“Appearance is Decieving!”

Andaman Seaview Hotel
Ranked #21 of 133 Hotels in Karon
“Appearance is Decieving!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here last week in March 2013, fantastic room/views. Air Con is a must! All appears to be a very good hotel, until you start to look deeper.....
The rear sliding door is very hard to close/lock.
Dirt/Hair found on floor.
Big gaps in front door + you don't feel that it's properly shut.
Worst of all, Being bitten by Bed Bugs.
I didn't realise till I got home and visited quacks. Feel really dirty afterwards. I put it down to Mosqutios!
Don't look under the bed!

Other than this, Andaman Seaview was a very pleasant experience, staff are very friendly, food is good.

• Stayed March 2013
9 Thank Tourholidays

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Andaman Seaview hotel for a week in march this was an excellent hotel Charles the man in charge was wonderful and so obliging , we found they couldn't do enough for us , wonderful and beautiful hotel highly recommend.

Room Tip: all rooms excellent
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank Yvonne K
Perth
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Travelled to Phuket 2 weeks ago with my son and husband. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the staff were very nice. They got know my son's favourite room service order - cheese pizza, no sauce! Having the pool just off the balcony was great, my son loved jumping straight into the water! However the tiles on the balcony and in the room were a bit too smooth, they got very slippery when they got wet. Also, the lighting in the shower area and the room in general could have been brighter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank chris513
Austin, Minnesota
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We are big family stay 2 weeks as before visit Thailand choose hotel we find looking hotel in website in tripadvisor I read all comment share experience at your hotel made me wont to tried stay . I arrived around afternoon reception serve cold welcome drinks and excellent welcome with me and my family i had 2 child they kindness to my child's. My family cant speak English very well but not problem when we check in . My room very very clean in my room they set small bad for my child we stay 3 floor in 1 superior and 1 Deluxe .
Your staff ning show me around in the room told me how to use and gave more information. I remember when i read comment i find her name in many share comment i told her about this netter she big smile very nice . Hotel staff surprise my son birthday at pool bar with flower and took picture and gave picture next day .

I like party in your hotel on Christmas day very good location and good foods all hotel staff made us special time in Thailand , we love swimming pool staff at pool bar very nice service . Breakfast a lot of food and fresh fruits on my last day We unhappy dont want back home but i will come back stay here again soon as soon possible thank you Andaman Seaview Hotel made our holiday special thank you ning thank you staff at spa and lady took our picture everyday :))

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Lindaben C
Welsh Newton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the only life threatening problem I encountered about my trip to Phuket that scared the hell out of me. It's only before we landed in Bangkok, that I realized I forgot the most important thing of my life, which is my hypertension medication that I maintained for 5 years now. I felt really scared knowing that Thailand have different medications and dosages that my doctor prescribed me in the UK.

When we arrived at Phuket Airport, I was expecting that the hotel is just a 5 to 10 minutes drive from it. But we still have to travel for an hour to get there. When we arrived at the hotel we quickly went up to the reception and got ourselves checked-in really quick. So glad that all the staffs are friendly and smiling and the orange juice they serve at the lobby is very good and fresh.

However, I was so scared and I don't know what to do if my hypertension starts to bother me without my medications. I went down to the reception late at night to ask if there's a hospital nearby just in case when I need to. I got so lucky because one of their receptionist is also a registered nurse from the Philippines. I told him everything that he needs to know about my health and he assesses me very well. He told me everything about the do's and don'ts for my health which is exactly what my doctor told me back home. After that, he got a piece of paper and wrote down the name of the medication that I may temporarily take while I'm still in Phuket and luckily it's also the exact name of the medication that I have back home. I rushed to the pharmacy to buy some but they didn't have it exactly as I expected. I went back to the hotel reception and the Filipino nurse told me that he will just help me find my medication, but all hope was lost for me that night so I just went up to the room trying to sleep it out.

The following day in the afternoon, the Filipino nurse approached me with a very smiling face telling me that he had found my medication and bought me 21 pieces which us just enough for me to take until I Check-out. That was the most relieving part of my entire life that I will never forget. And I will never forget his name is Jerome, the Filipino nurse that saved my life. I've never felt so safe and relaxed staying in this hotel and I will definitely come back soon. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank Alphamale_13
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had booked Andaman seaview Hotel Phuket for seven nights. When we came to hotel we received worm and homely welcome. welcome drink our luggages/bags happily moved from minibus to storage.
Reception staff are excellent,efficient and professional attitudes. We still remembers few staff's names, Matta very polite and helpful,Ning, ,jutharaf, Ms Irish very accurate and kind. while check in hotel they noticed my wife's birthday is during our stay at hotel, they gave her suprise cake + buckey of flowers at midnight as we are leaving next day. thanks lot for that treats.
We are very happy to stay at Andaman and like to recomandate to our friend and relations. Hotel's location is very near to Karon beach, clean and well mainted rooms and pools + kitchen/dinning area. WiFi is free at lobby+ room. Airconditioed rooms and gym/library. We like to thanks lot to Matta who took care of us until we got in to car for airport. we give 10/10 really is value for money and pleasure.

Room Tip: all room are fine as per location and near bye. Ground floor has easy access to pool.!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank mohan l
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is one of the nicest hotels I've been to,from the minute you get out of your taxi the hotel staff can't do enough for you, the reception area is a delightful area and the rooms are well presented, the view from our balcony of the sea and round pool were wonderful and a nice place to sit and have a cool drink after a day by the pool or beach before going out for the evening and when you come back to see the shrimp boats on the horizon or watch the Chinese lanterns float of into the night sky,both pools are nice but we preferred the island sun are one they all get some sun during the day depending how much you want depends which one you choose , the breakfasts were varied and plentiful and although we ate out every night the hotel menu looked good,and the outside restaurants are just as varied and plentiful and very reasonably priced the beach is a 2 minute walk from the hotel and worth a visit, I enjoyed this hotel so much I regretted having to pack my bags to go home and hopefully one day I'll make it back there

Room Tip: 401 418 will give you a lovely view of the sea and island pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple