Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
4,308 results
All reviews lotus wing the executive lounge sails restaurant thai thai restaurant diamond member ocean beach club saitong wing sea view main lobby huge property beach road tennis courts junior suite pool staff andaman sea public beach tuk tuk
Selected filters
Reviewed January 18, 2020

The staff at the hotel are doing a great job with the guests. From arrival until you leave, the staff is observant and going the extra mile to ensure to satisfy the guest.
At arrival we was followed to our room and showed the facilities. At breakfast, the service was fast. Even as the staff almost everyday had to do a lot of cleaning after some other guests piles of leftovers, they was doing a great job serving with a smile.

The cleaning was done with great respect to our private stuff, and turn down service was excellent.
We did use the OBC pool a lot, and the guys at the facility was discrete but observant.
During our last stay we had access to the panorama lounge and enjoyed the service from all the staff in the lounge.
The surroundings are well kept and preferable to other hotels in the area.
Looking forward to visit this relaxing hotel soon again.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank O_J1S1
HiltonPhuketArcadia, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear O_J1S1,

Thank you very much for your generous review and for sharing your stay experience at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

My team and I are very appreciated reading through your detailed description of our property & the surrounding to be enjoyed, with the pleasure of our ‘Warm of Hospitality’, which starting from arrival until you depart, and along to the room accommodation, the breakfast with the fast service, and special mention to the service in the Panorama Lounge that contributed to make your stay experience, which would prompt you to ‘Looking forward to visit this relaxing hotel soon again’. Thank you very much.

Please be assured that I will take the liberty of forwarding your feedback impression to our Team Members, and I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of us, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

O_J1S1, it was a great pleasure to have you stay with us, and we thank you very much once again for your positive feedback, we most certain do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa again in the near future.

I wish you safe travels home and hope we can meet again.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

Hilton at Karon beach has good location. family friendly. clean pools.very helpful staff. All Phuket area is over touristy the beaches are so-so clean but most of the streets are really dirty.
Lots of good choice to eat around.Nearby islands are nice to visit but the see corals on most of them are dead/bleached(no good to dive or snorkel).

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear radiola2013,

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your stay experience at our resort, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa.

My team and I are very pleased to know that you have had a pleasant stay overall at our resort, and that you were impressed with the resort location, family friendly, clean swimming pools, and very helpful staff, and along to other leisure options around the island that make your stay more experience.

In regards to the guest rooms condition, may I would like to take the opportunity of appraising you of the fact that we have been and will continue to be carrying out an on-going product improvement program within our resort both interior and exterior function, we are scheduled for renovation and will block and renovated different buildings step by step, including the outlets, and the greenery landscaping as well.

radiola2013, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we thank you very much once again for your review feedback, we most certain do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa again in the near future.

I wish you safe travels home and with kind regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2020

I got in touch with the property before my stay and was informed by the General Manager, Markus Kosch, that he has pre-upgraded me to a suite in the Lotus Wing as Diamond-member benefit and to celebrate my birthday. Now that is great news but my research shows that the suites in the Lotus Wing are old and without views of the sea. I was willing to trade the suite for a standard-sized room with sea view. He then went ahead to reserve a room on the highest floor (12th) in Andaman Wing B. He even mentioned that they will be sending me a complimentary cake and even asked for my preferred flavour!

We arrived by our rented motorcycle. There is a parking area just beside the Welcome Lobby (yes, there are two lobbies). The experience here was a little strange. We felt lost as there were no one at the desk and there were a number of tour guides around asking me where I am going. Not sure why they are there but their tout-like behaviour made me uncomfortable. After about five minutes, a hotel staff finally came to us and informed us that there will be a shuttle bus to take us into the main lobby.

There is a check-in desk for Gold and Diamond members. The lady who checked me in brought me to my room and that was when I found out that it was on the 7th floor instead of the promised 12th floor room.. The ‘sea view’ from this floor is mostly blocked by the lower building in front (Andaman Wing A). This was quickly sorted out when I showed her my email conversation with the General Manager.

