On our recent Thailand trip this was our last port of call before returning home. We chose to stay in one of the Grand Villa Rooms and it was very comfortable and well appointed. It overlooked the beach and we were treated to some interesting lightning displays on two evenings from over the ocean.
The pool was area was impressive but very much land-locked amongst the luscious rainforest surrounds. Unfortunately its location meant it got virtually zero natural breeze, or wind, which would make it extremely hot in peak season. We chose the beach instead.
The resort had almost finished a major reno and I can imagine the finished reception area would have been quite spectacular when the water features were finished.
It was a surprise, and somewhat disappointing, that there was no in room dining, gym or spa facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Phuket Resort is perched on a headland at southern end of Karon, among the finest of Phuket's famous west-coast beaches. The Deluxe Villas overlook the beach and the Andaman Sea. All guests have direct access to Karon Beach and can enjoy snorkeling right out front of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marina Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Phuket Hotel Karon
- Marina Phuket Karon
- Marina Phuket Resort Karon