1,369 results
All reviewskaron beachbeach bagfree wifichanged dailyreception staffair conditionersister hotelgreat holidayswim up barnoodleswelcome drinktuk tukegg stationyogurthappy houredwardthailand
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We recently stayed at the AndamanSeaveiw Hotel on Karon Beach in Phuket, Thailand. The hotel is charmingly pretty; the rooms are large and very comfortable, and the restaurant is good. The hotel is also situated across the road from one of the prettiest beaches in the Phuket area.

The real reason to stay at the Andaman, though, is the staff. They are simply wonderful -- from the moment we arrived in the lobby until a group assembled on the sidewalk to wave good-bye, we felt as if we were special guests. Everyone is determined to make your stay a happy one; the very few requests we had (extra pillows, a special table in the restaurant) were immediately satisfied. The staff is courteous and professional and more -- they truly value their guests and make one feel welcome and wanted.

Younger patrons who want to be in the heart of clubs and nightlife might find the location a little quieter than they like, but it's a short taxi ride to the center of the action in Patong Beach.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank A Linda M
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We visited the Andaman Seaview between the 17th and 29th of October for the second time.

I must admit that we generally dont re-visit many places but we enjoyed the experience at the hotel last year so much we rebooked to visit again this year.

When we first arrived we recieved a very warm welcome from the staff and it was almost as if the staff recognised us from our first visit.
Our room was a beautiful suite on the third floor that was extremely clean with all the facilities that you could wish for. On arrival in our room it was an especially nice touch to have fresh oranges delivered to us.

As the first week whent on we felt as if we were VIP guests and I was celebrating my Birthday on the 22nd October and when we returned to the room that evening there was a Birthday cake (with candles) waiting for me.
I was convinced that my wife had arranged it but she denied all knowledge of it. I can only asume that the staff had noted my Birth date (Thank you).

In the second week we were due to visit Bangkok for the later part of our holiday but it had been reccomended that we should not go due to the floods.

We asked the reception staff if we could stay on and they were more that happy for us to stay. In fact they did everything possible to help us as we had been a little stressed with the situation.

Needless to say the rest of our holiday was spent at the Seaview and in retrospect we had made the best descision and loved every minute of it.

In summary, The Andaman Seaview has to be one of the friendliest, welcoming, cleanest hotels we have had the pleasure of stating in, the food is brilliant and the staff cannot do enough for you.

We would highly recommend this hotel if your looking for a quality, relaxing holiday.

Best wishes and a big Thank You to all of the staff at the Andaman Seaview Hotel.

Hopefully we shall be staying with you about the same time next year

Thanks

Alan and Elizabeth Pepper

Room Tip: We have had suites and normal rooms, they are all good. There is no noisy part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Diver637
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I am a hotelier's daughter and have travelled extensively. This is one of the best , friendliest and most stunningly attractive hotels I have ever stayed in. The friendly and excellent service provided by the staff was superb.

On this occasion, I was travelling alone, but it was a fantastic experience. The breakfast buffet was huge, varied and in general terms suberb.

Sitting on my balcony, overlooking the Indian Ocean was like being in paradise. The hotel is close to the resort but quiet.

I have no critisism at all

Catriona M

Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank catrionaa
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Arrived 05-10-2011,had an awesome stay,buffet breakfast was excellent.Staff very friendly and efficient special thanks to Jennifer who was an absolute honey in giving us guidance in terms of directions & places to go to.We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants value for money.
My wife and I will definately be back.Thanks to Jennifer and all the staff you guys ROCK.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Leslie H
Reviewed October 19, 2011

My friend and I opted to go to this hotel on an offer of an upgrade from a sister hotel. What a delight the hotel was! We arrived after a 2 week tour of Thailand, so we had seen how the Thai people were helpful and friendly. The hotel is set back from a main road, just over the road is a nice beach, however we walked to Kata and onto a calmer, smaller beach (turn left out of the hotel and keep walking up to the right).
The staff were brilliant, and could not do enough for us. Always helpful and smiling. The hotel was spotless, and work was being done to areas, painting, re doing decking round the pool area, but it was not a problem, rooms appeared to be re decorated too.
The hotel was not overly busy, although there were a lot of Russians staying. (Unfortunately some were not very polite and were rude to staff). The breakfast was fabulous, a great choice of fruits, cereals, breads, pastries, an egg station, bacon etc and other foods which us English found a bit odd for breakfast! At lunch time they had an a la carte menu and also a 190 bt meal menu.
Just outside the hotel are some restaurants that are cheap and cheerful. Always busy, such a shame the hotel restaurant ,for the evening, was more expensive than some local restaurants. We may have used the hotel if the prices has been more competative.
The rooms were excellent, there was a hair dryer and tea/coffee making facilities.
Karon was a much quieter place than Patong, where we had moved from.
I would love to go back to this hotel, not overly big, which was nice.
Thanks to Sylvia on the front desk who sorted out a few problems for us.
Thanks to everyone for a fab time, wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends