Pay for what you get comes to mind. This hotel is not a 5 star but is clean and comfortable. The staff were great and it is well located for the beach etc. Although it was self rated at 4star, they are well short of this.
The pool is long and thin and there are limited banana lounges so you will not be finding that secluded corner to relax. I would imagine this would be much worse in the high season. Take this as a resort to meet people and have fun rather than a big resort with a pool complex like the Rawai Palm Beach resort designed for relaxation.
Pay WiFi was annoying, they provide a half hour free per room and then charge exhorbitant rates per hour after. When considered with the price of their washing services you cant help but get the feeling that you are being taken for a ride. Another negative was the fact they rent out their DVD players, for a $40 item in Australia why wouldn't you just include it in the room ($$$$$$???) The coffee shop (Andaman coffee) around the corner has free WiFi if you buy a coffee, and the coffee is great.
There are plenty of tailors around this location and we utilised two to get suits and cashmere coats made. One tailor made errors but came good in the end, the other got most of our order and did a fantastic job, perfect fit and quickly done for 3 ladies buisness suits, 1 men's suit and a jacket each. He is located in a shop which is in the back of the open air restaurant in the driveway (opposite the massage)' trading ad Harry's fashion and we dealt with Dave.
There is a market about 300m up the road in the opposite direction to the roundabout, it is called the Karon Plaza. Nothing flashy here, they are just stalls selling the usual t-shirts, sunglasses etc, good if you want to avoid Patong. Stalls also exist if you keep right at the roundabout.
Mali seafood was a great restaurant we tried which was past the roundabout (straight through) and around the next corner. Fresh seafood (on ice!) which you pick and pay for then they cook in front of you. The food is brought to your table after it has been cooked. The tables overlook a lake in an open air restaurant, very quite surrounds. They do all sorts of food, both Thai and Western if seafood is not for you.
GG's restaurant just outside the driveway does great pizzas.
For the cautious diner - Both of these restaurants were great and we did not have any gastronomic issues after any visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa boasts beach front vistas of the spectacular azure waters of the Andaman Sea, endless expanses of golden sand and beaches and awe inspiring evening sunsets. We provide the perfect location & accommodation, offering our guests all the comforts & luxury they have come to expect from the minute they walk through our door. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa offers a culturally diverse selection of dining options from intimate a la carte dining to room service and takeaway. Exercise in our fully equipped gymnasium, swim laps of our pool, enjoy relaxing massages & beauty treatments, inspire & develop your culinary skills by enrolling in one of our Thai or Indian cooking classes. At the end of the day, relax in our tropical surrounds enjoying a refreshing cocktail, listen to mood music from our resident entertainers as you watch a spectacular sunset and the closing of another day in paradise. Karon Sea Sands offers guests traditional Thai hospitality complimented with modern facilities & amenities. Our professional, experienced and courteous staff are on hand to look after your every need and to ensure that your stay with us is a pleasurable and memorable occasion. Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa, your ultimate resort destination, and we are in the right location! Situated on the south western seaboard between Kata and Patong, Karon is 60 minutes from Phuket International Airport, 15 minutes from Patong or a 30 minute drive to Phuket Town. Our resort is situated within easy walking distance of Karon’s shopping centers, markets, tourist attractions and nightlife venues. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Karon Sea Sands Resort And Spa
- Karon Sea Sands Hotel Karon
- Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa Phuket