurant, bar and theatre are all centrally located and we loved how easy and practical this was, although it wasn't overly aesthetically pleasing.

Room: we had interconnecting renovated rooms that were modern and very clean. It was practical for kids and spacious. A balcony would have been nice though.

Pool: although we didn't use it much, as the beach is so close by and amazing, the pool was much big, varying depths and pretty to look at.

Food: absolutely amazing. blown away!

Bar: located very practically so u can over look the beach, trapeze, theatre and pool. The bar staff were extremely friendly and made fantastic cocktails, but we felt they were often under staffed and thus service could b slow at times.

Beach: absolutely stunning, crystal blue waters and white sand, lovely temperature, plenty of beach chairs. Its a public beach though, so offers no bar (although the main bar is so close anyway). You need to cross a small street to get there which is always patrolled by security and feels very safe. There are no club med water sports but some public ones down the beach.

Kids club- in Phuket they take babies. the petite club and mini club are very modern and located in the one area. They also had the option of extra hours from 9-11pm some nights for only as small extra cost for kids 2 and up. Kids had an absolute ball.

Location: in the heart of kata u can walk out of club med and across the rd are lots of local shops and beauty salons.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Kate C
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just came back from a 2 week vacation. Family of 4 kids. Just want to say that the chief of village Mehdi Kamali was the best chief of village we ever had (we go to club med since 1975), and that the Club Med location was the worst location we ve ever been to....the public beach over crowded, the noises from nightclubs near by....But we still had a great vacation thanks to Mehdi, so kind, professional, pro active, and thanks to his team. But Club Med Phuket needs to close down and why not move to the north of Phuket...quieter and more beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family