“Choose a smaller venue”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Choose a smaller venue”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Mali chic seafood operates as a large chain and is aimed towards pleasing westerners who aren't visiting Thailand for a true Thai experience. Much better food & local service is found in smaller establishments throughout Karon & Kata beaches (as well as elsewhere throughout Thailand). Avoid the chains, go for the small local guy that gives you a good vibe - food will be fresher, cheaper & served with a genuine smile.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jane M

• Thai first
Middlewich, United Kingdom
“Slow service, made my daughter ill”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided to dine here after a trip to simon Cabaret in patong. The restaurant looks lovely from outside. Th service was very slow. I received my basic thai noodle dish quickly but it was very bland and not impressive. My daughter ordered fish and chips, this arrived when I was half way through my meal. She also ordered a blue raspberry slush which looked to be separating, we put this down to the heat and the ice melting. However she was ill all night following this, it was the only thing she had that could of caused this. When my daughter and I had finished our meals my husbands arrived. It was not a red snapper that he ordered and tasted odd. He refused to eat it. The staff did allow us not to pay for the fish.
The atmosphere was drastic, they as a bad cd playing through crackling speakers which made it feel like something from a bad sit com.

I would not recommend this restaurant

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Elliedill
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A nice venue for an evening meal, some of the best food we had on Phuket. Unfortunately it was a very quiet night for the restaurant so it lacked a bit of atmosphere the night we visited. Very good service, efficient and friendly staff.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great deals”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Wednesday and Sundays is 50% off on food, which is fantastic. Thank you for the great service and top notch live music!

Visited July 2013
Hoddesdon, United Kingdom
“Good food but poor location.”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

During our stay in Karon we was recommended this place. Looks ok from the outside but once in it's not the best. Half the place is closed down. With the new lake out the back the place was a mare for mosquitos. Having said that the food was very good. If it was closed in with air conditioning then I would rate alot higher.

• Visited May 2013