The hiltonarcadia in phuket is a huge resort with alot of potential, it does not have only holiday makers but also host congresses and meetings. The rooms are large, spacious and well kept both the garden view rooms and the seaview rooms. We had booked a superior seaview . On the first night of our stay we were given a garden view room , due to overbooking . We were then upgraded to a deluxe seaview room and a complimentary buffet dinner at the sails restaurant.
I have stayed several times at hilton hotels all over the world but unfortunatly the standard of service at the sails restaurant of this hotel is not up to the same standards like the other hotels and it has needs for improvement. In this restaurant breakfast and Halfboard dinners are also served. Since we were closest to the sails restaurant we decided to take breakfast there. When we arrived early we could have a nice table and we got our coffee immediatly. On 3 occassions we came down a bit later and we found the restaurant full and with alot of noise and stress. You had a row of people on the stairs waiting in the queue and waiters running aroud not knowing where to start from. On one occassion we had sat on table and about 5 mins later they came telling us this table is reserved even though there was nothing marked on it. They told us to go to the buon apetito restaurant for breakfast. Our table was given to the people joining the congress. In my opinion there is no organization at all in this matter when the people arrive they should be assigned a specific restaurant close to their building and not everybody ends up going to same restaurant. In fact the other restaurant was half empty. The waiters should be assigned to waid on specific tables and not running around ll over the place.
On the fist evening we went for dinner at the sails restaurant at around 2000 we found the buffet in a messy state like a group of hungry people before us made ther way. The warm food buffet was empty . only a spoon off mashed potatoes left. All the serving spoons where used many times with alot of food stuck on them. I managed to get some potato gratin, dried chicken and duck. When I went to the table to start to eat, i found out the the potatoes from the gratin were still raw, the duck was pink and the skin still soggy. The chicken breast was very fry. We waited a little bit longer that the buffet gets refilled and we went to try some other dishes. In the meantime even though I had told the waitress, that the potato gratin was raw nothing has been done and the gratin was still there for others to eat. Our table was never cleared and we were clearing it by our selves by putting our plates on other dirty tables.
In my opinion alot of things need to be done in this htl to improve to the hilton excellence service , this one is definitly not one of them. Congress particiapants or groups should be assigned to seperate rooms this would make it much easier for individual guess seeking a relaxing holiday.
My suggestion for the people staying in this hotel is to go for an early breakfast and do not book halfboard. I was happy that i have only booked BB. If you decide to stay in the hotel and you would like to have a meal go to the Thai Thai restaurant great service and good thai food. The Buon appetito restaurant also has good service but do not expect to get the same pizza like we are used in europe.
with best regards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort is located on the island’s west coast and offers a range of fun and relaxation options for parents and children alike. The resort sprawls over 75-acres landscaped gardens, right on the golden sands of Karon Beach. The resort is conveniently located to four world-class golf courses, elephant riding, scuba diving, ancient golden temples and an abundance of shopping areas. It is the place that you’d rather be with your family for next holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Hotel Karon
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort And Spa
- Phuket Hilton
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa Karon