Angus O'Tool's Irish Pub, Restaurant & Guesthouse
$151
$106
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Beyond Resort Kata(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$91
$82
$182
$164
  • Breakfast included
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$56
$54
Agoda.com
$117
$113
Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa(Karon)(Great Value!)
$126
$114
  • Pool
Sawasdee Village(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$134
$107
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mom Tri's Villa Royale(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$205
$183
Priceline
The Baray Villa(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$149
Priceline
Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket(Karon)(Great Value!)
$376
$264
Priceline
All reviewsbangers and mashbritish foodagreat placelive sportswinter sunexcellent showerkaron beachholiday makerschanged every daythai bahtdecent sizecable tvno liftcentral locationbars and restaurantsthird floorroom was spacious
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel, Angus O'Tools and was extremely impressed with all aspects of the hotel. The rooms were very spacious and well kept, with the most comfortable mattresses I've encountered for a while! We often ate at the bar downstairs, where the food was brilliant and affordable, whilst the service was impeccable. The location was very convenient with the shops, bars and the beach just around the corner. The staff were very friendly and helpful, a factor that certianly contributed to my overall experience of the hotel. All in all, if you are looking at staying in Phuket Thailand, I would not hesitate at all in recommending Angus O'Tools.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Beth M
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here June 2012 as a couple. Booked late on-line on the recommendation of a friend and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Am not one for staying in hotels above a bar but being on the 3rd floor was not bothered by any bar noise. The reception is the bar and the staff were all very friendly.
The room was large with TV, tea/coffee making facilities and bottled water replenished daily, Safe. The room was serviced every day and the laundry service was superb. The shower was excellent any time of day/night.
Was more pleasantly surprised when booking on line the price was 800baht per night but was charged 700 baht per night.
Breakfast was the only food eaten at O'Tools and was superb.
Location is great for bars/restaurants of Karon, Beach very close (5 min walk).

My only complaint was that I had to be at the airport for 06:00 and the receptionist could/would not organise a taxi for 05:00 and ended up seeing Mr Lucky (just along the road)who organised motorbike and trips.

Room Tip: Check out the Penthouse suite for a room with Kitchen, Jacuzzi balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GarryL3
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have never stayed in the actually hotel but I live 10 mins away and come maybe once a week for food.

What can I say there food is just beautiful, compared to other restaurants in the area its expensive but very nice. I would have to highly recommend their Sunday Roast! The only downside is you don't get mash with it, if you want mash you pay extra! They do however give you boiled potatoes, it would be great if they just gave you the option to choose one or the other!

Another thing I don't like about the place is there is one girl in particular that is extremely rude to customers. I always pray she's not serving me before I go in. Mo the head Chef/Co-Owner is allergic to smiling... he always looks miserable and can sometimes be rude, but for the sake of the yummy food you just have to grin and bare it!

Something else that bugs me is when you sit outside there are touts trying to selling you stuff such as flowers and other silly things. Me and my friends counted 40+ in one night! Very very annoying when you are trying to enjoy a meal so make sure to get a indoor table.

Make sure to try the Mince and Onion pie on Thrusday's, the Fish and Chips, the Gammon Steak and of course the Sunday Roast!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan-Katie D
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Being so close to my hotel,across the road from the Centara Karon Resort,it was always going to be my local and i was'nt dissappointed.The staff here are the best i have met anywhere.I was only a stranger the first time i walked into the premises.After my first visit it was like i was a local,they recognised me immediately,knew what i drank,were very welcoming.It's always nice to see a friendly face and believe me you will see plenty here.
The food is basic but top notch,prepared and served quickly,try the burger,when they say it's the best in Karon they are'nt kidding,served with french fries and onion rings.Delicious!!
The beer's are of a very high quality,the many t.v .screens are showing all major sports from around the world,the atmosphere is great,it's just a great pub.
Maurice,one of the owners was so kind as to let us view one of the rooms and i will most certainly be staying there on my next visit to Karon.Spacious,clean and well kept,just around the corner from the beach(2-3 mins),everything else more or less on your door-step.
My overall impression was that it was an excellent place to enjoy a pint,meet people and enjoy some good,decent food at very reasonable prices but my abiding memory will be of the staff,their attention to the customers,their friendly attitude to all and their willingness to be of help.I cant wait to go back.Maurice,the Belfast boys will be back.Thanks.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank frank m
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I stayed here with my family (3 generations) and we were all very impressed. O'tools is great value fir money and situated just around the corner from the beach with great amenities right on the doorstep. The rooms are impeccably clean, serviced every day and are spacious. There are free tea/coffee making facilities available and bottled water is left in the mini fridge every day. The staff are very friendly and go out of their way to accommodate every need. The food is also great. The menu is extensive and serves traditional British food. After 5 months in Thailand my son really enjoyed Sunday lunch and my dad was grateful for a pint of guineas!

• Stayed: April 2012