First impressions were not good. The "welcome area" is a bit odd as nobody tells you to stop off here. No notice, no sign, no help. We drove in an open bus to the real reception through what seemed to us to be a sprawling mass. Big, spread out and a bit overpowering. Check in was fast and friendly. Our room was a surprise. No way was it anywhere near a 5 star room....not even a 3 star room. Old furniture, cold and old fashioned floor tiles a big old TV. The shower didn't work and then we had no hot water. The sink was blocked as well. I smelt must off our mattress and felt damp at night. The problem was clear on the 2nd day. The ceiling was totally covered in water, now dripping down. We were sleeping in a dangerous humid, mouldy atmosphere. Jitlada on reception was really good, apologetic and moved us to a much nicer room. It was a pity this had happened as it could have been avoided. The charge for internet is a rip off. 250 baht for 1 hour on your own laptop! Why do some hotels still believe that internet is an added luxury to be charged for? Why not charge then for the TV? After all this is more expensive to buy and to run. Guys...check out the blinds in the reception area. Have you seen the dirt and filth of the blinds? The mould and dirt at the ends of these? I did. And I also saw the chipped table tops, the scratches everywhere, the scratched floors and varnish. Where is your maintenance?? Labour is so, so cheap in Thailand.The Thai buffet was dreadful and a total waste of money. DON'T BOTHER. The food was tasteless, cold, stale and not a single chef cooking as the poster promised. Terrible. We stayed 9 days and the resort grew on us, but it has too many faults for us to return.
ps...I have sent 3 emails to this hotel with NO reply to date.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon