We stayed at the Marina Phuket from the 26th June-9th July. Being low season they were offering 50% off their normal rates making the ocean view room at very attractive $150 US per night.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay however there were some minor issues over the course of our stay which they could possibly improve upon.
- We paid for an ocean view room and were lucky enough to get a fairly good view of the ocean with a few minor obstructions from the vegetation. However the view from the room next door to ours was completely obstructed and shouldn't be sold as ocean view. There were a few like that so be mindful when booking.
- Cleaning of the room was done daily, however I had to ring and ask them to do this on a number of occasions. Not good to come back to room in the afternoon having been in the sun all day only to find the room still unmade. Although the maid replaced the shower gel for some reason they never replaced the bar of soap....little odd!
-Airconditioner was quite often either freezing or not working at all. We had a few power blackouts and at first I thought this caused the problem with the air conditioning, however I would set it to the same temperature and some nights it too warm others we were freezing.
- There were renovations on the Sala Thai restaurant and then the day before we were to leave, they started renovations the building next to ours. I already new from reading these reviews that the restaurant was being renovated however it should be published on their website and if they are going to carry out renovations right next to other rooms then the occupants should be warned. Luckily it was our last day otherwise I would have been more upset.
-As someone below mentioned, the rooms are not particularly large and it surprised us that there were quite a few families with children staying there as it doesn't have any child friendly facilities.
- The beds were very hard however the staff were very quick to have a mattress topper fitted for us and after that I slept really well as it was lovely and soft!
It is a beautiful resort, right on the south end of Karon Beach. We enjoyed our breakfast overlooking the beach every morning and the staff at breakfast were lovely. It is also in a great location for exploring Karon and Kata, with so many shops, restaurants and massage places close by. We also loved the baby elephant and the squirrels, lizards and other wildlife you see all throughout the gardens! So all in all I definetly think we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marina Phuket Resort is perched on a headland at southern end of Karon, among the finest of Phuket's famous west-coast beaches. The Deluxe Villas overlook the beach and the Andaman Sea. All guests have direct access to Karon Beach and can enjoy snorkeling right out front of the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marina Phuket Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Phuket Hotel Karon
- Marina Phuket Karon
- Marina Phuket Resort Karon