“Clean, comfortable and friendly, can wait to return.”

Ramada Phuket Southsea
Ranked #103 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Brisbane, Australia
“Clean, comfortable and friendly, can wait to return.”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

As soon as I arrived at the resort I found a modern, clean, fresh resort, the staff were kind, helpful and welcoming. They had been keeping a close eye on my son, who originally booked the room, and then had a motorcycle accident, hence my arrival. Bowie, Art and Nicholas took wonderful care of us especially when we needed it the most, all the staff were friendly and supportive, even assisted with interpreting and translating. In fact this boutique hotel has the owners in residence and I am aware that they personally checked on my sons welfare, giving our situation their personal attention, ensuring that we were taken care of not only at the hotel but also with the authorities. Not often in my travels have I ever felt such a personal touch.
The rooms were great, at the end of a hot humid Thai day I am looking for a clean room with air conditioning, a comfortable bed (and they were very comfortable) with clean sheets and clean running hot water, too easy, the rooms were all that and more.
Karon beach is only a 5 minute Tuk Tuk ride from Patong, (party central), so its perfect for a relaxing holiday and for those who want to party. Lots of families stayed there while we were there with lots of swimming in the beautiful pool.
The resort is beach front, however Karon central so only a short walk away to the shops, bars and restaurants, or the markets on Tuesdays and Friday nights where you can try some wonderful street food or buy the cutest pair of sandals for a song!. Try Phuket town markets on the weekend for the best duck noodle soup this traveler has ever eaten. I should also mention breakfast what a feast, included in the cost of accommodation was a breakfast buffet that was filled with fresh fruits and a wide variety of hot breakfasts, very very good.
We found the rooms not only lovely cool and clean, but quiet which is perfect for someone recovering from an accident or for those getting over a hard night at Patong, excellent either way for a good nights sleep.
I cannot wait to return to this wonderful little resort, with its beautiful friendly staff. The land of smiles is a beautiful place and this little gem is a special slice of heaven where they will look after you and you can relax knowing your in great hands.

Room Tip: Book on the internet for the best deal.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank 255068Susan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We booked,my girlfriend an I a two-week trip to Phuket ,Karon Beach..Throuhg our travel agency we got a superior room at South Sea Resort.
Though that particular room did not quite satisfy our tast and needs,so it was easily changed to a georgeous delux-room...
This hotel is actually a boutique-styled hotel,not too big...very modern and amazingly in scandinavian style decorated..This was quite different from the other hotels were i stayed on my previous trips to Thailand...The service was smooth and polite ...excellent indeed...all our wishes were fullfilled in a second...and we had a lot of fun with the staff....So i can really recommend this to anyone...specially those who want a near location to the fantastic Karon Beach...And I learned a new hobby...parachutegliding....These comments from an elderly lady from Finland

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank maj58
bristol england
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This hotel is not as nice as it looks on the web site, staff are pleasant on arrival but from then on its down hill!! cant get cup of tea coffee at breakfast for love nor money and they love to charge you for your 2 free waters per day via room service. When you ask them to do/ challange anything it really is a waste of time and you cant help but feel they take the mick with squeezing every last penny from you! Good location from the beach but this hotel has been listed as a 4 star on some sites but it really isnt. You can stay in the hotel next door (movenpick) for the same price as one of there room over looking the pool. We paid for an upgrade but we were still overlooking a green brick wall!! there are aprox 35/40 sun loungers for over a 120+ guests and every one puts there towels out before 6:30 and they then go off for half / whole the day and i saw many a conflict as some one had dared to move them!! hotel was just ok but if service lets this place down. Not worth the money........Go next door!! I also didnt see one person use the spa which says it all. I also paid for a room for 4 people (2 dult 2 kids) and when we got there there was only three beds so i shared a bed with my three year old who i paid full price for!! i could have a put up bed FOR A EXTRA CHARGE!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank 0117ruby

Travelers are raving about these Karon hotels

Norwich
Reviewed February 7, 2010

We have travelled many places around the world and would say our best holiday was in hua hin Thailand so when we booked to go to the south sea resort karen inThailand we thought we could not go wrong, we could not be more wrong .The hotel has got to be the most unfreindly unhelpfull place,s we have ever stayed, the staff were the worst ever and the hotel can only be described as a dump. We did travel in june so it was quiet and perhaps the staff were in thier could,nt care less mode ,not really the right attitude if you want customers to come back, It did put us off but as Bangkok and Hua Hin were so fantastic I think we will definetly pay Thailand another visit.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank John W
Iraq
Reviewed November 24, 2009

The room had a Closet with safe, a bathroom with tub/shower combo, a bed, a dresser, a plasma TV, a sofa and a balcony. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was simple and excellent. The beach across the road was clean, great sand, and plenty of chairs to rent at 200baht per day.

So much to do in Karon/Phuket that we were not in the room much at all. The taxi service is expensive, minimum charge of 300 bht (compared to Bangkok, 35 bht), but the motobike rent is very cheap (200 bht per day).

I absolutely loved Karon/Phuket. I could retire there! The room was great, but I think that for the price and for what time we spent inside, we could have saved probably half the rate for the week and stayed elsewhere. I am not complaining... I love every minute in Phuket and Karon

Word of warning: If you go on a day trip to Phi Phi (PP) Island, pony up the extra money for the speed boat, or spend the night and and enjoy the island. We took the regular ferry, it was 2.75 hours of travel each way and we only had 2 hours on the island to get lunch and a swim. I wish I would have booked 3 days on the island and 4 in Karon. Just my 2 cents... oh and the private charter speed boat on the island is only 2000 bht for a day, rediculously cheap for the boat and crew and tour.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple