“Excellent (includes 2 year old review!)”

Andaman Seaview Hotel
Ranked #21 of 135 Hotels in Karon
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We spent 9 days at Andaman Seaview at the end of July 2012. There was myself, my husband and our almost 2 year old daughter. I used tripadvisor when reviewing where to stay in Karon and all the comments about the staff was what made me choose Andaman, and I can 100% agree that the staff are just fantastic. Extremely helpful and they were all wonderful with our daughter. It was good to ask them how much we should pay for a taxi, or where to go for different things. They took photos of our daughter during our stay and emailed them to us!

We were in a superior room which suited us fine. We were provided with a cot free of charge. The was a sitting area (a little hard to explain but a 2m x 1m knee high bench under the window) where our daughter was able to put her colouring books and toys, making it a great play area for her. The rooms are very clean and the airconditioning is great.

The kids pool is 0.4m which was ideal as our daughter could happily paddle without needing to hang on to mum or dad. There are also 2 other pools, so the variety is great. There is a box with floaties and balls etc to play with in the pool, so this was good for our daughter also. Swimming towels are provided (both in the room and on the chairs at the pool).

Breakfast was fantastic with a great variety. We only ate dinner once in the motel, preferring to try different places within walking distance. I couldn't get over how wonderful the Thai people were. In most restaurants, they would cater separately for our daughter, such as mash with vegies and meatballs (much better than nuggets and fries!).

I am aware that there are other motels in Karon that have childrens play areas, but they are in the more pricy range, and we needed to budget. I am extremely happy with the value we got at Andaman, and we didn't need a play area as our daughter made her own in our room! The motel does have babysitting, but we didn't use it, for no other reason than we were happy to take our daughter everywhere with us. I would have no hesitation leaving her in their care.

Overall our experience was fantastic and I can happily recommend Andaman Seaview.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kim B

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel feels slightly faded but that adds to its charm.It is veryclean, white washed with blue doors. The room service and the food are excellent. The breakfast is an opulent banquet.. The staff are great. The swiming areas and the rooms are clean and very pleasent.

I bashed my toe off site and Ning and the team looked after me with great care and attention. they cleaned and dressed my cut regularly and gave good advice for looking after myself in a hot climate.

The in site Massage spa is more expensive than the little on road spas, but my husband and I both loved our experiences.We were treated with such care an attention it felt like a real privalidge

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tessa W
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 10 day stay at the Andaman Seaview Hotel, our time there was wonderful, the staff really made the experience. We were made to feel so welcome by every person in the hotel from the Hotel manager to the maintenance!!! The hotel itself was beautiful, it is gorgeously maintained, the gardens are immaculate and the pools are outstanding. What you see in the pictures on the hotel website is exactly what it looks like (but better!).

We stayed in a deluxe room which faced the pool with a view of the ocean in the background. The room was very light and airy with air-conditioning, two televisions and a big bathroom, and very spacious, with a sitting (lounge area) and a separate bedroom. The room was clean, and there were pretty touches like little orchids in the bathroom. The Wi-Fi connection was really good (it was not free but fairly cheap).

The best part (next to the wonderful staff at the hotel) is the location. Karon is about 10 min from Patong and has a beautiful beach just over the road from this hotel. It is worthwhile staying here, as opposed to the overcrowded area of Patong, you will still find shopping, restaurants and a few attractions in the near-by town of Kata (little Kata is just 5 min walk and big Kata is a 5 minute tuk-tuk ride) minus the excessive crowds and tourists. Being our first time to Thailand, we organised all of our tours and found out about the local attractions at the hotel (having done very little research before leaving home). The staff were incredibly helpful and we were able to charge every tour to the hotel, which made life alot easier.

Lastly, the food at the hotel was outstanding (and good value for money). Wonderful fresh produce that was prepared and presented beautifully. We took the Thai cooking course that the hotel offers, where the Executive Chef (Mr Bancha) and his Assistant Chef (the wonderful Pierre) teaches you how to cook 5 thai dishes, which you then get to sit down and eat.

Overall, a beautiful hotel, with excellent service!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Gabi M
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I recently returned from a great Phuket holiday with our two children, Kayli (12) and Waldo (10). We stayed at the Andaman Seaview purely by chance and it ended up being one of our most pleasant hotel experiences ever. Our spacious rooms on the ground level were exceptionally tastefully furnished and the best treat for the kids as they entered right into the swimming pool. The hotel staff were really what made the Andaman Seaview 5-star! they are the epitome of friendliness and efficiency. The assistant operations manager, Ning, succeeded in making us feel at home to the point where we consider her and many of her staff as our Phuket family!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground level are the best young ones.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very good service, the staff & management really went out of their way to make our stay a memorable one. Looking forward to go back again. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Kayning
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Very friendly service with great rooms and menu options. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank JNSearle
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I can not fault this hotel on anything! Absolutely brilliant service.

Hotel is clean and there is always staffs ready to help with smile.
I do not have a single bad comment to make on the staff, they will go out of there way to help you. The first night we stayed there, we were extremely jet lag and woke up starving, at 1am! So we went for a walk around the hotel to find as expected, nothing open. At the hotel the night manager put a room service order in and within 10 minutes we had a lovely meal.

They helped telling us average price of taxi's and lots of local information if asked.

Bedroom: Lovely and lots of space. The best air conditioning I have experienced any where in the world!!! No exaggeration. It was like walking into a fridge :D
Clean and tidy, all room's have a balcony space.

Bathroom: Clean towels changed everyday. There is a bath and a shower and both worked well, no problems this area.

Breakfast: Lots of variety of hot and cold food options. Lovely omelettes made with your choice of ingredients. Loved the fruit selection! Cereals available and lots of different fruit juices.
There were lots of places to sit and food was replaced often.
Ohh and they had Thai food selection available too but most those dishes had meat in them. Didn’t try the Thai food for breakfast.

Lunch: We had lunch there soon as we arrived to the hotel; food was nice and well presented. Drinks are a bit expensive better to have those during the happy hour.

Location: If you want the nearest shop selling drinks, tobacco, crisps etc, once you’re out of the hotel onto the main road turn left and there is a 7/11 about 5mins walk away. There are lots of restaurants there as well; we ate at the seafood place just next to the hotel, two chefs and the pizza place next door to Dino's mini golf. I would recommend the Pizza place out of all. But I have separate reviews for those.

If you turn right, cross the road and walk to the second taxi stand, we found their prices most reasonable and they were willing to negotiate taxi fares. We trusted them and made all our journeys out of Karon with them during our stay. There is also a girl called Annie who works there, she drives a white Honda Civic I think. Patong we paid 200-250Bahts and Phuket town 500 baht (30 mins drive away).

Get a Thai massage from a hotel. I had one near Red onion restaurant and was in pain, then the day before we flew out to Bangkok another one towards kata beach and the lady trapped a nerve in my shoulder. Please be careful.

Cleaner lady was a bit rude but I don’t think it has any bearing on the rest of our experience at Andaman seaview.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony, Third floor give you a better view of the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Sweet786
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karon
Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa
CC's Hideaway
CC's Hideaway
#4 of 135 in Karon
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa

Been to Andaman Seaview Hotel? Share your experiences!