“Gorgeous hotel, fantastic stay.”

Beyond Resort Karon
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We stayed at Karon Beach resort and spa for ten nights. I picked this resort after reading online reviews and am glad I did. It was fantastic to be greeted with a smiling face every time we entered or exited the main doors. The room was spacious, the bathrooms slightly small but comfortable. Housekeeping was clean and prompt, but I found if you were not out of the room in the morning the room was not always done. We had a ground floor room which was great for pool access, unfortunately you could not swim after 7pm and this was the time we seemed to always return from shopping. The pool bar was ridiculous, in a separate area from the main pool and the staff were not helpful and ignored you even when nobody else was there. We also had a room next to the outdoor shower and toilets which meant in the morning it was best not to open our curtains until we were dressed and showered and the room was tidied! The restaurant seemed over priced so we did not eat there, the breakfasts were yummy but I sometimes felt as if you were rushed to eat and leave. The main entrance seemed to be the parking lot and was somewhat underwhelming and often slightly uncomfortable as there were people lounging about out there. English was obviously not a first language for staff but they certainly tried to help out as much as they could. Ive picked out most of the negatives to highlight what was not great, but overall we really enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend to anybody - maybe not so much of a romantic retreat but a good family holiday.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed January 10, 2011

The rooms with terrace and sea view are comfortable although the furniture is rather outdated.
The biggest strenght of this place is the fact it is located right on the beach and therefore you can access it directly.
The restaurant serves good food for the lunch at affordable price.
The friendliness of the staff (especially at the reception and at the breakfast) could be much better and must be improved.
As it is still too often the case, internet connection is chargeable, what is not really fair according to the standard of the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2011

This is my 2nd time in Phuket so I wanted to make it extra special in returning with my 2 teenagers and mother for the Christmas period , I was told to book this Hoitel as it was the 'Best' !!!,
On arriving after a 12hr flight we had to find the reception area to bewildered staff who didn't seem to know who we were, finally given the room keys which we had find ourselves, we were not told or shown the hotel amenities, personally I would of liked information on breakfast times, air-con info, internet room, where I could get the pool towels from etc,
The rooms were a little small especially the bathrooms, every evening I had to find the housekeeping trolley and restock myself ie: toilet paper, coffee sachets, complimentary water, I don't know what the chambermaids did in my room because I made the bed daily.
The other un-friendly staff were the Pool bra area which is the only bar in the hotel, Happy Hour made me laugh, one occasion there were 7 staff no customers and I had to wait as least 5 mins to be noticed it seemed to be the social room for them.
The breakfast staff were ok if you got your own coffee, The chef Pol was great and always remembered how you had your eggs, Also Come the BellBoy was a welcoming smiling face compared to the rest of the staff.
LingLang should not be allowed this position as Manageress, I figured out quite quickly that because I did not have a man with me I was not even worthy of a smile and was completely ignored, another occasion i asked her for a tomato (great tip for bad sunburn) which she asked me my room number and was charged for !!!! something I could of just whipped off the buffet cart.
The Hotel location is great , right on the beach, perfect when holidaying with all age group and the food fantastic, but if you want what you pay for stay elsewhere.
There are plenty of fantastic hotels in Phuket Karon beach area with great smiley staff larger room so shop around. just dont stay at Karon Resort & Spa Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank bellaa94
Reviewed December 19, 2010

First time to Phuket we looked through plenty of resorts on the internet. We chose this one as it was right on the beach! We chose good!!! Basically, This place is amazing! The Room: We first arrived to our room which was very clean and very nice. The view was absolutely incredible. We looked down on the pool and out to the beach. (sunsets amazing) The room was cleaned everyday and a perfect job they did! The food: The breakfast restaurant was perfectly located looking down on the beach. The food was very nice and the staff very friendly. The 'On The Beach Restaurant' is incredible, Location location location!!! The food cooked perfectly and the seafood buffet we went to was amazing! Dining on the beach with great food, what more could you ask!! The Staff: Ok so english isn't perfect, but your in a country where they don't speak much english. They do try and we found the staff could not do enough to make our stay more perfect, they are very friendly and very helpful. Having the beach right there really made the stay perfect. Being able to just stroll down to the beach without having to cross a busy road was great. Also if you didn't want to pay for a lounger on the beach, You could lay on the resort ones by the pool which had the same view. Cocktails from the pool bar were great, never seen cocktails like it! The location of the resort is not only on the beach but right next door is a minimart which is great for buying water (and cheap alcohol) Also only a short walk is cheap shopping and heaps of restaurants and food places (A must, is Dino Park). Overall I have given everything a 5/5 and when we do go back to Phuket (which we will) we will definitely be staying here!! RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank frayfray44
Reviewed December 11, 2010

We stayed here recently for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It has a fantastic location by the beach with great views from both the room balcony and the open air restaurant/bar in the evening. Lots of shops/ restaurants and transport links within walking distance. We stayed half board and had decent breakfast options. The evening meal was a bit hit and miss with certain days full of variety (the buffets) and others quite bland with minimal choice from a set menu. In retrospect a bed and breakfast option would have been better with a variety of other venues being near by. The staff were very helpful with no complaints. The strength of this place is undoubtedly the location, with lots of construction taking place around Karon which will have no impact on this hotel due to its proximity to the beach. Despite the price and excellent hotel which we will certainly go back to.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 10, 2010

There are not many hotels in Phuket that has the beach right at the doorstep. Those that we scoured for were quite expensive, which was one of the reasons why we opted for this one. We managed to secure the ground floor room, which has direct access to both the pool and the beach! Very safe - we could see security patrolling our rooms even in the wee mornings. There are also plenty of restaurants outside the hotel. The only drawback was that there were only a couple of channels that were in English - basically only the news channels and Nat Geo. The rest were in Thai. We had to look for entertainment via DVDs that we bought outside the hotel. *lol*

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank azlynna
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We loved this resort. Beautiful views from our balcony, direct access to the beach, great pool with swim up bar. Not too many people hanging out by the pool so it was peaceful and relaxing. This is one of the few truly beachfront resorts in the area. The staff was wonderful. Always friendly and helpful. In fact, I was shocked a few times to see how nasty some other people were treating the staff for absolutely no reason other than they were miserable people to begin with. The breakfast service was very nice but we found that we needed to get there early since the rude patrons tended to eat around 9:00 a.m. and they would push and reach over at the buffet and cut in line at the omelet station. My daughters and their friends are visiting Phuket in January and they will be staying at this resort because of our recommendation. The surfside restaurant is very good as well.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple