1,379 results
All reviews karon beach beach bag free wifi changed daily reception staff air conditioner sister hotel great holiday swim up bar noodles welcome drink tuk tuk egg station yogurt happy hour edward thailand
Reviewed February 19, 2010

We have just returned from Thailand having spent 10 days at this hotel. The hotel was full and on arriving at midday after travelling for almost 25 hours we were asked if we would like to stay in a hotel in Patong for 2 nights with a free spa thrown in. We declined this offer and had to wait to wait until 2 pm for our room but once the room was ready and we settled in we found everything was wonderful. The location is excellent. It is just across the road from the beach which is lovely with warm seas and sand like talcum powder. ( you had to wear shoes to walk to and from the sea however as it was really too hot to walk on.) Another little extra the hotel did was to give you a beach bag to use on the beach which was really useful to put your towels and bits in. The staff at the hotel were lovely and really friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast had an enormous choice and there was something for everyones taste. Whilst we were there it was Valentines Day and the hotel was decorated beautifully for the occassion as it was most nights. The rooms were quite basic but they were spacious and they had everything that we needed . I think I particularly liked this hotel because it was not too big. Having stayed in a large hotel in Patong previously where I felt I could have been anywhere in the world I particulary wanted a smaller hotel on this holiday. I enjoyed the peace and tranquillity of the hotel and would definately not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seym7
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We were welcomed with a nice smile and a welcome drink, and we continued to be pleasantly surprised of the value this place offered. It's not a very new hotel, but it's in a good location if you want to stay at a more quiet beach in Phuket. The hotel room was quite okay, but not the nicest in our trip around Asia. There were no point in asking for a sea-view room, as the hotel is not close enough to the beach to get anything out if it. But what made this hotel a winner in Phuket, was the staff and the food. We were really happy with out choice. But if you want a bit more luxury, there's a nice hilton hotel just a few hundrer metres down the same beach.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I stayed here with my mother for 5 nights on the way back from a longer holiday in australia. Yes the hotel is a little tired - could do with a re paint but is very clean and the staff were very friendly. Food was nice and breakfast covered just about every variation.

Fellow hotel guests nationalities were very varied whilst we were there which may be why you need to check the waiter has understood your request.
Its a quiet hotel there is some crooning with the evening resturant service. Prices are more expensive at the hotel than in the resort but not horrifically so and only as you'd expect at a hotel as opposed to a beach bar.

Room was large - there are larger suites also which looked nice.
Included was beach towels changed every day, beach bag, sun lounger towels, robes, slippers, umbrellas, toiletries, bottles of water. I would say though a little tired it is a 4 star hotel if you are used to international travel.

There is a very small gym - one running machine, stepper, bike, cross trainer and weights bench is light and has a view onto the pool so wasn't too bad.

The hotel is situated on the main road between Karon and Kata but closer to Kata. The beach is lovely with beach huts where you can buy food and drinks. The resturants on the main road in front of the hotel are cheap and excellent as are the food sellers on the road. Compared with Patong this resort is very quiet - though is still a holiday resort so expect shops, bars, resturants etc. As for someones earlier comments about prostitutes - the streets with the bar girls etc are obvious and you can avoid this. This is after all Phuket and if seeing a middleaged european eating in a resturant with an obviously hired young Thai offends you, this is the wrong holiday destination for you.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We spent 5 nights at the Andaman Seaview over the holidays. The bathrooms are bit tired but regardless the rooms were very clean. The food at the hotel was very good, breakfast buffet was excellent & dinner was good.
We found most times the wait staff were wandering around with plates of food not knowing what table ordered what at night time?
Not sure what the issue was but couldn't have been that bad since we ate there 3nights.
The staff is very nice and the hotel has a perfect location to beautiful Karon Beach. We had a blast lighting off fireworks at night there as well as sunning and swimming in the daytime.
I would like to check out Karon Beach Resort next time, nice beach area and the food was good when we ate there one night.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2010

This hotel is in a good location just across a busy road to the beach. It is not 5 star but does not claim to be and I think that i got it at a decent price but would not have paid anymore. The staff are friendly and polite, the rooms a good size and clean and the breakfast was good. I liked the little things like the beach bag, clean beach towels every day and 3 bottles of water. Phuket itself is not an idyllic/romantic location. Patong, Karon and Kata are all really built up. I have travelled round Thailand twice and love the country, people and food, but I found it is now over commercialised. The beach at karon is full of deckchairs and parasols, vendors trying to sell you things and although they are not that intrusive the beach is not that special (it does make a lovely squeking sound when you walk on it). Trips to Phang Nang Bay and Phi Phi were disappointing, over crowded and they should have limit on the speed boats that go out each day. I have been to Phi Phi twice and it was one of my favourite places but it has all changed. The best bit about the holiday was the people and the food. The restaurants just outside the hotel are great as long as you don't mind having to share a table on occasions.
Although I have nothing bad to say about this hotel, my personal view is not to go to Phuket but try and find some other place in Thailand that is not overly commercialised.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple