Loved this resort. Really great location. Right off the beach and right near Kata - shopping and restaurants. Staff we wonderful. The pool was a little cold, and shut down at 7pm!! I love a quiet resort but i kind of like late night swims. Breakfast was great. Stayed in jungle room, was a really nice room . Wish we were able to get an ocean view room.
Now for Phuket. Was a wonderful experience, gorgeous beaches and islands, we saw monkeys and starlight in the ocean, canoeing through hongs, and did a tour in the province above and went elephant trekking and zip lining. But the roads are TERRIFING - almost to the point of it kind of ruined my trip. The drivers are horrible - although i must say the transfer drivers from Marina were really great. Also some of the travel locations are super packed - Patong and James Bond Island - don't recommend James Bond Island. All it is a small island with shops on it and no room to walk becuase there is so many tourists. In phuket there is a lot of asking for money - a lot! Take a picture with your own camara of this and pay 200 baht. Some kid helped me in a cave find some bats - after paying to get into the cave - he asked for 200 baht - i gave him 20. And the town of Phuket not work going to. There is nothing there. We walked around the streets looking for shops and restaurants... not much at all! Took the local bus which was a nice experience, but should have just took the next bus straight back.
Phuket was a wonderful experience but wouldn't go back. Might recommend staying longer then a week in this province. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Phuket Resort is perched on a headland at southern end of Karon, among the finest of Phuket's famous west-coast beaches. The Deluxe Villas overlook the beach and the Andaman Sea. All guests have direct access to Karon Beach and can enjoy snorkeling right out front of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd and Ctrip TA so you can book your Marina Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Phuket Hotel Karon
- Marina Phuket Karon
- Marina Phuket Resort Karon