“Food Poisoning”

Ranked #21 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Singapore, Singapore
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wife and me both got diarrhea / food poisoning after eating at the resort after the 1st day. Called the reception to see if there is any room service.... apparently there is none. No offer of medication or doctor service. Luckily there is a pharmacy down the road, struggled there, get some medicine and struggled back. next 2 days spent recovering... did not eat at the main restaurant anymore.... somehow we cannot take the smell there anymore. Witnessed some hygiene issues in food handling and preparation.

We are frequent travellers to Thailand and ate at all places including road side stalls. Never before did we get stomach upset. So this hygiene thing here must be really serious to affect us.

Rooms are average... with a strong stench of baygon (insecticide).

The plus points are the activities, we did archery and having a go at the trapeze on the 1st day. ... unfortunately we are not well to do any more activities due to the food poisoning.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Seebehsian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I would definitely recommend it! We went there for our honeymoon and what a wonderful experience. The food was great! The activities were fun! Their day tours (bit pricier than on the street) was worth every penny, with a good tour guide as well as a well planned itinerary. I definitely would like to go back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Not knowing what to expect of my first ever Club Med experience, I must say I was blown away.. From the people to the activities and the meals.. the GOs were a fun bunch and so many of them were so talented.. bartenders, servers, yoga teacher by day and by night, they transform into acrobats and perfomers.. really awesome people! I was stuffed the entire 5 days I was there.. so many activites, so little time..(Muay Thai, Water polo, Archery, golf, board games etc..) I guess the best tip is to strategise and pick up what activites you want to do the night before and plan ahead so you don't miss out on activities like snorkelling (first come first served basis). Food wise, nothing much to comment, most of the dishes were edible and international. Room was cosy, but could do better with the room decor but I figured that I was only in the room for a few hours a day so heck with the decor, a good bed was all I needed. Stay on for the night activites it's really fun. First night I was there, it was limbo rock night... GOs and guests were good spot and participated.. it was hilarious and entertaining.. Tip: There's a good and reasonably priced massage just outside the property. (Green signboard)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

A friend treated me to a couple of nights here last November. We also met up with friends and their young family. As this was my first experience of ClubMed it came up to expectations. Staff great and surroundings lovely. Lots to do, esp sports. Great bar area. Access to beach just over road but this wasn't an issue. Buffet food ok, but apparently can be better. Rooms could do with a bit of a freshen up in general. Would definitely go to another ClubMed hotel again.

Room Tip: Near reception- otherwise its a long walk!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank horsforthhe
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was my 2nd time staying in Club Med Phuket. The first one was in 2010 with two of my friends. What I love about staying in Club Med is of course the GOs and the fun activities they offer to the guests ! Few of them are really awesome, very energetic, friendly, but unfortunately there was no GO ambiance around the bar at 7.15pm, looked so empty ( or maybe the GOs were having dinner in the restaurant ). And what I expected to see was the second show that normally Club Med has after the main show, unfortunately it was just crazy signs and the musicians singing. So it was quite boring after the show. The food wasn't so good, but still a great place I’d love to recommend if you’re planning to bring your family on your holidays. With their all inclusive concept, you can send the kids to Mini Club & Teens Club, the GOs / staff will organize fun activities for your children from sports, flying trapeze, archery, dance, arts and many more.

For more reviews and other budget & travel info feel free to check out : travelagys.blogspot.com

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank rendy23
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We just returned from a 14 night stay - our first at Club Med and our first trip to Thailand. What can I say, it was amazing and we were so well looked after from the moment we arrived at the airport until the time we left.
The teens club was amazing, thank you to the GO's - Mark, Diego, Nelson and the GO's that looked after our 16 & 11 yr old; Thankyou to the GO's that looked after the adults - Ainslie, Aron, Morbeen, Brendan - water aerobics, ultimate fitness, power walk, golf - all the staff were terrific and certainly made our holiday.
The band - thank you for letting our daughter, Madison sing and gain experience; the chef's, unbelievable food and the bar staff - amazing open bar, cocktails and fun every day.
I highly recommend the rooms (fridges, daily fresh bottled water), nothing is too much trouble for the Club Med staff. We checked out at 11am in the morning and did not leave the resort until 9.30pm that night and we were still welcome to enjoy all the food, activities, bars and shower at no extra cost until we were transferred in private air conditioned comfort to the airport. Thank you Club Med, we will see you again! Collins Family Oct 2012

Room Tip: Connecting rooms when travelling with kids, 2 large rooms, 2 bathrooms, great for families
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hong Kong
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was the 2nd time I stayed in Phuket club med. The 1st time was back 10 years ago, that time i was with my boyfriend, two of us spending few days in the resort. This time I went with a group of 7 including my baby girl (11 months). I was abit worried after i read some of the review here, and now I can say that Club Med did a great job to make our stay comfortable and memorable.

I can understand why some of the review saying it does not worth the money as their facilities are old. Since they charge such as high rate, they should have at least a great rooms, and everything should be new. Yes, the rooms are old, one of my bathroom door knob was missing, room amenities are basic etc. But, when you look at the soft service, their GO team has work extra hard to make your stay as enjoyable as you can. At least, my 11 months old baby was very happy, enjoying herself evey minute, she was being invited to petit club med activities, also fashion show activities.

Food was average, serving Buffet for every meal. As an adult I will find it average and abit bored. But, it was great for the baby, as I dont need to worry about what food to order for her, what can she eat and whats not. She have alot of options at the buffet, including fish and meat.

After all, club med create experience, especially great for families with kids. I will definitely consider club med as my priority when I plan my next trip with my girl. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family