We stayed at the resort from 16th to 21st October 2013. I am glad I booked a pool access room as it was on ground floor level and easily accessible. The rooms whilst a little dated were extremely clean and comfortable. The bed was a little hard and would benefit from a mattress topper to help with our backs. Breakfast could be improved by adding some extra fruits and some spreads such as vegemite and peanut butter. Staff were accommodating as my husband was unwell and sleeping and were able to give me an extra power and air-conditioning key to keep him cool whilst I went shopping. I would recommend purchasing the extra WiFi internet package as one hour a day free soon disappears .I had an excellent massage and body scrub in the day spa and would recommend highly. For a three star resort, the grounds and staff were lovely.
Not sure if I would return to Karon to stay again as we preferred the convenience of staying in Patong and just popping in and out of our other resort as desired. Taxi's we found were very expensive to travel in this area and around Patong in general.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa boasts beach front vistas of the spectacular azure waters of the Andaman Sea, endless expanses of golden sand and beaches and awe inspiring evening sunsets. We provide the perfect location & accommodation, offering our guests all the comforts & luxury they have come to expect from the minute they walk through our door. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa offers a culturally diverse selection of dining options from intimate a la carte dining to room service and takeaway. Exercise in our fully equipped gymnasium, swim laps of our pool, enjoy relaxing massages & beauty treatments, inspire & develop your culinary skills by enrolling in one of our Thai or Indian cooking classes. At the end of the day, relax in our tropical surrounds enjoying a refreshing cocktail, listen to mood music from our resident entertainers as you watch a spectacular sunset and the closing of another day in paradise. Karon Sea Sands offers guests traditional Thai hospitality complimented with modern facilities & amenities. Our professional, experienced and courteous staff are on hand to look after your every need and to ensure that your stay with us is a pleasurable and memorable occasion. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, your ultimate resort destination, and we are in the right location! Situated on the south western seaboard between Kata and Patong, Karon is 60 minutes from Phuket International Airport, 15 minutes from Patong or a 30 minute drive to Phuket Town. Our resort is situated within easy walking distance of Karon’s shopping centers, markets, tourist attractions and nightlife venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karon Sea Sands Resort And Spa
- Karon Sea Sands Hotel Karon
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa Phuket