“Enjoyable stay at the Andaman”

Andaman Seaview Hotel
Ranked #21 of 137 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Travelled to Phuket 2 weeks ago with my son and husband. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the staff were very nice. They got know my son's favourite room service order - cheese pizza, no sauce! Having the pool just off the balcony was great, my son loved jumping straight into the water! However the tiles on the balcony and in the room were a bit too smooth, they got very slippery when they got wet. Also, the lighting in the shower area and the room in general could have been brighter.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank chris513
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We are big family stay 2 weeks as before visit Thailand choose hotel we find looking hotel in website in tripadvisor I read all comment share experience at your hotel made me wont to tried stay . I arrived around afternoon reception serve cold welcome drinks and excellent welcome with me and my family i had 2 child they kindness to my child's. My family cant speak English very well but not problem when we check in . My room very very clean in my room they set small bad for my child we stay 3 floor in 1 superior and 1 Deluxe .
Your staff ning show me around in the room told me how to use and gave more information. I remember when i read comment i find her name in many share comment i told her about this netter she big smile very nice . Hotel staff surprise my son birthday at pool bar with flower and took picture and gave picture next day .

I like party in your hotel on Christmas day very good location and good foods all hotel staff made us special time in Thailand , we love swimming pool staff at pool bar very nice service . Breakfast a lot of food and fresh fruits on my last day We unhappy dont want back home but i will come back stay here again soon as soon possible thank you Andaman Seaview Hotel made our holiday special thank you ning thank you staff at spa and lady took our picture everyday :))

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank Lindaben C
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is the only life threatening problem I encountered about my trip to Phuket that scared the hell out of me. It's only before we landed in Bangkok, that I realized I forgot the most important thing of my life, which is my hypertension medication that I maintained for 5 years now. I felt really scared knowing that Thailand have different medications and dosages that my doctor prescribed me in the UK.

When we arrived at Phuket Airport, I was expecting that the hotel is just a 5 to 10 minutes drive from it. But we still have to travel for an hour to get there. When we arrived at the hotel we quickly went up to the reception and got ourselves checked-in really quick. So glad that all the staffs are friendly and smiling and the orange juice they serve at the lobby is very good and fresh.

However, I was so scared and I don't know what to do if my hypertension starts to bother me without my medications. I went down to the reception late at night to ask if there's a hospital nearby just in case when I need to. I got so lucky because one of their receptionist is also a registered nurse from the Philippines. I told him everything that he needs to know about my health and he assesses me very well. He told me everything about the do's and don'ts for my health which is exactly what my doctor told me back home. After that, he got a piece of paper and wrote down the name of the medication that I may temporarily take while I'm still in Phuket and luckily it's also the exact name of the medication that I have back home. I rushed to the pharmacy to buy some but they didn't have it exactly as I expected. I went back to the hotel reception and the Filipino nurse told me that he will just help me find my medication, but all hope was lost for me that night so I just went up to the room trying to sleep it out.

The following day in the afternoon, the Filipino nurse approached me with a very smiling face telling me that he had found my medication and bought me 21 pieces which us just enough for me to take until I Check-out. That was the most relieving part of my entire life that I will never forget. And I will never forget his name is Jerome, the Filipino nurse that saved my life. I've never felt so safe and relaxed staying in this hotel and I will definitely come back soon. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
10  Thank Alphamale_13
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had booked Andaman seaview Hotel Phuket for seven nights. When we came to hotel we received worm and homely welcome. welcome drink our luggages/bags happily moved from minibus to storage.
Reception staff are excellent,efficient and professional attitudes. We still remembers few staff's names, Matta very polite and helpful,Ning, ,jutharaf, Ms Irish very accurate and kind. while check in hotel they noticed my wife's birthday is during our stay at hotel, they gave her suprise cake + buckey of flowers at midnight as we are leaving next day. thanks lot for that treats.
We are very happy to stay at Andaman and like to recomandate to our friend and relations. Hotel's location is very near to Karon beach, clean and well mainted rooms and pools + kitchen/dinning area. WiFi is free at lobby+ room. Airconditioed rooms and gym/library. We like to thanks lot to Matta who took care of us until we got in to car for airport. we give 10/10 really is value for money and pleasure.

Room Tip: all room are fine as per location and near bye. Ground floor has easy access to pool.!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank mohan l
Reviewed March 14, 2013

this is one of the nicest hotels I've been to,from the minute you get out of your taxi the hotel staff can't do enough for you, the reception area is a delightful area and the rooms are well presented, the view from our balcony of the sea and round pool were wonderful and a nice place to sit and have a cool drink after a day by the pool or beach before going out for the evening and when you come back to see the shrimp boats on the horizon or watch the Chinese lanterns float of into the night sky,both pools are nice but we preferred the island sun are one they all get some sun during the day depending how much you want depends which one you choose , the breakfasts were varied and plentiful and although we ate out every night the hotel menu looked good,and the outside restaurants are just as varied and plentiful and very reasonably priced the beach is a 2 minute walk from the hotel and worth a visit, I enjoyed this hotel so much I regretted having to pack my bags to go home and hopefully one day I'll make it back there

Room Tip: 401 418 will give you a lovely view of the sea and island pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank gezzaboy
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We (three adults) booked four nights in this hotel, having stayed there last year. We had requested a high floor, but they could only offer us a ground floor room, so they wanted us to stay at another hotel (Peach Blossom, Karon) for the first three nights. This was rather inconvenient as we had to move out and come back to the Andaman for the last night. By way of compensation, the Andaman gave us a free set menu dinner for those three nights and promised us "the best room in the house" for our last night. They regarded the move to Peach Blossom as an upgrade, but we definitely didn't think so (see our review of the Peach Blossom). It was further from the beach, up a steep hill and involved moving between two buildings. To be fair, they gave us a bigger room for our last night than the one we had booked, plus free wi-fi.
The Andaman is a nice hotel. Reception gave us drinks when we checked in and the staff were all friendly and helpful. The food was good (and the pancakes from stall at the entrance were as delicious as ever). It was just disappointing that we could not settle into one room at one hotel for all of our stay.
We would recommend the Andaman Seaview, but maybe not the Peach Blossom.

Room Tip: Room numbers ending in 15 are the biggest.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Pompeyman
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stay here 5 days in January first check in front staff good take care with drinking water and cookie . I knew this month is hight season I saw group Russia check in same time with us but your staff professional greeting them. I'm lucky don't move to another hotel . your staff Tiky and Ms.Kedsarin very kind friendly good take care ne and husband always I stay here . the room classic and clean can see swimming pool from balcony . I cannot remember all staff in hotel but the made me Andaman is my Home I will be back thank you.

• Stayed: January 2013
8  Thank Alexandry
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
Seaview Patong Hotel
#17 of 337 in Patong
Karon Sea Sands Resort & Spa
Horizon Karon Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Andaman Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!