the hotel is lovely, clean, & spacious with extremely friendly staff. On our arrival we were greeted with wet towels & complimetary drinks while checking in. The open-air reception area is very appealing with a Thai influence (unlike some of the newer hotels
ultra modern & minimalist)
There is approx 90 rooms in the hotel so it has a laid back appeal without the hustle of larger hotels. A small air conditioned bar area (but watch out for the 17% service charge on the hotel food & drinks!!) Small but adequate gym & reasonalble priced restaurant
The pool is lovely with a pool bar, pool jacuzzi & water features with enough loungers, umberellas & seating facilities.
Sea Sand is situated on the Patong rd right across from Karon beach which is long but narrow. During our stay we unfortunately never had the opportunity to swim in it due to Red Flag alerts all down the coast - dangerous undercurrents & with a 12 year old son found this a little disappointing!
Rooms - large & well equiped, beautiful bathroom with bath & shower. Very large beds, plenty of TV channels, well stocked mini bar & tea, coffee & complimentary water daily. The rooms were cleaned & changed each day with pool & beach towels provided. Our balcony overlooked the pool area & had table & chairs overall probably the nicest room we had stayed in.
I would definately recommend Sea Sand resort Hotel
Now for Karon Beach - very small, quiet resort with not a lot going on & in bed most nights before 10.30pm. Few family bars or restaurants but this could have been due to the low season & some establishments closed until September. On the up side it did make us explore the surrounding areas & travelled to patong, kata & Phuket town on the local bus for only 30Bahts.
If you prefer a lively night I'd recommend Patong although there is plenty of 'girlie bars' there is also plenty of 'family bars & eating places' without the smut! Cheaper shopping with more choice than Karon Beach
Kata is the prettier of the resorts but again not much going on in the evenings. More shops, cafes & bars than Karon with a smaller beach but at least we had the opportuntiy to swim in the sea.
Overall great holiday, lovely hotel but the resort lacked variety with not much going on ok for a brief stay while travelling the island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa boasts beach front vistas of the spectacular azure waters of the Andaman Sea, endless expanses of golden sand and beaches and awe inspiring evening sunsets. We provide the perfect location & accommodation, offering our guests all the comforts & luxury they have come to expect from the minute they walk through our door. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa offers a culturally diverse selection of dining options from intimate a la carte dining to room service and takeaway. Exercise in our fully equipped gymnasium, swim laps of our pool, enjoy relaxing massages & beauty treatments, inspire & develop your culinary skills by enrolling in one of our Thai or Indian cooking classes. At the end of the day, relax in our tropical surrounds enjoying a refreshing cocktail, listen to mood music from our resident entertainers as you watch a spectacular sunset and the closing of another day in paradise. Karon Sea Sands offers guests traditional Thai hospitality complimented with modern facilities & amenities. Our professional, experienced and courteous staff are on hand to look after your every need and to ensure that your stay with us is a pleasurable and memorable occasion. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, your ultimate resort destination, and we are in the right location! Situated on the south western seaboard between Kata and Patong, Karon is 60 minutes from Phuket International Airport, 15 minutes from Patong or a 30 minute drive to Phuket Town. Our resort is situated within easy walking distance of Karon’s shopping centers, markets, tourist attractions and nightlife venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karon Sea Sands Resort And Spa
- Karon Sea Sands Hotel Karon
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa Phuket