Thavorn Palm Beach Resort
$23
$162
$106
  • Pool
The Yama Hotel Phuket(Karon)(Great Value!)
$42
Official Site
Sugar Marina Resort - FASHION(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$61
Agoda.com
$150
$146
  • Pool
The Beach Boutique House(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$59
$50
Hotels.com
Mandarava Resort and Spa(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
$276
Chanalai Flora Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$41
$40
Official Website
Sugar Marina Resort - ART(Karon)(Great Value!)
$55
$34
Trip.com
Chanalai Romantica Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
1,151 results
All reviewsold siamorchid gardenwindsong restaurantcoffee talkciao bistrothai traditionfive poolsmorning breakfastduty managerpool barbeautiful hotelthe hotel managerreception desktour deskrestaurant staffgreat holidayspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2011

sawasdekha. returning after 1 year we found our home away from home was just as nice, yes it is getting dated and does need work on pipes etc but hey we don't go to sit in our room we go to venture out and about. The staff are just amazing, I read a comment earlier that someone had stuff stolen from their room, sorry but I find that hard to believe, we have left wallets, rings, watches there all day and they have not moved. As for the Russians, yes a lot are now staying there, but they are just humans like us and some are soooo friendly, others not that is their choice. The pools and grounds are magnificent, there is a free shuttle to Patong and Phuket Town the breakfast is to die for. The security and guards in particular at night are a comfort not that we have every felt scared there It would be good to have someone speaking a little more English on reception at times but then again maybe we "English" should take the time to learn basic Thai?It is only a short stroll to some very nice eating places and one should give them all a go as each is as good as the other. Do be careful on Karon beach, it is very rough out there. Walk round to Kata it is much calmer and both are a lot cleaner than Patong.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Catgirl196
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TripAdvisor and also for visiting our resort again. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Please be advised that as of Nov 2012, all 210 Rooms in our resort have been completely renovated so we hope you will like the changes on your next visit.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed the tropical gardens and pool areas in our spacious resort grounds as we strive to create an atmosphere where guests can relax in peaceful, safe green open spaces.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to Karon Beach in the near future

Kind Regards,

Roger Gibson
Director of Marketing and Communications.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I traveled with my family and stayed here for 4 days. Though we had wait for some time for the check in but the free room upgrade was a nice surprise. The rooms very nice with large balconies overlooking the swimming pool and the sea visible at some distance

The pools were nice and clean and kids had loads of fun. The kids rooms was under repair which was a damper.

The food was good and breakfast sumptuous. With beach just across the road, hotel location is perfect.

Great value!!

Room Tip: choose the 4th floor deluxe rooms for best views
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ThavornPB, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Sawasdee kha……..

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments here on Tripadvisor.
I am delighted to hear that you had the pleasure of a complimentary upgrade and enjoyed the views of the pool and sea from your room.

As you experienced our beachfront location close to all the shops and activity in Karon, the quality of food at our resort, and choice of 5 swimming pools makes Thavorn Palm Beach a great value for money accommodation option for families.

I am sorry to hear you did not get to experience the kids room this time round, as with any hotel we need to carry out renovation works from time to time, but we would love for your family to come and try it out, perhaps on a future visit to Phuket?

On behalf of the team here at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, thank you again for your valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to sunny Karon

Reviewed July 13, 2011

I found that the staff were very friendly and always willing to help. We arrived late in the evening, on our first night and our room was bad, it was dirty, I mean the room needed a piant and a good clean. Being tired we waited for the next morning to complain. Within a few hours we were moved to another room, without any fuss. What a difference. We really enjoyed our stay. This Hotel when first built must have been realy grand, one of the best. It needs a little TLC, to bring it back to it's hay-day.

Room Tip: Don't be shy to complain, staff are very welling to help, where they can
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Sawasdee kha….

Thank you for leaving your review here on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed the famous Thai hospitality from our staff.

