This hotel is amazing by SE Asia standards. The room was quite large with very nice decor. Upon entering our room, the strong smell of essential oils would have been wonderful had I not been allergic...they place a scented burner in the room. After removing it and airing out the room, we were pleasantly suprised. We had a garden view with balcony and found we still had a view of the ocean so were glad we hadn't spent the extra $$ for ocean view. The bathroom was quite large and very nice excluding the worn bathtub that definately needed some updating. The toilet was unique as we spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to flush it as the knob was located on a wall, under shelf. This added to the charm however and gave us a story to tell.
The breakfast buffet, which was included, was absolutely amazing, the best I've ever had. It had table after table of fresh fruit, curries, pastries, eggs, fresh squeezed juice, etc., sure to please anyone no matter where they are from or like. We hit it just before it closed at 11:00 so we could skip lunch. The cafes located at the resort were a bit pricey but well worth it due to quality and convenience. We arrived just as the kitchen was closing the first night and they actually stayed open just to serve us which was quite nice.
This resort has three swimming pools, one that is in the sun with a diving board and deep end, and two other's that are shallower with water slides and a lot of shaded areas. One of the pools has a secluded back area for adults only which we found quite romantic and secluded.
The beach is incredible but you must cross a road to get to it. The hotel did provide a crossing guard to make the crossing a bit safer. But, due to the season, the seas were too high to swim in during our visit. Red flags were noticably posted up and down the beach which is a nice added precaution as there had been a drowning in the area recently.
The only downfall was the worn tub and the fact that the beach is located across the street but, even with that, I would definately recommend this motel. We were there off season so found it to be quiet and relaxing but I'm sure high season it is probably packed with people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon