My partner and i stayed at the Marina Phuket for five nights the last week of February 2011. We stayed in an ocean view bungalow and thought the property was really splendid. They really do a nice job of keeping up the expansive property with it's jungle setting. They provided large flat screens with free internet.
I was concerned it was going to be remote, but it was perfectly situated at the best end of Karon beach at the Kata beach boundry. Lots of restaurants, shops, convenience stores, etc, were right outside the main entry. Plus the beach was a quick walk down from our bungalow. To maintain such a property in humid Thailand must be such a great effort and my applause to the hotel management.
Their restaurant "On The Rock" was a pleasure and reasonably priced, I thought.
Breakfast, which was included, at the Thai Sala restaurant was very nice and they gave us a free dinner one night at that restaurant. It was quite good.
If I ever return to Phuket, I'd not think twice to book at the Marina Phuket
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Phuket Resort is perched on a headland at southern end of Karon, among the finest of Phuket's famous west-coast beaches. The Deluxe Villas overlook the beach and the Andaman Sea. All guests have direct access to Karon Beach and can enjoy snorkeling right out front of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and Ctrip TA so you can book your Marina Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Phuket Hotel Karon
- Marina Phuket Karon
- Marina Phuket Resort Karon