The rooms with the best views are those on the 10th-12th floors of Andaman Wing B and about four sea view rooms in the Lotus Wing on the 10th and 11th floors. Andaman Wing A, Andaman Wing C and Building G are low buildings. You will only get views of the pool or ‘garden’ and not much of the sea. Which would be a shame as the sun sets directly against the horizon of the Andaman Sea.

I was given two drink coupons for redemption at Andaman Lounge

The Executive Lounge has a nice panoramic view of the Andaman Sea. It is a great alternative spot to catch the sunset if you do not have a sea view room. Alcoholic drinks are complimentary and the warm food offerings in the evening are of good quality.

I was told that there are three places where I can have my breakfast; Sails Restaurant, Buon Appetito and the Executive Lounge. Sails restaurant is the main restaurant and there tends to be a queue at the entrance all the time. Buon Appetito is an Italian Restaurant but I must say, there was nothing Italian about their breakfast spread. It is much less crowded there. Diamond member recognition is good as both restaurants.

The gym is small for a property of this size and it was pretty crowded the few times I was there. I had to wait a long time to get a photo with less people in it. It is also a shame that guests are charged for using the tennis facilities, squash and yoga classes.

There is an unguarded back entrance to the hotel. This is also where you have direct access to Karon Beach. I found the lack of security here strange as the security at the front gate looks tight.

Breakfast: 0700 - 1100 hours
Executive Lounge opening: 0700 - 2100 hours
Happy hour at the Executive Lounge: 1700 - 1830 hours

Conclusion
I like the location of this property compared to the ones in the busy (and noisy) Patong area. Karon beach is just a few steps away and it is a lot less crowded than Patong beach. I disliked the inconvenience of needing to wait for the shuttle just to get from the Welcome Lobby to Main Lobby. It takes about 10 minutes just to wait for a shuttle and get there. If I am staying here again, I will skip the crowd at the restaurants and have my breakfasts in the Executive Lounge. It is a long 10 minutes walk to get from our room in Andaman Wing B to the Executive Lounge in Lotus Wing. Try to request for rooms on the top 3 floors of Andaman Wing B as those room have the best views.

Ratings
Executive lounge: 9/10
Elite member recognition: 9/10

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank suitesmile
HiltonPhuketArcadia, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear suitesmile,

Thank you very much for your generous review and for sharing your stay experience at our resort, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa. It was also a pleasure meeting you both. Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Diamond member, and chose to stay to celebrate for your birthday.

My team and I are delighted to know that you were enjoying your overall stay at our resort, capturing to the positive impression on the hotel, the peaceful of Karon beach, and especially the hospitality and stunning sea view from the Panorama Lounge, and all the benefits of being a Hilton Diamond Member that contributed to make you stay experience.

May I would like to update you that the arrival arrangements to the resort as such that we do provide a tram shuttle service from the welcome lobby to the main lobby of the resort for those guests that select alternative transport arrangements to our facilities. This ‘concept’ does permit us to limit the flow of traffic within the resort thereby hopefully providing a more secure and safe environment for those guests that choose to walk around our extensive property. We do apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced for longer waiting times as one of the trams was out of order for a few days and now it has been fixed already. We will also make sure that our staff is at the Welcome Lobby more frequently too.

We have taken note on your constructive feedback, please rest assure that the details will be taken with the team for review and appropriate improvement. I do apologize once again for the inconvenience that you had.

suitesmile, it has been a great pleasure to have you stay with us, and thank you very much once again for your feedback, we most certain do look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

