I've stayed at the Hilton Arcadia 3 times over the last 13 years. Twice before it received it's Hilton branding, and more recently in April 2014. I took my fiance on a ten day holiday to Thailand and, trusting my past experiences with this hotel, booked it for the full duration of our stay. It is roughly 1 hour away from the airport but offers a private taxi service (in my case it was free) from and to the airport. Once you arrive, you are taken to the Welcome reception where you are then taken to the main reception of the hotel through the enormous and plush gardens, past their lakes and spa and a very short tour of the hotel from the transport vehicle. Initially these vehicles were extended golf-carts but are now trucks with seating etc which are quite comfortable and atmospheric, but make too much noise. The Staff was fantastic and very helpful in everything, from checking us in, offering us free refreshments at check in and check out, finding space at the pools. Everything. This is why I come to Thailand. People here are genuinely happy, kind and very ready to help. On our previous trips we had stayed in sea-view rooms, whereas on our most recent trip we stayed in a garden view. Whichever you choose, you will not be disappointed with the view. The gardens are gorgeous. They are thick and plush and blooming and are worth taking an hour or more to explore. This hotel is the definition of resort. You really feel like you are very far from civilization, while also feeling welcome and at home.
The room we were given was above the road which is used by their transport vehicle to get people from the main reception to the welcome reception. If you are planning on staying here avoid this room, simply because you may find that the noise of the vehicle may be bothersome, although for us it was mostly unnoticeable. The room we had was also not in the best condition, something I attribute to the hotel no being over 10 years old. Little things like some rust in the shower, or the shower door being a little difficult to open at times, and some of the furniture being scuffed or mildly broken. Not major issues, but their attention to detail seems to be faltering. There are 3 pools, 2 of which are multi levelled making it 5 pools, a souvenir shop, jewellery shop and 4 dedicated restaurants. Breakfast is served at the Italian restaurant, overlooking their vast lake and is a beautiful experience. The breakfast buffet was unfortunately not as good as I remember but was satisfactory. The Thai Thai restaurant at the beach side area of the hotel was one of the best I have visited. It was more expensive than others we visited, but a very worthwhile meal. The food was fantastic and traditionally Thai, the decoration was appropriate and the staff was excellent. I wish that it was on tripadvisor so I could give it the review and rating it deserves, 5 stars. Room service was excellent and the food they delivered was also very high standard. My only issue with their room service was that once we had finished with our meal our plates and tray were left outside our door for 2 days. This was genuinely unfortunate as the rest of the experience was excellent. The hotel is also in a more quiet area of Phuket, however most things are within walking distance. The beach in front of the hotel is beautiful, though the sand is not very clean, and you can even get a cheap 1 hour massage on the beach for about 400 baht, and there are two taxi services right outside to take you wherever you need to go. Although this hotel is now starting to show it's age, it is an excellent place to stay. You would probably also be receiving a bargain because of it's age, but make no mistake, this is luxurious and beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon