This was our 6th stay in Karon, and our 5th stay at Thavorn Palm Beach. Coming back to the wonderful garden after having stayed at Orchid just around the corner from Thavorn last November was really nice. The garden is so nice and with all the flowers being planted we cannot wait to get to see the many colours. The renovation has helped a lot to some of the problems. There is now no problems with warm Water, no matter when you take af shower. The room are much stylier and up to date. We had a topfloor room on 3rd floor that was a Little bigger that the ordinary rooms, which we liked a lot, but the 4th floor is better, as the view over the sea is excellent up there. The staff is almost the same and still very friendly, and it seems like more people speak English, even though the Russians are dominating the hotel. That is really not that bad as the clientel has changed from the last couple of years. They (Russians) are behaving much better and we didn't have any problems at all, as the sometimes can be rude.
Some issues : The 2 big swimmingpools are not using the overflow system and the many leaves gets stuck in the pool and in the afternoon they can be a little dirty on the surface. But hopefully this will be fixed.
The prices for the rooms have gone up, but the prices on the hotel (bars and eating) are still the same.
The locals seem to be a Little tired ióf the Russians as they don't spend so much Money in the shops and the restaurants seem to have problems with people not paying.
We still like it though, and would only consider goint to Phuket if we can stay at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are one of the best Karon Beach Resort in Phuket. Being located right on the beachfront, we are only a few steps from Karon Beach. Relax amidst the spacious, tropical surroundings at an unrivalled beachfront location only 40 minutes from Phuket Airport. We are also 15-minute drive away from the iconic Patong Beach. Having dedicated most of the extensive grounds to green areas, this Karon beach resort feels secluded, yet with local bars, restaurants and amenities within easy walking distance, you are never isolated and enjoy the best of both worlds. Lose yourself exploring the magnificent splendour of the tropical orchid gardens, find your own peaceful, uncrowded space at one of our four swimming pools or relax in the comfort of our elegant, colonial style public spaces. Our Karon beach resort will truly give you a memorable Phuket holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thavorn Palm Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thavorn Palm Beach Hotel Karon
- Thavorn Palm Beach Karon
- Thavorn Palm Beach Resort Phuket/Karon