“Club Med Phuket - Fantastic Vacation Experience”
Review of Club Med Phuket

Club Med Phuket
Ranked #25 of 136 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at Club Med Phuket with my husband and 7-year old son from Feb. 2 to 7, 2013. This was our first stay at Club Med and it was fantastic! All the GOs were super, energetic and friendly. The GOs who gave me the deepest impression are: Jeoff, who was my golf coach; Swapnil, who was my Yoga coach; a young guy from Fujian Province of China, who was the archery coach; and the sports manager and the most energetic one, Wilson. The long list of the resort activties and sports from the morning to the mid night are attractive and keep you "busy". This was a wonderful trip experience with my family. We have decided that when we spend vacation next time, if there is a Club Med at the places that we want to go, we will stay at Club Med again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,206)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my second time to Club med. The first time was Bintan Island. It was good, but I think club med Phuket is best..

I am very impressed by every GO. Especially korean GO were the best. Gini had to go her own holiday, but she booked restaurant for me and my daughter before she leaving. Luna was very kind and she answered every question n my request. Aron made my daughter can fly(even she scared a lot of ...). CC in boutique explained in detail and gave me a good price. Alex in bar made lots of cocktail to me. hahaha...

My daughter is 8 yrs old. I was worried that she did not go to Mini club. But that was just my worry. Because Yim made my daughter enjoyed at miniclub. that made me happy, too.

I can't speak English well, but I hope you can feel my happiness in club med phuket.
Room was not good like other resort, but every GO filled gaps.

Room Tip: B area was too far from main. But you can play sports activities.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank oppagum
Reviewed February 4, 2013

the go's are brilliant .the rooms are standard...the food is average...
when we go to club med,we go for the experience..not for the rooms or the food...the experience is fabulous and the kids love it to the point of tears when they leave....the relationships and friendships you make are special.however,the rooms could be better and the food needs a complete makeover.....
if you dont drink alcohol,then the price is not as attractive as if you do..as it is all inclusive.
the seats in the restaurants are dirty and unattractive to sit on.....the choice of apholstry fabric
was a poor one...
it could help to have an english speaking nurse on call.even in thailand they do have english speaking nurses in other resorts.....it helps and is not a nice experience to try to explain what is wrong when you have a fever and vomitting ......unacceptable

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ggodtime
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband & I had our first 'Club Med' experience in Phuket on Jan 29-Feb 3, 2013. The entire stay was very pleasant! All the G.Os whom we met were very kind, energetic, and always ready to help. The resort offered rich holiday programs with a long list of activities and sports. I want to recommend in particular the YOGA lesson in the mornings and the 'AQUA YOGA' once a week, both were taught by Swapnil, the YOGA instructor from India. The Yoga movements looked simple... but when I did it right (breath, stretch, focus, ...), I sweated a lot and got so refreshed afterwards. Tuely amazing! Swapnil was a great gentleman - young, kind, patient, and polite to everyone! I could feel that he was doing things with his kind heart and great passion. In addition to the daytime activities, the night shows and the parties were fantastic!The 'ICE Seasation' show on Saturday was awesome. All in all, we had a great holiday and will surely come back again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheila410
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We visited the middle week of Jan 2013. After havin been to numerous Club Meds previously we were looking forward to the hospitality and food.
The resort itself is a little dated though more than sufficient when it comes to facilities,the GOs are on the whole quite good with the standouts being Guy,Swapnil,Gill and Terrence.
OK. Thats the good part.The rooms are full of mozzies,food is well below par,children everywhere grabing food,tasting it ,then returning the food to the buffet.The noise and commotion created around the main pool is far from relaxing. Aussies would not allow themselves or their kids behave like this at home because no resort would tolerate such disgusting behaviour, though for some reason as they are overseas they seemed to behave like animals , wasting food and drink as well as their anti social behaviour.......it made me embaressed to be Australian.
Once my girlfriend and i found the Zen area we were able to relax at least a little......until she was affected by food poisoning!!!
She consulted the medics in house who were more than helpfull,they seemed more than familiar with the symptoms and had the appropriate anti -biotics for us to purchase.
The best option was to book and dine at the Chu Da restaurant, where we met a number of older extremely dissapointed French couples, who could only descibe their time there as a "catastrophe".
If you are a couple wanting an upmarket, relaxed holiday, think long and hard before choosing this resort or maybe enquire when there are the least amount of children.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank kympat
Reviewed January 29, 2013

It was my first time in a club med in Phuket . I went with my family and we had spent a good time there we made a lot of friends especially the G.O.s. The day we arrived we felt like if we were in the paradise. The food was delicious and at night time i got to spent with the kids club.And i celebrated my birthday with my sister .The day we left i felt really bad that i had to leave because i had so much friends and i didnt want every thing to end .It was a awesome experience and i always talk with my friend PICKI (he is a G.O.)on facebook .i thank the whole staff and G.O.s for an awesome vacation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank frederic A
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere is very good, you can have lots of entertainment during the stay with clubmed, and everything is included which is really convenient , you don't have to think where to go for eat and for fun. Room is clean but the bed is too small.

• Stayed: November 2012