I wish you safe travels home, and hope we can meet again.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights and got upgraded to sea view room which was great for diamond member.
The check in took awhile at the special check in counter for Elite HH even though we requested early check in before 3pm when we replied back to their email. Beside that they were able to upgraded 2 other rooms to the same floor as our as Gold members
To our surprise, only Diamond can get to the lounge not Gold. The lounge wasn’t that great compared to other Hilton I had been before. It was very small place with not many choices of drinks or food but it had a great view.If you come 30 minutes before 6:30pm then there wasn’t anything left in term of food
I had a great view from my room
The premise is huge so it took quite a walk to get to the lounge
The Sail restaurant had a good breakfast but they had almost same food every day while I was there. If you are a Diamond member they put a diamond on your table. The General manager came by and greeting you
Some days there were good servers, other day they just ignored you unless you called them several time.
The price of a bottle of water was ridiculously expensive cost 200 baht at the restaurant
The first day I was at the restaurant there was many bug flies on the fruit’s plates in the restaurant, I told the servers that they needed to have plastic cover to cover the plates but nothing had been done until when the general manager came to greet us and I told him about the issue and right away the issue had been solved.
The Karon beach is so nice and less crowded. I would stay here for the beach instead of Patong beach. The hotel is across from the beach, you can ask for beach towels from the hotel
Outside the hotel within walking distance there are shops, restaurants, exchange houses, massage places...
I would give it a 5/5 if I hadn’t encountered some of the issues mentioned above. Hope that they will reduce the price for the bottle of water

Trip type: Traveled with family
HiltonPhuketArcadia, General Manager at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear ndjunke53,

Thank you very much for your generous review and for sharing your stay experience at our resort, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa. Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Diamond Member.

It was a nice pleasure to meet you during your stay. My team and I are very pleased to know that you have had a pleasant stay overall at our resort, and that you were impressed with the upgraded room with a great ocean view, the Karon beach which is so nice and only steps from the hotel, and along to the benefits of being a Hilton Diamond Member that contributed to make you stay experience.

May I would like to assure you that we greatly value your feedback. While sincerely apologizing for the inconvenience that you appear to have encountered, your feedback will be taken with the team for prompt review and appropriate attention. I do apologize once again for this.

ndjunke53, it was a great pleasure to have you stay with us, and we thank you very much once again for your review feedback, we most certain do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa again in the near future.

I wish you safe travels home and hope we can meet again.

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

This was a fantastic stay from start to finish for us. Immediately at check in, the gm Markus came over to introduce himself and went above and beyond in recognizing our lifetime diamond status with Hilton. He pointed out our over 880 stays and said it certainly stood out on the check in list lol. Markus took the time to do our check-in himself and we had cold towels and delicious drinks during the process. I booked the 5 night stay on points and although we were unable to get an upgrade to a suite, Markus had us in a top floor ocean room which was amazing and had breathtaking views. We also had access to the lounge as diamond members where a delicious breakfast buffet and made to order egg dishes were served. Along with an evening happy hour with a gray rotating spread for a pre-dinner snack and cocktail. The staff in the lounge were absolutely fantastic, memorizing our preferred seating location and drink orders by the second day of our stay.
The resort layout is quite expansive and has everything you need should you not want to venture out. I recommend walking around and checking out local shops and eateries both in and out of the resort.
The rooms were cleaned multiple times a day and with extreme care. Turn down service was provided and excellent. All our requests were promptly handled and we really could not have asked for more from this property. Everything is pretty well thought out and runs like a well oiled machine. We will definitely be back!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Simon,

Thank you very much for your most generous review and for sharing your great stay experience at our resort, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa. Thank you for your loyalty as a Hilton Diamond Lifetime Member, and also very nice meeting you too.

My team and I are very delighted to know that your 5 nights stay at our resort was really enjoyed your overall stay, with the most capturing to your positive impression is our ‘Warmth of Hospitality’ , with special mention to our service and food in the Panorama Lounge that contributed to make your stay experience.

Please be assured that I will take the liberty of forwarding your feedback impression to all of our Team Members, as I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services, which would prompt you to “We will definitely be back!”. Thank you very much.

Simon, it was a great pleasure to have you stay with us, and we thank you very much once again for your great review feedback, we most certain do look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa again in the near future.

Wish you safe travels home, and hope we can meet again.