“Enjoyable & Memorable”

Ranked #100 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
“Enjoyable & Memorable”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We had booked a Junior Suite having full sea view. The room size (living as well as bedroom) was fantastic with two balconies over looking the sea. Toilet size was also good. Amenities were adequate but since they have made a kitchenette sort of space, they should also provide a hot plate so that something can be prepared for children. The decor was fine mostly with polished wood finish. However, linen quality was not up to the mark. Also wi-fi was not available during our stay, and, it was chargeable (quite exorbitant). For upgraded rooms they should make it free. Breakfast was adequate but there is scope to widen the choice a little bit. And, for guests checking in late say, after 11 pm, there will be no food available....so take your own stock of dry foods for the night. If you want to reach the sea beach from this hotel, just cross over the road.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We wanted to be near friends who were staying at The Old Phuket but were
quoted exorbitant prices to stay there, so we walked down the road to Karon
Princess and glad we did. For less than half the price we had large rooms, big
balconies and closer to the beach than our friends. The rooms are clean and
the only drawback was the shower stalls were a bit dated, but they did the job.
The pools were nice and clean unfortunately the pool bar was closed when we
visited. Not a bad place and will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brandondebeer
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Been over 7 years since me and my husband stayed there. But until today I can remember the way it was. It was a good spacious room, beautiful pool (longwards) and definately would stay again. Just pleasant staff, and it was my husbands birthday, they gave a complimentary cake (but big) and walked singing happy birthday to him while he was in the pool. They just made the atmosphere special.

Obviously from reviews i have read, they may have changed the staff or some of them. But i have to comment as it until today makes me remember nice times.

Location good too.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amaryska
Oslo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel. I chose it for its location and price. Staff did not walk around and smile all the time, but still my experience is that they were very helpful and very friendly. And when I forgot my wallet in the reception they immediately phoned to my room and asked me to come and pick it up. Great!

I noticed some people who did not behave well towards the staff, and I guess it is hard to smile and be polite to people who do not behave... In my opinion, it looks like some of the other tripadvisor reviewers are not very fair towards the hotel staff.

I loved the Spa at this hotel. It is really worth a visit!

Room Tip: Check out the SPA.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Roger M
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Wish we hadn.t booked this hotel. The reception staff were surly. The restaurant staff couldn't raise a smile. The breakfast was very average and the cups and saucers were stained or chipped. The room ( deluxe ) was a good size but the lighting was totally inadequate. Worst of all was the bathroom, the shower had paint peeling of it , the glass needed a good clean and there were areas of mould .
The whole hotel looks sad and old , it needs an update and new staff.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris D

Travelers are raving about these Karon hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Got the hotel at a very good rate through Sawadee so was not expecting too much, but seeing as only staying for 2 nights not too bothered. Had a good stay at this hotel. Stayed in the 2nd block away from reception (rm 2207) and was very happy with the room. Large, clean with a balcony. Two very comfortable twin beds (as requested), clean sheets. In-room safe and mini fridge which we used to store our own drinks with no problems. Good powerful shower. Lots of eateries very close to the hotel-come out of the hotel and turn left and you will find that the 1st street on the left, which you cannot miss is full of restaurants. We ate at a couple - chose the busiest and had good food. Reception staff always helpful whenever we asked for anything and we arrranged both airport pick-up and drop-off with reception, both trips without any problems. Across the road from the beach, as are all other hotels around here. Would stay again. Stayed for 2 nights, beginning August 2012.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WorldRoamer59
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I didn't stay in the hotel so can't comment but we ate here and my advice is DO NOT! The service was absolutely shocking - they forgot my order and my husband had already eaten. When I complained it was like water off a ducks back. He also got really bad food poisoning from the so called 'fresh seafood'.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple