“We expected the unexpected for this trip. But we simply did not know that the unexpected would be that awesome.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Med Phuket

Club Med Phuket
Ranked #26 of 132 Hotels in Karon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

My family and I really enjoyed this trip thoroughly, mostly because of the new found friendships as well as the GOs. The GOs are the real reason why club med is known for it's name. When we first arrived, I simply fell in love with the conducive and calming environment: perfect for a holiday. The food served were also fresh and varies according to the different cultures worldwide. Thus, providing us with a lot of choices over the few days of our stay. On the higher note, i also love the utopia clubhouse and the trapeze team. The GOs in charge of the teens really act as a catalyst in helping us bond together with international friends. In addition, im also in with love the trapeze team as they helped me realize my unknown potential of doing circus stunts. Not forgetting, the snorkelling GOs, they were great hosts when they brought us to sea. Thank you very much, phuket team for this unexpected experience.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank im_chenli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

I joined the junior club , its so fun and good. Also , the food there were so delicious. All the things were wonderful! Also , all the G.O. are so nice and they are very sporty. And the room there are so clean and big . And out side of the resort are lots of shops. Everything in Club Med Phuket is prefect!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank AntonyShun
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

The spot is incredible, was there in 1986, and now, there is a breathtaking beauty of the spot, white pink sand and the coco trees. Highly recommended for people of all ages. Santa claus arrived by a chopper, kids went wild. Food is great, the new restaurant is fantastic. One word of caution, the old restaurant is... Old. We could see rats on the high ceiling strolling by. Nothing to freak out about, but they were there.

Room Tip: Its worth reserving a suite, great view and spacious
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank achille66
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at Club Med Phuket with my husband and 7-year old son from Feb. 2 to 7, 2013. This was our first stay at Club Med and it was fantastic! All the GOs were super, energetic and friendly. The GOs who gave me the deepest impression are: Jeoff, who was my golf coach; Swapnil, who was my Yoga coach; a young guy from Fujian Province of China, who was the archery coach; and the sports manager and the most energetic one, Wilson. The long list of the resort activties and sports from the morning to the mid night are attractive and keep you "busy". This was a wonderful trip experience with my family. We have decided that when we spend vacation next time, if there is a Club Med at the places that we want to go, we will stay at Club Med again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my second time to Club med. The first time was Bintan Island. It was good, but I think club med Phuket is best..

I am very impressed by every GO. Especially korean GO were the best. Gini had to go her own holiday, but she booked restaurant for me and my daughter before she leaving. Luna was very kind and she answered every question n my request. Aron made my daughter can fly(even she scared a lot of ...). CC in boutique explained in detail and gave me a good price. Alex in bar made lots of cocktail to me. hahaha...

My daughter is 8 yrs old. I was worried that she did not go to Mini club. But that was just my worry. Because Yim made my daughter enjoyed at miniclub. that made me happy, too.

I can't speak English well, but I hope you can feel my happiness in club med phuket.
Room was not good like other resort, but every GO filled gaps.

Room Tip: B area was too far from main. But you can play sports activities.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank oppagum
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

the go's are brilliant .the rooms are standard...the food is average...
when we go to club med,we go for the experience..not for the rooms or the food...the experience is fabulous and the kids love it to the point of tears when they leave....the relationships and friendships you make are special.however,the rooms could be better and the food needs a complete makeover.....
if you dont drink alcohol,then the price is not as attractive as if you do..as it is all inclusive.
the seats in the restaurants are dirty and unattractive to sit on.....the choice of apholstry fabric
was a poor one...
it could help to have an english speaking nurse on call.even in thailand they do have english speaking nurses in other resorts.....it helps and is not a nice experience to try to explain what is wrong when you have a fever and vomitting ......unacceptable

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ggodtime
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband & I had our first 'Club Med' experience in Phuket on Jan 29-Feb 3, 2013. The entire stay was very pleasant! All the G.Os whom we met were very kind, energetic, and always ready to help. The resort offered rich holiday programs with a long list of activities and sports. I want to recommend in particular the YOGA lesson in the mornings and the 'AQUA YOGA' once a week, both were taught by Swapnil, the YOGA instructor from India. The Yoga movements looked simple... but when I did it right (breath, stretch, focus, ...), I sweated a lot and got so refreshed afterwards. Tuely amazing! Swapnil was a great gentleman - young, kind, patient, and polite to everyone! I could feel that he was doing things with his kind heart and great passion. In addition to the daytime activities, the night shows and the parties were fantastic!The 'ICE Seasation' show on Saturday was awesome. All in all, we had a great holiday and will surely come back again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple