I am certain this hotel was absolutely gorgeous about 60 years ago, but unfortunately it has not seen any upkeep of rooms since then I daresay, as the rooms were in a terrible state of repair. Cracks, dirty walls, a revolting bath - mainly because it had paint peeling off of where you are supposed to sit and so it looked very dirtry although I think the cleaners are not at fault because I saw one cleaning a bath thoroughly it just looks dirty because of the old state it was in (which was the most disappointing of all as I was so looking forward to relaxing in my lovely bath, as I dont have one at home). Everything in the room including the furniture looked old and in dire need of a renovation. Also, when I arrived and looked out my window I was faced with a view of the rusty old decaying backs of the rooms and airconditioners of the units in front of me. Luckily I was able to move to another room with a poolside view within a couple of days, but the state of the rooms was just as bad. My phone also used to ring at ungodly hours of the morning but no-one was there when I would answer it. Obviously wake up calls for other rooms were patching into mine - very annoying to say the least. The grounds were okay, but could also use some better maintenance to really get it up to the standard I am sure it used to be in. The hall-ways were in shocking states of disrepair. My first breakfast at the buffet was also a nightmare, as there was actually no seating available for me, and when I alerted the staff that I had no-where to sit down, they just shrugged and walked away. I walked around for half an hour with my plates before anyone left a table so I could have a seat. I was not informed of any of the services, which unforttunately I discovered by mistake my last day and morning at the hotel. One thing that I was happy about is that it was focussed on eco-tourism, and the staff were generally friendly. I can see it used to be a beautiful and classy hotel, but it certainly is no longer worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few steps from Karon Beach at an unrivalled beachfront location, Thavorn Palm Beach Resort offers colonial style rooms set amidst lush, tropical gardens, 45 mins from Phuket International Airport, 10 mins from Patong Beach and close to major attractions. Having dedicated most of the extensive grounds to green areas, the peaceful grounds feel secluded, yet with local bars, restaurants and amenities within easy walking distance, you are never isolated and enjoy the best of both worlds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thavorn Palm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thavorn Palm Beach Hotel Karon
- Thavorn Palm Beach Karon
- Thavorn Palm Beach Resort Phuket/Karon