“First Time in Phuket. Bought 2 suits.”
Review of Sunny Boutique

Sunny Boutique
Ranked #18 of 35 Shopping in Karon
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“First Time in Phuket. Bought 2 suits.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Hardest part is knowing which tailor to trust in phuket. They are everywhere. The ones that yell at you on the sidewalk I wouldn't give the time of day. To me it just yells cowboys and desperate and undignified.

Sunnys Boutique are trying to improve their Trip Advisor ranking as Mr Jee Wan told me (hence why I am here writing a review). Because they don't want to be dogs on the sidewalk looking for business. They want people to come to them for their reputation (which they are building).

Another couple told me that they are very good, so I sat down and had a chat. I ended up buying 2 suits (jacket and pants) for $12,000 Baht. I know this isn't the cheapest you can get...and I know I could have negotiated the price down to $10,000 Baht if i needed to, but you've got to be fair and reasonable with price if you want quality and speed with product.

My suggestion is to go see 3 other tailors and get their final price (and checking their materials, linings, turn over time and number of fitments) before going into the store that you actually intend to buy with. You'll get a better feel for what price is cheap, appropriate and expensive for the work being down.

Moving on, I had 3 fitments done to check the jacket and pants were the cut and sizes I asked for. As someone else said - ensure you order your suit at the start of your minimum 5 day stay in phuket otherwise you'd be pushing to get it done on time. These guys are good and quick at tailoring but they're not magicians. They need a day or two after every fitting to make progress on the suit.

I also got my name embroided on the inside of the jackets. Cost me extra 200 baht for both suits. Lovely.

And he also hand delivered it to my hotel room an hour before we flew out for our trip.

Payment was made half at the start and half on delivery. At one point he had all my money and my suits in his possession. Was a bit nervous but he pulled through in the end. You have to remember that this is a shop on the beach front. It's not going anywhere. It's not in some back alley or market place.

And as someone else said - in theory he has my sizes now and so I can order online. I expect the price would be less since he doesn't have to fit me anymore and can take his time making the suits too. (excluding postage costs).

Shane.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Saba R

Perth, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Remember to haggle! Good quality”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

I went into sunny boutique during our 5 day stay, I went in on the second day of our stay and showed two pictures of the two dresses I wanted. I was told it would cost $400 in total for both dresses. At the time I thought this was a bit pricey however felt it being tailored and all it would be worth it. Went ahead the dresses were worth the money however I didn't realise you could haggle inside the tailors I thought it was the same rule that applied to department store but have since found out this is not the case. I wouldn't normally pay that much for two dresses so wish I would have haggled however the quality is very good and the shop man did two fittings then delivered the other two dresses to me at my hotel on the day we were leaving at the time he had specified in the shop. This tailor is definetly worth a visit if you are thinking of getting something made. Im Very happy with how my dresses turned out.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank kchaisiriclark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent advice and service”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Went here through tripadvisor advice. Had a suit and dress made. Excellent clothes made and staff were great. Had 2-3 fittings before picking up our garments. Definately would go again.

1 Thank Shan A
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“SUNY boutique”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Mr. sunny is reliable person I ever met. During visiting with him, he is punctual in his every process. The staff of this is very friendly as well as helpful. They are ready to help in 24 hours. I am really impressed their services and workmanship very much. Highly recommend !

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Romeochat
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Suits and dresses for you...”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

First of all....we picked these guys because they did not harass us on the street to buy...unlike most of the other tailors in the area. We felt very comfortable throughout the entire shopping experience.
Mr Jack and Mr Jee Wan were very accommodating when we walked in the door. We flicked through some style books to choose what we wanted then negotiated the price. We came back the following night for a fitting. We were quite impressed, so we ordered a couple more items to be made. We went back for two more fittings before we picked up our new tailored clothes.
It takes about 5 days from start to finish (depending on what you order) so make sure you visit at the beginning of your stay.
We had made 1 suit, trousers, 2 dresses and 2 shirts - which cost us about $660NZ.

They also keep your measurements on file for up to 5 years so you can order any further clothes over the internet and they will ship to you.

Please note that all the clothes from the tailors are made off site so don't expect Haute Couture.

Visited October 2013