We stayed here from 8-12 December. The hotel is a very short walk from the beach (across the road) and is very well located in Karon. To the left of the hotel is the plaza, and to the right is the main road with shops, restaurants and money exchanges. We did not have to use a taxi to get around (except if we needed to leave Karon) as everything is in walking distance. It has a true holiday feel about it and the rate includes a good buffet breakfast, and pool (with swim up bar). The rooms are large, comfortable and clean if a little dated. We stayed on the fourth floor and had no complaints at all about sound. We did have one incident where the cleaner knocked on the door to clean our room shortly after we had returned from a couple hours at the beach. The whole time we were at the beach the “please make up my room” sign was on the door however it seems that they left our room till last as when I asked the cleaner for an extra 15 minutes to get ready to go out she reacted very negatively and appeared to complain to the other staff member who was nearby. Apart from her rude reaction all the other staff we encountered were pleasant. If your considering reading on the beach or in your room, please take note that the hotel did not have any books in English, only Russian and other languages. The hotel offers 60 minutes free wifi a day but anything above that is charged (eg 200bt for 24 hrs). This is a minor inconvenience as most local restaurants have free Wifi for their customers if you need to do anything online. All in all we loved our stay in Karon and will definitely return. We would be happy to stay at Karon Sea Sands again.
A word of warning about two nearby businesses. Green Chili is affiliated with the hotel and offers 10% discount to hotel guests. Notwithstanding them failing to honor the 10% discount offer as we had left the leaflet in our room, their food was awful and service poor. Sunny’s Boutique a clothing store on the street in front of the hotel doubles as a laundry agent. As per all laundry services in Thailand the cost is charged on weight not items. Sunny’s scale which he keeps under the counter away from customer eyes is set on 500 gms meaning that you will pay for an extra 500 gms with each load. We got the impression that this was not an accident. The actual cleaning is also substandard and most of our clothes came back wrecked in some way (colour stained etc). This is expected to some extent with these types of services but just be aware and don’t send any good clothes to get washed this way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa boasts beach front vistas of the spectacular azure waters of the Andaman Sea, endless expanses of golden sand and beaches and awe inspiring evening sunsets. We provide the perfect location & accommodation, offering our guests all the comforts & luxury they have come to expect from the minute they walk through our door. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa offers a culturally diverse selection of dining options from intimate a la carte dining to room service and takeaway. Exercise in our fully equipped gymnasium, swim laps of our pool, enjoy relaxing massages & beauty treatments, inspire & develop your culinary skills by enrolling in one of our Thai or Indian cooking classes. At the end of the day, relax in our tropical surrounds enjoying a refreshing cocktail, listen to mood music from our resident entertainers as you watch a spectacular sunset and the closing of another day in paradise. Karon Sea Sands offers guests traditional Thai hospitality complimented with modern facilities & amenities. Our professional, experienced and courteous staff are on hand to look after your every need and to ensure that your stay with us is a pleasurable and memorable occasion. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, your ultimate resort destination, and we are in the right location! Situated on the south western seaboard between Kata and Patong, Karon is 60 minutes from Phuket International Airport, 15 minutes from Patong or a 30 minute drive to Phuket Town. Our resort is situated within easy walking distance of Karon’s shopping centers, markets, tourist attractions and nightlife venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karon Sea Sands Resort And Spa
- Karon Sea Sands Hotel Karon
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa Phuket