Please note that, if you arrived very late in the evening and had not informed the resort of a late arrival beforehand, this may have been treated as a ‘no show’ and therefore a room may not have been prepared for you. However, I am glad to hear that our staff were able to swiftly relocate you to another room that was to your satisfaction.

Thavorn Palm Beach Management feel it is very important to listen to our guests, so as you experienced, should you need any assistance or have any problems during your stay our dedicated staff members will be happy to help where they can.

Please note that we are currently carrying out improvements to our rooms. As we can only carry out work on rooms when they are vacant, this will typically be in the low season months only, and so this is a very gradual process.

I would like to thank you again for your valued feedback, and hope that we can welcome you again in the near future

Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed at the Thavorn Palm Beach Resort in Karon for 14 nights with our family of 5 in June/ July 2011.
I have stayed at this resort before many years ago and loved it then but after reading some of the comments on Trip Advisory I was a little concerned, however I still booked my trip and did not regret it at all.
It is an awesome resort. it has the best 5 beautiful swimming pools in Phuket. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the staff are really lovely. The breakfast was amazing. Massive Smorgasbord of every kind of food you could think of and they even cooked extra food specially if you wished. We were all very happy with our Deluxe rooms. They have a nice Traditional Thai feel to them without being too Americanized. They were clean and tidy, yes the bathrooms could do with a little make over but I only spent not even 10mins a day in there so you cant complain. We came to Thailand to swim, eat and get a great tan, which we did at the Thavorn Palm Beach. The best spot to eat Thai food was just around the corner at Sofia Restaurant and Cafe, 32 Patak Rd. We just love Thai food and they honestly have the best Thai food money can buy. Kids ate european food and I must admit they make the best pizza that I have ever had in Phuket. Staff are very friendly and humble and really made us feel like vip clients.
I had 3 suits made by two different taliors made while I was there because they are just sooo cheap. John Collections on Patak Rd is honeslty the best Tailor and vaule for money. His workmanship is exceptional and I love the fact he hunted around to get the exact fabric I wanted even though he didnt have it in stock. Excellent Tailor. I will only use him next time. All in all we all loved our holiday at the Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, we loved the swimming pools, we loved the weather, we loved the people we loved the shopping just around the corner and we loved the location. We will be going back again and staying, eating, and shopping in the same place in Karon.
If you stay, eat or shop there you'll have a ball and love your holiday

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CorinaPaveluc

Sawasdee kha...........I am delighted to hear that you loved your holiday here at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort in Karon. Our traditional Thai hospitality is popular with guests many of whom like yourself and family return to our resort again to enjoy our fabulous beachfront location, located spaciously on 20 acres of land set amidst beautifully landscaped grounds and traditional Thai gardens.

Our beachfront location and our proximity to many shops, tailors, restaurants and other amenities in Karon makes Thavorn Palm Beach a great value for money accommodation option.

On behalf of the team here at the resort, we look forward to welcoming your family again on your next holiday here, hopefully in the very near future

Thanks and regards,

Melissa Ah-Sing (Marketing & Comms Mgr)

Reviewed July 13, 2011

While not one of the best hotels I have stayed in it certainly was not one of the worst. The staff were so friendly, and went the extra mile to make sure everyone was happy. It's a shame that the decor of this hotel lets the side down, because although it is spotlessly clean, it is starting to look tired and dated. We enjoyed our stay at the Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, but if we were going back to Phuket, we would want to stay in a better class accommodation. The service as I said was excellent but I don't know it just lacked the WOW factor. It does however have a great location, and you can walk along the seafront into the town centre, which we did quite a few times.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
RogerGibson, Manager at Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Sawasdee kha….

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments here on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our warm Thai hospitality and excellent levels of service from our friendly staff.

Please note that we are currently carrying out improvements to our rooms and during this process we strive to maintain usual high standards of cleanliness.

I am glad that you could enjoy the convenience of walking along the beachfront to the centre of Karon. Our prime location by Karon beach, is a key feature for our guests that makes Thavorn Palm Beach Resort excellent value for money.

I would like to thank you again for leaving your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,